Growth Factor

GF's "CS Goes Pubic" Log

21 minutes ago, Growth Factor said:

The thing is, it appears that while this may be only like 10% of my things (it was more than "4-5 boxes"), it's all the valuable or sentimental items. It's my rock and mineral collection, my fossils, my action figure collection, notebooks from college, my insects, some of my artwork, and even my piano! 

That's incredible. Still a terrible situation, but I didn't expect that plot twist at the end.

28 minutes ago, Sanction said:

So I see this scenario.

GF meets up with them, but Sam and JB are standing, arms crossed, behind GF, staring at the accomplice.

GF sits down and courteously says "Rocko, check the boxes". JB says "Sure boss." Sam keeps staring and says "Boss, you want for me to do what we done to the last guy?"

GF says "Ah, such unpleasantness. No. At least... not yet."

Sam looks unhappy, spits some chewing tobacco at the floor and continues staring.

"No, we're just going to have a nice little chat about recompense for any missing property, isn't that right Mr. __?"...

Yeah, that's how I imagined it too. Except for some reason GF was wearing mouse ears in my version.

Isn't this a straight up admission of culpability? Seems like an open and shut civil case if you wanted to pursue them for whatever is missing.

Score! So happy to hear it. 

57 minutes ago, Growth Factor said:

Sorry folks, but this news was all related to me 2nd hand by my mom. 

As it turns out, after receiving my 2nd registered letter about the situation the owner tried to retrieve my stuff from sellers. They were only able to get back my stuff from one person. 

The thing is, it appears that while this may be only like 10% of my things (it was more than "4-5 boxes"), it's all the valuable or sentimental items. It's my rock and mineral collection, my fossils, my action figure collection, notebooks from college, my insects, some of my artwork, and even my piano! 

19/10/05

DEADLIFT A2S C1W1 lol

DEADLIFT

185x5 (what was on)

225x5

315x4

405x2

455x1

485x3 <-- RPE 9

SSB PAUSE SQUAT

245x8,8,6 <-- RPE 9.5

PIN SSB GM

205x3x10

HANGING AB RIPPER

BWx3x10

Solid workout. I had* a mild pain affecting me around my SI. This is at least in part from the DB overhead pressing (but probably from driving, too). I tried to work it out as best as I could with a peanut, PVC pipe, and my stretches. It didn't fully resolve it, but the lifting either had no effect on it or may have helped it out a bit, because I feel no extra pain whatsoever. 

Anyways, the deads felt nice. The squats were good. The ssbs didn't hurt my hamstring. I think I am in a good place right now, but I'll try my best to not push too hard too soon. I almost did with the squats but shut it down after the first rounded back. 

4 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

In my current state, I never go heavy. I want to go heavy. Maybe near the end of year that will work out.

You have one in particular that you're itching to go heavy on? 

4 hours ago, Growth Factor said:

You have one in particular that you're itching to go heavy on? 

Squatting, and deadlifting, mostly. I don't have it in me to put in the 2xweekly work necessary for 400+ these days. 

19 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

Squatting, and deadlifting, mostly. I don't have it in me to put in the 2xweekly work necessary for 400+ these days. 

Ah yeah. Will be interesting to see what you think about your current style of lifting 6 mos to a year from now.

I'll probably eat my words later, but I feel like if I couldn't deadlift heavy, I'm not sure I would deadlift from the floor at all. Maybe I'd train it like Sam Byrd did (wow that's a name I haven't read or dropped in ages) because I could set it up such that I do sets of 4. I just know, after 9 years of training (or ~7 including a 1.5 year-straight and a 6 month-straight break) I never get anything from over 4 reps on the deadlift ... really strange. 

19/10/07

OHP A2S C1W2

OHP

140x10

130x10

120x13 <-- RPE 9

CGBP

135x10

185x8

225x9,8 <-- too heavy

205x10

SEATED NAUTILUS ROW

3P35PSx10,10,8

DB HAMMER CURLS superset SINGLE ARM ROPE EXTENSIONS

40x15,12,10

30x15,12,12

ROPE FACEPULLS

25x3x20

What a solid session. My pump was so strong I started wondering where else my blood could go (no penis jokes pls). I think I am adjusting well to the volume now. 

I also ate some truly outrageous, sinful shit last night and this morning. Last night I hit up Dominos and crushed a medium, custom extravaganza (basically a house pizza in the East Coast) and cookie dough brownie pizza; and today before lunch, I picked up 2 red velvet cupcakes, and 2 luscious chocolate chip cookies, sandwiched the two cupcakes with the tops against one another, removed most of the bottom/bread portion, and sandwiched the icing portion with some bread in between the two chocolate chip cookies.

Yeah.

This is how I used to be fat. 

So on the storage front, I am pretty happy with what I got back. I still dont have most of my stuff, and some of that stuff was pricey and sucks to not have, but the most important stuff I now have back in my possession. Over the next few days I will contemplate my next moves, but I am leaning towards dropping the situation. The lawyers I've spoken to aren't thrilled about picking up these types of cases as they get stuck in court with appeals, and the rewards tend to be low. While the situation is what it is, and while you guys pointed out they did something that looks like an admission, because of my current mental state this may just not be the right place or time for this. 

If you guys strongly feel I am wrong about this, I appreciate you letting me know. But for the time being, that's kind of my thought process. Not to mention, they could of course counter-sue me for the months I didn't pay, which would take away from any reward/settlement. We'll see. Maybe another letter could be in the works. 

