Sign in to follow this  
Mitosis

Off androgenz...how long to clean up lipids

6weeks?

I have been off all SARMs androgens for about two weeks.

My BP was 140/92

Now averagess 109/67 or so.

Eating low fat, lots of eggs whites and bananas. Some oats. Some poultry. Lots of nuts, especially almonds and pistachios.

Garlic, celery seed, tarts cherry C/E and ALCAR....not much of anything.

I have noticed YCL and caffeine don't really raise my BP or HR. Just the androgens.

Doing cardio. Eating in slight deficit.

Nine lbs gone since LGD was dropped.

My job requires I keep lipids low. Last one was 270 with an HDL of 24. Not horrid but the Army is retarded. 

How long would you wait? Any other tips? 

FWIW, you could also go with Red Yeast Rice which contains something called Moacolin-A which is basically naturally produced lovastatin (AKA Mevacor)....

The problem is that the FDA won't let companies standardize for Monacolin-A because that's an actual drug so the amount in different RYR products can vary quite a bit.

This specific product was tested by Consumerlabs and contains about 1mg of lovastain per 100mg of product....so two caps would give you roughly the typical "starting dose" of lovastatin.

As an actual statin, it will likely "fix" your lipids within a month or so but also has the potential to cause actual statin side effects like muscle pain and brain fog.

I'm never sure about that stuff...most of the studies showing it to work came from the same group in Cuba and then when others tried to reproduce the results, they couldn't...although there is some pretty good in vitro data showing that it does inhibit cholesterol synthesis....

That's not really a supportive analysis. 😉

"Because of the high heterogeneity, the better treatment effects observed in the Cuban studies and the inconsistent dose-response relationship, more clinical trials are needed to further confirm the efficacy of policosanol on dyslipidemia."

This is what you tend to see outside Cuba and this is the sort of results you see when policosanol is tested in Cuba. It's very odd.

Went with ...

RYR

Pantenine

Berberine 

If i have the cash I'll try the poli too.

Also since i have it I'll keep using the garlic and tarts cherry. Along with low fat diet, fruit and fiber.

Its going to be hilarious when my lipids go from 270 to like 75 with an HDL of 50 in minimum time.

One thing for sure i thought it was stinks rasing my BP. The androgens raised it 35 points on too and bottom.

I was holding 9 lbs of bloat.

That's over a gallon 😂

It will be interesting to see what happens to your HDL.

Androgens pull down your HDL because they cause an uptick in reverse cholesterol transport and hepatic triglyceride lipase and force your liver to burn fat and it preferentially consumes high density cholesterol....more information here.

There's not a whole lot you can do to elevate your HDL with any natural products....berberine, RYR and pantethine all lower LDL and TAG but, by themselves, probably won't increase HDL although it should go up on its own with fewer androgens on board.