mwarren

Resurrection of Blu

26 minutes ago, Emperor G_D said:

Haha. I once did a deal of sorts with him. You know, he used to get off mailing drugs around the country.

That's weird, I get off on normal things.

Like videos of people beating up furries

I've been regularly eating a big bowl of generic Fruity Pebbles with skim Fairlife milk after training along with another 40g of whey and about 20g of fat and I love it....have not gained any weight either but my muscles love and appreciate the glucose hit.

38 minutes ago, Emperor G_D said:

That wasn't an answer.

Regardless...if you actually do the work and count the macros and kcals, the answer to why you are gaining or not gaining scale weight will present itself to you.

I don't think you understand...I know how to count. The problem is satiety and food volume. As stated, I am routinely missing my goal by about 300kcal because I can't eat anything else without puking. I have been feeling even more sick/full lately.

11 minutes ago, STENDEC said:

I've been regularly eating a big bowl of generic Fruity Pebbles with skim Fairlife milk after training along with another 40g of whey and about 20g of fat and I love it....have not gained any weight either but my muscles love and appreciate the glucose hit.

Yea, I've been able to eat a good amount of cereal after training. Maybe i should focus on more cereal since it glues down easy.

33 minutes ago, mwarren said:

Sam, thanks for that article though....is that from the people that made the books? He works with CWS?

I'll break down my needs of pro and fat after work

Yes, Mike Israetel is the author of the RP diet (along with his cohorts at RP).

53 minutes ago, mwarren said:

I don't think you understand...I know how to count. The problem is satiety and food volume. As stated, I am routinely missing my goal by about 300kcal because I can't eat anything else without puking. I have been feeling even more sick/full lately.

I'm sure you know how to count, but what is your count? I see a generic % breakdown, but I'm sure you're not hitting it daily, are you?

Adding in 300kcal of sugar on workout days doesn't seem like the right thing to do, so my thought is you should see where you fall based on some loose macro structure (like the RP stuff above) and see if maybe some extra protein and fat don't make things a bit better for you. 

1 hour ago, Emperor G_D said:

I'm sure you know how to count, but what is your count? I see a generic % breakdown, but I'm sure you're not hitting it daily, are you?

Adding in 300kcal of sugar on workout days doesn't seem like the right thing to do, so my thought is you should see where you fall based on some loose macro structure (like the RP stuff above) and see if maybe some extra protein and fat don't make things a bit better for you. 

I was just being fiesty, I am not good at conveying my personality through a keyboard. I am actually joking around or talking shit 95% of the time. I think life should be fun. But anyways...

Yea, I log my foods into a program and by the end of the day I try to hit 2-300g protein, 500g carbs, and I don't focus on fat but i get more than i should on most days. My ratio ends up being close to 30/50/20 on my good days and 20/50/30 on a few days. But, I think going by those numbers listed in your quote, I'll be getting my needs met by satiating pro and fat then getting the energy filled by more carbs. 

And no, I am not consistently hitting my numbers. That's the main problem. It's not that I can't track or cook or plan. It's that I get too full. I'm going to set up a daily plan with leeway on fat intake for Jamie's dinners based on the requirements you posted and see if it helps me get the calories in. 

1 hour ago, Emperor G_D said:

Boy, you really need to work on your communication skills.

Lol I know! At work or just in general I guess, people misinterpret me a lot of the time. People usually hate me until they get to know me, then they like me. I have a lot of friends, but all of them will tell me "I thought you were an asshole when I met you, but now I know that's just how you look/talk." I've been told I'm like Ryan Reynolds mixed with Tom Hardy. Very hard to read, but I really never try to have negativity behind anything I do or say.

But anyways, I've decided I want to start competing. I think all the best lifters at my height are competing at 220. That's why I'm trying to dial things in. The numbers hit at the last meet here were not all that impressive but my squat is severely lacking.

I think thoracic mobility may actually be the culprit. I'll try to video the test Kim sent me tomorrow and upload it here. I noticed my squats traveling forward in the camera view and I was trying very hard not to. 

A. High Bar Back Squat (Full ROM) 8-12 reps, 5 sec pause at parallel on each rep
45x10x2

135x5 realized I forgot to film, then quickly did another 8

Weighted Calf Stretch 

60x30sec 

B1. Competition Grip Bench Press 8-12 reps, 5 sec pause 1 inch off of chest
45x10

95x10

135x12 or 13...felt good

DB Flye Stretch

35x60sec 

B2. Bentover Barbell Row 8-12 reps, 5-1-X-1 (make most of the eccentric the top portion as you lower it)

135x12...I guess the video got cut short

Lat Stretch in rack

x60sec

C. Deadlift 1x5

245x5

WEEK 1 DAY 1- ACCUMULATION

PL Back Squat to Parallel 1x5 @ RPE 7-8
325x5

B. Front Squat (full ROM) 8-12 reps 5-1-X-1:
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
At the end of the last set, do a weight calf stretch for 30 sec to 1 min (however much you can tolerate)

175x10

155x10 and almost puke, gosh darnit Kimboy

C. Competition Grip Bench Press 1x5 @ RPE 7-8

235x5 I am liking this grip! It's gonna do the job.

D1. Dumbbell Bench Press 8-12 reps 5-1-X-1:
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
At the end of the last set, allow your arms to drop into a flye and stretch your pecs in that position for 30sec to 1 min (however much you can tolerate)

70x12

65x10+15s stretch. Stretch was worse today.

