Sign in to follow this  
Emperor G_D

So. Not. Powerlifting...

Haven't we had this single ply toilet paper conversation very recently?

Like a week ago?

This is gonna maybe sound like a dick comment but why not just take some of your own TP with you in your gym bag?  I used to never be able to rely on there being TP at my old sex crime scene/gym so I kept a roll or two in the internal zipper in my gym bag.  Didn't let anyone else know that because fuck them, that's why.

Single ply is a horrible investment in the first place. People end up using more than twice the amount than they would of double ply. Usually when I encounter singe ply, I get mad and yank an absurd amount off that motherfucker.

We actually discussed bringing some communal TP today. 

And yes, we discussed the TP situation last week, but I'm still flummoxed by it and it bit all of us on the ass today, so it was on my mind when I got home.

@mwarren EXACTLY. Instead of 4 fucking pieces of paper, I pull 20+ off the roll. 

4 hours ago, mwarren said:

Single ply is a horrible investment in the first place. People end up using more than twice the amount than they would of double ply. Usually when I encounter singe ply, I get mad and yank an absurd amount off that motherfucker.

I'll use half the roll of single ply as well.  Likely due to rage.  I wrap my hand in it like I'm getting ready for a prize fight then wrap it a few more times like I'm having my championship bout in Siberia.

Kinda like Rocky 4, but you know, about shitting.

I think we could make this 90% about Sam's pooping if we tried.

So Sam, when you poop, do you pull your underwear/pants all the way down to the floor or keep them around your knees like some kind of psychopath?

Also, someone tell me more about Kim's anal fisting with broken glass.

Does Sam have the ROM to pull down his pants at all? I just assumed he filled a diaper and then engaged in whatever weird mail exchange he and Kim have on the go. I mean, Kim literally just said he is sending shit to Mike tomorrow in another thread.

4 minutes ago, Emperor G_D said:

I have an enviable range of motion for a 340 pound man. I'll just leave that as is.

And to be fair, given the fact that I just admitted to nearly dislocating my shoulder taking my jacket off recently, maybe I should be the one under question here for wiping ROM.

1 hour ago, mwarren said:

Even I give up on wiping sometimes and I'm only 205ish.

Sam, what's your mobility routine before shitting?

I go in cold, son. I find that I break up adhesions better than any MWod routine ever did if I do it that way.

Apparently @Ras needs to warm up, first.

I have this method while wiping.  I put my left foot up on the water reservoir on the back of the toilet.  I find that has two effects.  I get a good hamstring stretch and it gives me real good access to wipe the ass.

If I'm feeling particularly limber I'll reach around my back and wipe like that.  If I'm feeling tight, I'll just reach up between my legs and wipe from back to front.

It's a life changer, I recommend it.

3 hours ago, Sanction said:

Yeah, but on Sept. 25 2014 you recommended someone punch a baby and upload a video of it, so...

And I tried. But every time I was done and tried to upload the video I'd discover that it didn't record anything. So I'd have to start over.

Went in and squatted today. Shit felt heavy until the final set.

Worked up to 445 on a wing and a prayer.

445x6x3S

My back has been sore since I walked into the joint, and it's certainly not better after this.

Deadlift

Worked up to 315.

315x6x1S because no.

Also, I can't pull heavy on the same day I squat heavy. I'll have to flip-flop those days, or work some heavy deads in on a different day.

Dead-stop leg press

10x3S

Those sucked, but mainly because Larry had the stops set all the way on my asshole, so I had to improvise a stop and basically do "spoto" leg presses. Larry's legs are tiny, which is the secret to his amazing deadlift ROM.

Palloff presses

3Sx10R

Can't do upper back flexion exercises anymore, so I will have to work on stabilization exercises instead. Palloffs, planks, ab rollers.

An update, since I haven't spoken or whined about it lately. My back. After about 2 weeks on muscle relaxers and tylenol, I came off both pretty much cold turkey (a mistake, I found, because I had headaches for the following 2 weeks). I haven't really experienced any pain of note since then. I mean, it never feels "good", per se, but I'm no longer incapacitated and in spasm 24x7. When I had escalating pain on the area, I was doing heavy cable crunches, and I think that is part of the trigger for the pain. So I'm no longer doing flexion exercises for my abs.

Since the pain still hasn't gone away, I will likely ask for some more imaging when I go in for my physical in March. 

Speaking of physicals, I'm on berberine, RYR, and I've been cooking with Olive oil in an attempt to sort of balance out my lipids and blood sugar. I'm also trying to get 20 minutes on a bike in the evenings. I guess we'll see how that goes.

11 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

Speaking of physicals, I'm on berberine, RYR, and I've been cooking with Olive oil in an attempt to sort of balance out my lipids and blood sugar. I'm also trying to get 20 minutes on a bike in the evenings. I guess we'll see how that goes.

Plans to get more bloodwork done?

TOday was Bench day #1

Worked up to 285

285x6x3S

BB Row

135x6

185x6

235x6x4S

Seated DB Press

50x10

60x10x3S

Lat Pulldowns