GF's "CS Goes Pubic" Log

19/10/22

OHP A2S C1W4

OHP

95x10

115x8

140x10

130x10

120x15 <-- now we're talking, this is ordinarily a good benchmark for me having ~2 plate press

PAUSED CGBP (most reps legs in air)

135x10

220x10,10,8 <-- slow + right shoulder pain, so stopped at #8

SEATED NAUTILUS ROW

3P35PSx12,12,11 <-- progress stalled here, maybe switch it up?

DB HAMMER CURLS superset SINGLE ARM ROPE EXTENSIONS

40x14,12,10

30x15,15,12

ROPE FACEPULLS

30x3x15

I've fallen off the wagon in a big way wrt my diet. On days I lift I really nail it, but on off days I'm going through these ugly cycles of missing meals one day, followed by overeating total trash the next day to compensate, followed by a correction on the next day that stresses me out. Overall the main goal of recompositioning is still completely intact, and I'm still at 235 even after carbing up today and drinking lots of fluids and electrolytes. I'm making progress on my strength, and my legs, teres, and yoke are gaining size. But I am not really improving too well on my endurance, as I'm seeing tradeoffs between accessories and my main lifts. That's actually fine in many ways, and it is obviously a result of my diet not meeting the requirements to push all these metrics forward without sacrificing recomp effects. I am merely reporting what I am experiencing and documenting for my own records. 

19/10/29

BENCH A2S C1W5

PAUSE BENCH (legs planted on last set)

260x8 <-- RPE 10, was very slow today but form was fine

240x8

225x10 <-- leg drive here but all paused. RPE 9-9.5 good speed but no more

STANDING DB OHP

55x3x12 <-- RPE 

DIPS (BW@235)

35x10,10

45x10

EZ PREACHER CURLS superset EZ SKULLCRUSHERS

90x15,12,12

90x15,14,12

LAT PULLDOWNS

165x15,13,10+4 rest paused

Had a workout I'm very happy with, but it was a bit of a shitshow. I did some of my exercises out of order (arms before back), and I was running on fumes today for some reason. I ate really bad this weekend again, mostly Sunday, but it was fairly high protein (~230g). I have been fairly emo following a recent breakup so I need to get my shit together on that end. While I was hanging out with friends on Saturday, I wasted all of my Sunday, which I really can't afford to do since I'm trying to gear up for school and make the appropriate moves. At least shit at lab is going alright. 

I'm pretty strongly considering a cycle right now. I have the right pieces other than PCT. I also may need to get some more pins for it. It's been a while, but I am ready for it. If anybody comments on any rapid size changes I can easily attribute it to switching from cutting to bulking, or coming back from an injury or something. 

2 hours ago, Growth Factor said:

While I was hanging out with friends on Saturday, I wasted all of my Sunday, which I really can't afford to do since I'm trying to gear up for school and make the appropriate moves. At least shit at lab is going alright. 

Nothing wrong with a lazy day off every once in a while.

If someone comments on rapid size, you can easily remind them to mind their own fucking business, too. 

I do n't think anyone will comment-to you or anyone else-that you're on roids, unless you give them a reason to. Enjoy your cycle and stay healthy and don't worry about what others may say.

19/11/02

OHP A2S C1W5

OHP

95x8

115x6

135x4

150x8

140x8

130x11

CGBP

135x10

215x12,11,8

SEATED NAUTILUS ROW

3P35PSx10,10,10

DB HAMMER CURLS SS SINGLE ARM ROPE EXTENSIONS

45x12,12,8

30x15,15,15

ROPE FACEPULLS

30x15x3

This was done at a diff gym. I think this is in part why the CGBP sucked and my rows were dog. Everything else went well. 

19/11/07

BENCH A2S C1W6

PAUSE BENCH

275x8 <-- RPE 9.9

STANDING DB OHP

55x6,8,8 <-- RPE 6

DIPS

+45x3x10

LAT PULLDOWNS (@ Golds, only numbers, no weight)

10x10

13x13,10,9

I was really tired and I was late to the gym, so I skipped arms. I'll be sure to do them on Monday. This is also sort of a test week. I missed almost a week of the gym in part due to work, and in part due to DST affecting my energy and fatigue levels. Even today I was late due to finding out my membership at the ordinary gym I used expired, and the office was closed (7pm). I had to drive to my Gold's to get it in. 

My roommate received some excellent news. His thesis project worked beyond his wildest imagination, and he'll be able to set up probably three different companies around the various aspects of the technology he's developed. It's all energy related. We celebrated this night fairly well. Subsequently, I was able to really catch some hard Zs this night. 

In more personal news, I had a 1 on 1 meeting with the director of the graduate program of pharmacology. I was advised that I do not need a GRE to apply to the PhD program. GRE or MCAT scores can be submitted, but it is not mandatory and cannot hurt you. I was also advised I would be a strong candidate due to having a couple of first-author publications and many more co-authored papers. If I get a letter from my boss that states he'd take me into his lab, I have an in. So when I meet with him about a letter, I'll be sure to ask about that. 

I think I've also mentioned somewhere here something about having my interest piqued around physical therapy as a career. I asked and attended an informational session this Friday where they went over the program, the curriculum, the faculty, some other trivia regarding students and student life, and the application process. I was unable to ask my very personal questions, but it does seem that 1) I need a GRE, and 2) I pay out of pocket. So without confirmation on a couple of other questions, I must weight going into debt, studying and taking the GRE, and acquiring real world experience in the field and subsequently delaying my application process even further, against the pros of doing a PhD program in pharm/tox. I obviously really would love to work with patients and in the field of movement moreso than doing benchwork or even running a lab that does just basic or translational science, but I'm really tired of my financial situation and am hesitant to go into debt. At least it wouldn't be a metric-ton of debt like doctors get into, and I'd be making a decent salary right out of the gates, but I have to really think about this first. I also might not be able to get in! However, apparently the program does accept people from other disciplines and is even interested in these types of candidates, provided they have other strengths that would make them a good candidate PTist. Apparently my program is in the top 20, so it's quite competitive. 

