Kimbo

Impressive Lifting (Videos and Pictures)

I thought it would be cool to start up a thread with videos of impressive feats of strength.

Here's Ilya Ilin front squatting 250kg like most people do speed work:

The definitive strength athlete: pro strongman that's placed 3rd at WSM; has a 210kilo snatch, 250kilo C&J, and 450kilo total; and most recently totaled 2221lb at a raw powerlift meet

Fuck me sideways!

I love watching videos of Misha. I think there is another thread that I put up specifically for Misha. I'll dig it up.

One of my favorite videos ever:

One of my faves also. Notice that he forgot to cinch his belt before the lift too?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

No jerk, just clean and push the thing over your head...

This was back when the clean and press was still a competition lift. I wish it still was.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sam already shared the Power Unlimited documentary' date=' but I loved the scene in it documenting Lee Moran's 1000lb squat and how he got it despite the disastrous first two attempts.[/quote']

Oh yeah. We should link to that thread, here. I love that movie.

@the little kid video

Kids have a great innate ability to squat ATG without needing any direction. For the vast majority of us we lose that at some point and maybe relearn it one day. Imagine if you were actually lifting with that skill from an early age like that.

This kid's mobility could be quite impressive.

@the little kid video

Kids have a great innate ability to squat ATG without needing any direction. For the vast majority of us we lose that at some point and maybe relearn it one day. Imagine if you were actually lifting with that skill from an early age like that.

This kid's mobility could be quite impressive.

THat's what strikes me about the kid. His motor skills are incredible. By the time he is nearing adulthood, he should be pretty darned capable.

They start the little ones out early in other countries. They sort of sift them into different camps (this one's an Oly lifter, this one's a wrestler, etc). That little kid is doing full snatches with like 25-30kg on the bar, which is just nuts.