mwarren

Resurrection of Blu

From yesterday, which was supposed to be done Friday...

WEEK 2 DAY 3- ACCUMULATION

Full Squat 8-12reps RPE 9.5 w/10% drop until RPE 9 w/5s pause at parallel

45x10

95x8

135x3

155x11 RPE 9.5

140x11 RPE 9.5

Comp Bench 8-12reps RPE 9.5 w/10% drop until RPE 9 w/5s pause 1" above chest

45x10

95x5

150x12 RPE 9.5

135x12 RPE 9

Pendlay Row 8-12reps RPE 9.5 w/10% drop until RPE 9 (5-1-x-1)

155x12 RPE 9

140x12 RPE 8

140x6 RPE 9

DL 5reps RPE 7-8

295x5 RPE 8

Face Pull

25x20x3

Duckunder tricep extension

BWx20x2

BB Cheat Curl

135x3 

Preacher supine to hammer curl (5-1-2-1)

20x12+10

I was feeling spunky from the extra day off. Trying to get extra rest and food in.

23 hours ago, STENDEC said:

One of the biggest issues I've been seeing is a bad disconnect between people's willingness to finance a specific course of education and the earning potential in their field.

The daughter of a friend fully financed an art degree to the tune of about $150k and now, while fully employed, doesn't make enough to pay her student loan debt and have her own apartment so is living back at mom's house.

About 10 minutes of research would have told her that the median annual income for a commercial artist was $30k/year...

And that's why I'm a programmer. Because the term "starving artist" isn't just made up.

I did enjoy art school quite a bit, and I don't regret going, but I can also say that because I was able to get into a different field and pay that shit off.

On 12/21/2018 at 4:11 PM, STENDEC said:

I've been regularly eating a big bowl of generic Fruity Pebbles with skim Fairlife milk after training along with another 40g of whey and about 20g of fat and I love it....have not gained any weight either but my muscles love and appreciate the glucose hit.

I have been preaching the anabolic qualities of Fruity Pebbles for many years now.

2 hours ago, Ras said:

I have degrees in a wide range of low earning potential disciplines!

It was hard for me to get over the "what if" scenario when looking back at this. I think this year is truly when I successful transferred to "what now" and started being content with what happened and moving forward. I think this is a big reason for the employment issues with my age group. And that "I deserve this or that and that's below me" attitude

54 minutes ago, mwarren said:

It was hard for me to get over the "what if" scenario when looking back at this. I think this year is truly when I successful transferred to "what now" and started being content with what happened and moving forward. I think this is a big reason for the employment issues with my age group. And that "I deserve this or that and that's below me" attitude

I hear ya. I worked as a dock hand for two years after completing my second masters. But je ne regrette rien.

I have been super impressed that both my boys have decided that the old man might be actually be right when he preaches about the danger of education debt....both have taken non-traditional approaches to post-secondary education that will get them where they want to be with a small fraction of the debt many of their peers will incur...

2 hours ago, Kimbo said:

I have been preaching the anabolic qualities of Fruity Pebbles for many years now.

I have to say, getting over my fear of simple carbs and having a bowl of sugared cereal for my post WO meal along with some extra protein has been one of the single best things I have done for my training in years...

WEEK 3 DAY 1- ACCUMULATION

Comp Squat RPE 7-8

355x5 RPE 8.2

Full Front Squat RPE 9.5, 10% drop until RPE 9 achieved (5-1-x-1)

175x10 RPE 9

155x10 RPE 9+60s stretch

Comp Bench RPE 7-8

250x5 RPE 8

DB Bench RPE 9.5, 10% drop until RPE 9 achieved (5-1-x-1)

75X12 RPE 9

65x12 RPE 9+25s stretch

DB Row RPE 9.5, 10% drop until RPE 9 achieved (5-1-x-1)

75x12 RPE 9

65x12 RPE 9

Preacher curl mechanical drop set of sorts

20xblah

Very happy with the session. Knees are a bit achey, though. The squats are filling my legs up with so much blood that they stay pumped for hours. My "friend" was making fun of the weight I was using and I told him to try it out with just the bar. I felt very very good after that.

My bench did start to show signs of dominance in one side while pushing so I'm gonna chill on that until the weak pec catches up and maintain bar balance.

23 minutes ago, mwarren said:

So 2 pints of chocolate organic whole milk is 1000kcal. Game changer?

How did you not already know this?

There's a reason why when someone is whining about "but I can't gain the weight" the answer is always "drink some god damn milk".

6 large eggs, 1/2 pint of heavy whipping cream,  2 pints of chocolate milk, 2 tbsp ruddy red cocoa power, blend.

I've been having an issue lately...I was feeling too racey all the time and I thought it was the caffeine. So I took that out other than what's in a pop once a day. I felt a lot better for a few days but I'm getting that racey feeling again. Like I'm on adderall. It fatigues me physically but I'm still hyper. Not sure if it's just a physiological response to quitting the caffeine or what.

I've been taking some glorious poops. It's like a reward for eating enough. I feel really good today. I'm in the phase where the increased volume makes you feel better before it makes you feel worse lol

1 hour ago, mwarren said:

I've been taking some glorious poops.

You really are leading my alternate life Blu....I too have been enjoying remarkably excellent poos recently....volumetrically and consistency, 10 out of 10

2 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

No, and my children assure me that it's so 2015, at this point.

It's all about Fortnite (Fartnight in my house). 

Speaking of poop...berberine has been doing some magic on my poops.

