Emperor G_D

Making An Oral Suspension

There are a few different ways to make an oral suspension. The two most common methods would be alcohol only, or alcohol and oil. I think you can use glycerine, and PEG, but they're expensive and more difficult to get right.

Method number 1: Alcohol

Most bros will tell you to use "grain alcohol" or everclear but I don't think there's a need for it. Cheap vodka or rum will do just fine.

Pluses: Cheap and easy.

Cons: Won't stay in solution at all, and will be more difficult to dose. Also, makes your breffs stink, like a hangover (depending on your dose).

Method number 2: Oil

I use olive oil, because I always have it around. You can also use MCT oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, etc. The heavier oils are likely to hold your product in suspension better than the lighter oils.

Pluses: Keeps in suspension pretty well.

Cons: Might be more difficult to get your product into solution without a solvent (like alcohol).

Method number 3: Alcohol + Oil

The best of both worlds? You have alcohol to get your product into solution and oil to suspend it. You can mix it in a 1:3 ratio (alcohol:oil). Not too boozy, and more than enough oil.

I normally use a mortar and pestle to ensure the powders are ground up real well. Then I use the alcohol to make a solution out of the product. Then I add it to my oil. Voila.

If it's real cold in your house/region, then you can warm your oil.

A word about measurements:

You're making a suspension because you:

A- don't want to cap a few mg of a product

B- want reliable dosing of your product

C- want an easy dosing regimen

So be sure about all of your measurements.

You need to know what your target dosage is. Do you want 50mg of product per dose? 20mg? 100mg?

You need to know the volume of your container in ml. If you don't know the volume of your desired container, you can measure it out. Fill it with water and use a measuring spoon, dropper, or some other tool to get a total volume.

If you have a 50ml container, and you want a 1ml dosing, and you want 20mg/ml, follow these instructions:

Method 1: Take 1g of product and make sure it's pulverized well. Mix it into 49ml* of alcohol. Voila.

Method 2: Take 1g of product and make sure it's pulverized well. Mix it into 49ml* of oil. Voila.

Method 3: Take 1g of product and make sure it's pulverized well. Mix it into solution using 12.5ml* of alcohol. Once it is well-mixed, pour it into your container with 36.5ml of oil. Mix well. Voila.

*- 1g of product will use about 1ml of volume.

Guest WangChung

Method 3: 16 ml alc, 33 ml oil?

Thanks much for taking he time to do this, Sam. Very kind and generous of you.

49ml of liquid, 1ml of powder. In a 50ml container you're at 100%.

I think I meant to break it down differently, though. That's 1:2, and I had mentioned 1:3 in my brief write-up.

1:3 would be 12.5ml alcohol, 36.5ml oil, 1ml powder. Roughly. I'll correct my example.

FWIW, steroid hormones should dissolve in oil rather than hang out in suspension so if you are making an oral solution with trendione powder, I'd suggest just using MCT oil (light and essentially tasteless) without the alcohol. Otherwise, the instructions are the same as posted above.

Which MCT oil? Coconut oil will be a solid at room temp and you'll need to heat it before dosing.

As an aside, one can make coconut oil into small ball like pills of medicine, and dust the outside with something palatable eg( flavour and stevia ). The downside is that it is better to keep them chilled, and in slightly warmer conditions, the things can melt. Gums can be mixed in to the oil to give it a slightly firmer consistency.

J

Guest WangChung
FWIW' date=' steroid hormones should dissolve in oil rather than hang out in suspension so if you are making an oral solution with trendione powder, I'd suggest just using MCT oil (light and essentially tasteless) without the alcohol. Otherwise, the instructions are the same as Sam posted above.[/quote']

Is there really a significant advantage to this? I haven't priced MCT oil in a long time. Do you have a particularly type you've used and recommend Ben? If it's cheap, I may give it a try. I probably won't start the trenavar until after my elbow scope on Dec. 14th.

These all look good. Maybe I will try the orange flavored one if they dont restock the emulsified coconut oil.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/q?kw=MCT&x=0&y=0

TIA.

I think a solution is going to be better than a suspension and trendione should dissolve fairly readily in oil...MCT oil has the advantage of being tasteless and light but you could use any oil really...sweet almond oil might be a good choice...

I am not sure how well steroid hormones dissolve in glycerin...my guess is, not great given how hydrophobic they are.

That said, a glycerin suspension might be preferable simply because of its viscosity.

What about just using glycerin?

I just did this with hdrol for a friend. Made a perfect suspension. Distributed well and didn't settle.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

It works with glycerin' date=' too. I just don't enjoy the taste or mouthfeel of glycerin.[/quote']

Gives great pumps though!

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

Guest WangChung
It works with glycerin' date=' too. I just don't enjoy the taste or mouthfeel of glycerin.[/quote']

I like your solvent oil approach. I have all I need to make it, and I like the viscosity and the taste. It also makes it taste like medicine, which is good safety measure.

In other words, Sam knows.

Some of these steroids have a pretty nasty taste all by themselves...1-test, for example, is highly irritating to mucous membranes...not sure about trendione but you may want to put a little on your tongue before you decide on a formula.

Guest WangChung
Some of these steroids have a pretty nasty taste all by themselves...1-test' date=' for example, is highly irritating to mucous membranes...not sure about trendione but you may want to put a little on your tongue before you decide on a formula.[/quote']

Already used Sam's and it worked great. I would think it tastes better than just oil. I also added a little crystal light in the alchohol, so it tastes like raspberry.

Thanks for the help, Sam. Much appreciated.

What kind of oils have you guys used? Are there any criteria for selection? I read that grapeseed and MCT are popular, but am unsure why I would choose one over another. I'll probably be using the vodka+oil method, for reference. Broadly speaking, what should I expect as the upper limit for saturating this solution?

Also, found these guys as a very inexpensive source of all shapes/sizes/tints of glass and plastic bottles: http://www.specialtybottle.com/ Shipping scales with order weight.