mwarren

Resurrection of Blu

Here's my advice:

Bathe in a mixture of milk and flour mixed in such a ratio that it has a consistency similar to quicksand

shove a stick of butter up your ass every morning

This will help you.

12 hours ago, Burton said:

Here's my advice:

Bathe in a mixture of milk and flour mixed in such a ratio that it has a consistency similar to quicksand

shove a stick of butter up your ass every morning

This will help you.

I've already been doing the butter thing

Got that cocksucker squat PR. I got too elongated because of the knee pain but fuck it I'm happy. I just need to work on my knees when the new program begins.

And thanks for the complement on my picture but let's face it, I ain't trying to be a little fuckboy Justin Beiber ripped abs weakling. I want to be strong. Real men weigh 250. I need to make some serious effort here. 

Squat 

The rest doesn't matter. Bench on Weds

Hit a 315lb bench last night but my ass came up a little because I was scared of hurting my pec. The actual last wasn't nearly that hard. But whatever. I'll count it for now. I just didn't have enough practice getting comfortable with heavier weight on my pec.

At the end I said "oghh shit" but I swear I don't sound like that lol

Now all I need to pull Friday is 535 to hit the bullshit 1300 total.

Okay so finished up. Hit 525 DL and my pec felt like it was going to explode so I didn't go for the 545 I was planning on attempting. To be honest though, I was spent and my form was pretty bad on the 525 so I'm glad I stopped there. I missed that 1300 total by 10lbs. Pretty bummed about that lol. 

I also hit a hard set of pullups and db presses just bcoz. 

Deadlift

Pullup

DB Incline Bench

65x20

Full Squat practice

135x8x2

So, I'm pretty sure Uncle Kim is going to coach me through the next cycle and I need to grow my legs. Can't wait.

20 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

Nice pants ya fuckin homo.

Fuck you, I had to roll up the legs because they were too baggy at the bottom.

20 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

BTW, the pec pain is likely due to shoulder positioning...a better job locking down your lats and pulling your shoulders back would maybe prevent that. It happens to me, too, when I pull something max-ish.

Okay, that definitely sounds like my issue. I think my back stronger than my legs in the proportion they should be in for the PL lifts BUT my lats are weak. I will try to get a lot of pulling volume in this off season. Any exercises you recommend in particular that would help? I know a lot of it has to do with setting up and getting locked in correctly but I want to focus on gaining mass in my weak areas for a few months at least.

9 hours ago, STENDEC said:

Dude you are totally my lifting brother from another mother...

I know, you keep me pushing hard. It's good having someone I respect in a similar position so that I can see what they do and how it works for them and whatnot. Ever since I was a teenager on the AL forum, I've been envious of your pulling ability. 

3 hours ago, mwarren said:

Fuck you, I had to roll up the legs because they were too baggy at the bottom.

Okay, that definitely sounds like my issue. I think my back stronger than my legs in the proportion they should be in for the PL lifts BUT my lats are weak. I will try to get a lot of pulling volume in this off season. Any exercises you recommend in particular that would help? I know a lot of it has to do with setting up and getting locked in correctly but I want to focus on gaining mass in my weak areas for a few months at least.

I'm the latless man, so I wouldn't look to me for packing on meat there. 

I've been getting in rows, and pulldowns, and reverse pushups, and single arm lat work for about 4 weeks and my lats are improving. I give them 2 days of work per week.

A few cues my coach gives me for Oly lifts might help. One is to shrug, then down hard - this helps to engage the lats. The other is to sqeeze your armpits. These have helped me with my 1st pull, so I would imagine that they'd help with DLing.