Turmeric makes golden poops. If you buy the good stuff.

Fortnite has been going strong for longer than most entertainment fads. Must be captivating. I wouldn't know because I'm an old, old traditionalist at heart.

Comp Squat 5reps RPE 7-8

360x5 RPE 8.2

RDL 8-12reps RPE 9.5 w/10% drop sets until RPE 9 (5-1-x-1)

250x9 RPE 9

225x9 RPE 9

135x30s stretch

Comp Bench 5reps RPE 7-8

250x5 RPE 8.5 

should have used 240 because of the pec soreness from the other day's DB benching but I don't think it affected my overhead work

Press 8-12reps RPE 9.5 w/10% drop until RPE 9 (5-1-x-1)

115x9

105x9

95x7+60s stretch

Pullup 8-12reps RPE 9.5 w/10% drop until RPE 9 (5-1-x-1)

BWx8

BWx4+no hang stretch. My hands are FUCKING KILLING ME. These 60 second sets are hard with a hook grip. I have tried not to cry about it and here I am. But I want these babies you be strong as steel.

WEEK 3 DAY 3- ACCUMULATION

Full Squat 8-12reps RPE 9.5 w/10% drop until RPE 9 w/5s pause at parallel

165x11 RPE 9

150x11 RPE 8

150x7 RPE 9

Comp Bench 8-12reps RPE 9.5 w/10% drop until RPE 9 w/5s pause 1" above chest

155x12 RPE 9

140x12 RPE 8

140x11 RPE 9

Pendlay Row 8-12reps RPE 9.5 w/10% drop until RPE 9 (5-1-x-1)

185x9 RPE 9

165x9 RPE 9

DL 5reps RPE 7-8

315x5 RPE 8

Face Pull

30x15

35x15

My goal is to get these to 50lbs for 20 reps. The pendlay rows will be the builder for the most part and these will add to the hypertrophy of my smaller external rotators but for the most part they are the tester/indicator. When I get to 50x20, my shoulders will be healthy.

Duckunder tricep extension

BWx20x2

Preacher supine to hammer curl (5-1-2-1)

20x15+10

I felt like shit all day but once I got training, I wanted to do more and more. Had to reel myself in so I don't mess up the program.

A guy I work with asked me to teach him the correct way to squat and deadlift because he didn't think the other guy that taught him looked anything like I do when I perform the lifts. What a fucking nice thing to say. He had no idea how good that made me feel hahaha. It's sad, but these days people want to pick apart everything you do. Like saying your knees travel too far or your triceps aren't tucked enough or your elbows need to point straight down or whatever. When in reality there are many reasons to do the lifts in different ways depending on goals and body structure. As far as I'm concerned, if I see a deadlift or squat being done, as long as I see a neutral lower back and knees/hips both hinging, it's probably fine. And as far as bench, as long as they aren't squirming around and bouncing, and they aren't internally rotating at the bottom, it's usually okay. I've had a lot of guys reading lifting shit online lately then trying to regurgitate to me like they know THE right way to do things. It's like "Kid, trust me I've gone through what you're going through years and years ago. You'll know better some day." This is all speaking in terms of whether you should get your panties up in a bunch about somebody else's form. 

As far as getting to where Sam is, things are obviously different but when somebody is climbing that ladder, they will seek out the advices they need at the time.

I realized today that the contents of my fridge are both boring and revealing. I have been thinking of food as some chore I need to squeeze in real quick here and there. I need to make time for preparing food and enjoy the process. I have my days scheduled out and food preparation isn't even on my schedule anywhere. So I've been eating sandwiches and pancakes and....shit that I don't have to spend any effort to make. I'm going to get some groceries, make this fridge look a little less basic, and put an hour of cooking in 3 times each week. Because this not gaining weight bullshit is clearly a behavioral issue.

I did manage to gain 2 more pounds but it's been a long while. So yea. I think this will help me. 

20190113_161551.jpg

12 hours ago, mwarren said:

I realized today that the contents of my fridge are both boring and revealing. I have been thinking of food as some chore I need to squeeze in real quick here and there. I need to make time for preparing food and enjoy the process. I have my days scheduled out and food preparation isn't even on my schedule anywhere. So I've been eating sandwiches and pancakes and....shit that I don't have to spend any effort to make. I'm going to get some groceries, make this fridge look a little less basic, and put an hour of cooking in 3 times each week. Because this not gaining weight bullshit is clearly a behavioral issue.

I did manage to gain 2 more pounds but it's been a long while. So yea. I think this will help me. 

20190113_161551.jpg

You definitely need to make time for it.  I always found it's easier when you keep it consistent.

When I have a job, I make it my Sunday and now that I'm unemployed, I generally do it on Mondays with upkeep during the middle/late part of the week (steaming more veggies and such).  Kroger is a dumpster fire here on weekends so I like to shop late morning/midday on Mondays.

I'm actually sitting down right now to make out a grocery list so I can head out to the store and spend my afternoon cooking.  I also find I buy a lot of trash if I go to the store without a list/plan.  I know I need it when I look at my fridge and there's jack shit in it right now. 

For comparison, this is my fridge.  If I didn't have a set day, I'd use my milk as a timer for when to go.  I buy 2 gallons a week and I almost always run out after a week.  The Rubbermaid has turkey burgers, steamed veggies and this week, breaded chicken.  Probably next week too actually.  That shit is good.

IMG_20190114_110127.jpg

IMG_20190114_110208.jpg

IMG_20190114_110231.jpg