1 hour ago, Growth Factor said:

Ah yeah. Will be interesting to see what you think about your current style of lifting 6 mos to a year from now.

I'll probably eat my words later, but I feel like if I couldn't deadlift heavy, I'm not sure I would deadlift from the floor at all. Maybe I'd train it like Sam Byrd did (wow that's a name I haven't read or dropped in ages) because I could set it up such that I do sets of 4. I just know, after 9 years of training (or ~7 including a 1.5 year-straight and a 6 month-straight break) I never get anything from over 4 reps on the deadlift ... really strange. 

Yeah, it will be interesting to see if this mode of training yields anything. I'm not trying to make it yield anything, I'm just trying to make sure I'm getting some level of physical exercise in. 

I do feel like the last few weeks of training are paying off physically, and that's probably why I'm feeling better in the gym. 

Byrd's training was a bit more insane than this...very time-challenge-based. I wish he was still training so that we could see the results of years of training like that...he's just a lawyer with kids, now.

14 hours ago, Growth Factor said:

So on the storage front, I am pretty happy with what I got back. I still dont have most of my stuff, and some of that stuff was pricey and sucks to not have, but the most important stuff I now have back in my possession. Over the next few days I will contemplate my next moves, but I am leaning towards dropping the situation. The lawyers I've spoken to aren't thrilled about picking up these types of cases as they get stuck in court with appeals, and the rewards tend to be low. While the situation is what it is, and while you guys pointed out they did something that looks like an admission, because of my current mental state this may just not be the right place or time for this. 

If you guys strongly feel I am wrong about this, I appreciate you letting me know. But for the time being, that's kind of my thought process. Not to mention, they could of course counter-sue me for the months I didn't pay, which would take away from any reward/settlement. We'll see. Maybe another letter could be in the works. 

I'm with Sam. Remember that your time and cognitive/emotional labour are valuable as well, so throw them in the equation. If you got back the pieces of highest emotional value, my recommendation would be to relax and let it go. There's no real vindication to be found here, and the risk is high.

Correct, Ras. Not just money, but anguish and emotion. You (Rolo), risk letting this sort of thing take you over and that's just a shame. For me, I'd have to drop without a clear-cut path to winning.

Before deciding I was inclined to pursue with the thought in mind that it would be a nice challenge to apply myself and get what's mine, so to speak, from the process, and perhaps use that energy and the sense of accomplishment to feed other areas. However, this is just simply the wrong exercise for this for where I am. Thanks for listening and for your support, gentlemen. 

Getting what's yours is laudable and fucking fair...it's just that what was yours is now gone. So fighting the man this time would only end in some asshole winning the case, or you winning the case but never being able to prove the value of your things, or prove what was in the unit or somehow ending with you being very disappointed.

You got the personal things back, that's what's important (to me). Most of us live with too much "stuff" as it is, and you didn't need this stuff for an extended period of time, so its value is diminished in my estimation.

Thrilled AF that you got your personal shit back, but I don't think you'd find any extra satisfaction from a suit.

I had some friends go through a similar debate about taking legal action for something similar. They started down the path but abandoned it halfway through. They said they didn't like how much the legal process was eroding their trust in others and making them bitter every single day, so they dropped it. I get it.

I sorted through my stuff last night and this morning. I actually only got about half of my rock and mineral collection back, and about half of my favorites (regardless of value) are missing. Bummer. 

Interestingly, I got the best sleep last night I've had in a while, maybe since mid/late-August. The whole of September has been rough. I would laugh if this was the case, but I know last night I didn't have my phone anywhere near me (other side of the room). I wonder if my phone was disturbing my sleep with the vibrations it makes. 

Workout:

19/10/08

SQUAT C1W2 A2S

TRANSFORMER BAR SQUAT

135x5

185x5

245x10

230x10

210x12

CAT DEADLIFTS

335x4x4 <-- real strong and explosive, but my butt drifted up every rep

GHR

BWx2,1,1,1,1 <-- many half reps. lmao I am so weak on this when using a real GHR. Embarrassing, but also glad to identify a movement I'm going to be hammering and murdering to reap some solid gains

PLANKS

was distracted;didn't track

I am very sore this morning. Nailed my squat goals. I think my setup kind of sucked because I would notice my foot would pivot a bit during squats. I was at a different gym today (also why the ssb squat weights look like normal barbell weights), and the rack I was using was weird, so the walkout may have not been on point wrt foot placement. Other than that, happy with what I achieved and the volume I hit. I will be adding more work/exercises over the coming weeks as I build up my lower body work capacity. 

If a lawsuit would actually restore the lost items, it might be worthwhile.

Otherwise, I’d treat this like a house fire and move on....speaking of which, do you have a renters policy that covers stored items against loss?

3 hours ago, STENDEC said:

If a lawsuit would actually restore the lost items, it might be worthwhile.

Otherwise, I’d treat this like a house fire and move on....speaking of which, do you have a renters policy that covers stored items against loss?

Yes. I haven't reached out to my insurance co., but I don't know if items being sold qualifies as a loss. Might be worth seeing what they say. 

Btw, I love that my meals are generally like this,  and that this is helping me burn off bodyfat.  Pictured is my bfast (the bread is banana bread), and my chicken salad that I started adding kimchee to. Btw, if you dont currently do this, do this.

20191010_065148.jpg

20191010_064853.jpg