D2. 1-Arm DB Row 8-12 reps 5-1-X-1 (start with weak arm then match reps on strong arm):
At the end of the last set, stretch your back out in the power rack for at least 1 minute
Keep core tight during reps (don't rotate)

70x11

65x10

GHR 5-1-X-1 (added by me, this ok?)

x8

DB supine to hammer curl 5-1-2-1

20x10+10

Face Pull 

30x20

ACCUMULATION WEEK 1 DAY 2

Comp Squat 5reps RPE 7-8

335x5 RPE 8

RDL 8-12reps RPE 9.5 w/10% drop sets until RPE 9 (5-1-x-1)

225x10

200x10

200x8+stretch

Comp Bench 5reps RPE 7-8

240x5 RPE 8

Press 8-12reps RPE 9.5 w/10% drop until RPE 9 (5-1-x-1)

105x10

95x6+stretch

Pullup 8-12reps RPE 9.5 w/10% drop until RPE 9 (5-1-x-1)

BWx12

BW-18.75x6+hang

Arm pump and face pull

As you can see, my performance reflected a change to stricter tempo adherence. My drop sets were shit because my body needs to adapt to clearing the metabolic waste from 60s sets lol. So, I'm quite happy with my adherence today and I'm really glad I'm finally taking the fucking time to build a proper base.

I will post vids less frequently. They clutter up the log and you can just check my IG if you want to offer help.

WEEK 1 DAY 3- ACCUMULATION

Feeling better today about my squat form and my conditioning is starting to get better. After months now of doing shit to fix it, my hips absolutely will not open up any more so that is something that I will continue to work on and we may just find that we have to work with it. Kim thinks maybe my glute med is weak so we're going to explore that. Either way, I'm happy with how the weight stacked today over my CG.

Full Squat 8-12reps RPE 9.5 w/10% drop until RPE 9 w/5s pause at parallel

45x10

95x8

135x10 RPE 9

120x9 RPE 10 whoops

Comp Bench 8-12reps RPE 9.5 w/10% drop until RPE 9 w/5s pause 1" above chest

45x10

95x5

145x11 RPE 9.5

130x8

Pendlay Row 8-12reps RPE 9.5 w/10% drop until RPE 9 (5-1-x-1)

145x12

130x8 

DL 5reps RPE 7-8

265x5 RPE 7 

Face Pull

25x20

35x20

Feeling good, gittin better

WEEK 2 DAY 1- ACCUMULATION

Comp Squat RPE 7-8

345x5 RPE 8

Full Front Squat RPE 9.5, 10% drop until RPE 9 achieved (5-1-x-1)

175x9 RPE 9.5

155x10 RPE 9.5+60s stretch

Comp Bench RPE 7-8

245x5 RPE 8

DB Bench RPE 9.5, 10% drop until RPE 9 achieved (5-1-x-1)

70x12 RPE 9.5

65x11 RPE 9+20s stretch

DB Row RPE 9.5, 10% drop until RPE 9 achieved (5-1-x-1)

70x12 RPE 9.5

65x10 RPE 9

GHR (5-1-x-1)

BWx9

BB reverse curl+curl (5-1-x-1)

45x10+6

Accurate tempos 

ACCUMULATION WEEK 2 DAY 2

Comp Squat 5reps RPE 7-8

345x5 RPE 7

RDL 8-12reps RPE 9.5 w/10% drop sets until RPE 9 (5-1-x-1)

225x12

200x12

200x8+stretch

Comp Bench 5reps RPE 7-8

245x5 RPE 8

Press 8-12reps RPE 9.5 w/10% drop until RPE 9 (5-1-x-1)

105x12

95x12

95x8+stretch

Pullup 8-12reps RPE 9.5 w/10% drop until RPE 9 (5-1-x-1)

BWx12

BWx7+20s hang

Need to get my grip stronger with these hangs and I need to get my chest to open better with those weighted stretches. So it's a big goal to get those shitty stretch times to 60s.

Finally I'm adapting. Alright. Good. Great.

But, I am feeling a little shitty the day after because I didn't sleep enough so this may change things tomorrow.

I managed my time poorly and did not sleep enough. I thought I would feel good enough to train by the end of the day as I usually do, but nope. So, for the first time since the beginning of this log, I'm going to have to postpone a training session lol. 

Good news is I only have 9 more years of student loan payments starting today. Sigh.

One of the biggest issues I've been seeing is a bad disconnect between people's willingness to finance a specific course of education and the earning potential in their field.

The daughter of a friend fully financed an art degree to the tune of about $150k and now, while fully employed, doesn't make enough to pay her student loan debt and have her own apartment so is living back at mom's house.

About 10 minutes of research would have told her that the median annual income for a commercial artist was $30k/year...

8 hours ago, STENDEC said:

One of the biggest issues I've been seeing is a bad disconnect between people's willingness to finance a specific course of education and the earning potential in their field.

The daughter of a friend fully financed an art degree to the tune of about $150k and now, while fully employed, doesn't make enough to pay her student loan debt and have her own apartment so is living back at mom's house.

About 10 minutes of research would have told her that the median annual income for a commercial artist was $30k/year...

Yea. Happened to many of my friends like that. 

One of my problems was that I didn't know what I wanted to do so I took a little of everything and a lot of some useless stuff. Ended up taking every course at my community college after leaving university.