EDIT: the solution might actually be more obvious, which is to start volunteering at a PT and see how I like it. 

19/11/09

DEADLIFT A2S C1W6

DEADLIFT

245x5

335x4

425x1

475x1

525x2 <-- RPE 9.0 but slow

SSB PAUSE SQUATS

245x3x10

SSB PIN GMs

225x3x8

HANGING AB RIPPER

BWx10,10,7

Pretty pumped that the workout went as planned. At this point I might go ahead and use a calculated 1RM of 545 to design the rest of my deadlift programming moving forward. I still have to get back on track with squats one of these days. 

19/11/11

OHP A2S C1W6

OHP

95x8

115x8

135x8

160x9 <-- RPE 9.5

CGBP

215x3x6 <-- RPE 7

SEATED NAUTILUS ROW

3P35PSx3x12

DB HAMMER CURLS superset SINGLE ARM ROPE EXTENSION

45x14,10,10

35x12,12,10

So I started my Cell-Tech. This was maybe not the best day to as work was frustrating, followed by the realization I didn't prepare well for this (need to order some things as they will run out half-way through my cycle), and had an even more frustrating time at the gym. Also, I might go ahead and make a rule for myself to not lift on Mondays anymore, esp if I need a rack. Anyways, aimed for 8 reps on OHP and got 9. I might have been able to get a 10th had I not done so many reps during my warmup and had I paced myself a little better, but I was still a little steamed over an interaction I had with someone earlier and just pushed through everything. 

Anyways, I have since taken care of some of those matters regarding my cycle. The things are on their way. Work is gonna be kind of a shitshow I feel like until Xmas due to various deadlines. I plan on grinding out what I need to do, telling people to fuck off who distract me, delegating small tasks, and then going full hands-off during my break and focusing on my next moves. I really can't wait. I'm a little bummed that some of my Thanksgiving plans have fallen through due to family suddenly deciding they want to see me over the holidays (and ditto my friends and their parents), but I am reserving some days for my own plans. 

Side note, I'm not sure whether it's a bad or a good time to start a cycle when I'm once again single and not really motivated to get out there again. But it may turn out to be useful, as it often makes me put my bullshit aside and go after girls anyways. Who knows what'll happen this time - or maybe a breakthrough on some other matter. 

19/11/14

BENCH A2S C2W1

PAUSE BENCH

worked up to

225x5

245x10

225x10

210x11 <-- too gassed again

STANDING DB OHP

65x3x8 <-- RPE 8.5

DIPS

+45x10,10,8

WG LAT PULLDOWNS

170x3x12 <-- ? I didn't write this down, so I'm guessing

I had unreal pumps by the end of this, and I started late, so I cut the workout short here and went home. Feeling pretty good overall, but I also had some low back issues throughout the workout. Actually, I've once again tweaked my low back during sex. Sorry if TMI but it's frustrating. I don't remember if I already shared this, but this is how I first injured my low back in April when I ended up going to the chiropractor before going to ortho/sports med. It's pretty frustrating that this is now a recurring topic in my life. I need to do a little bit of research on this. My D.O. told me the first time to just avoid this position, but this time it was a little different and still caused me pain. 

In other news, having some problems getting the attention of some physical therapists to ask for advice about my next moves. I might reach out to the other presenter at the informational session to see if he'd be willing to meet for coffee. He was definitely more approachable than the woman who is in charge of admissions and new students and generally the point person for applicants. I think I may have mentioned he even recognized me from a pain research conference we both attended.

19/11/19

OHP A2S C2W1

OHP

145x10

135x10

125x12 <-- RPE 9

CGBP (all paused, most reps with legs in air)

185x6

225x8

235x8,8

SEATED NAUTILUS ROW

4PPSx3x8

DB HAMMER CURLS superset UNI CABLE ROPE PULLDOWNS

40x15,12,10

35x3x12

REAR DELT FLY

105x12,12

Really huge pump everywhere this session. I'm starting to feel really good control and aggression from the cycle. From memory strength doesn't really pick up until around the 2nd week, but there are generally obvious effects elsewhere, like the fact that I look fucking huge overnight even though my scale doesn't indicate a weight change. That could very well be a change in self-perception, which is a known effect of aas. I reupped my syringe and needles and even got some 1" to hit my quads. Those 1.5" are just too scary to go into my quad. I always feel like I am about to scrape bone with those.

I'm not a huge fan of this batch of test because I think I must have added a pinch too much BA or BB, so I develop some PIP. I've read about a technique to dilute the gear with sterile USP oil. I'm thinking about giving it a shot if it's in the budget. For the time being, the left quad wasn't too bad and just caused me 24 hours of PIP (plus a little the day of). 

EDIT: forgot to mention I have been doing low back stretches and core activation work daily since the 17th, and as of today it's helped a lot. I will keep at it. 

19/11/21

SQUAT A2S C2W1

SQUAT

135x5

185x5

250x10 <-- RPE easy

235x10

215x13 <-- RPE 8.5

CAT DEADLIFT

335x4x4

Some explosiveness, but there was a bit of drag around the middle at times. Should have recorded this for analysis. I think it's a positional/form issue.

GHETTO BFR GOBLET SQUAT superset LEG EXTENSIONS

40x3x8

90x3x8

Supposed to use wrist wraps but forgot them. Used therabands but it felt a little too loose the way I put them on. 

GOBLET SQUAT

40x4x10 

AB WHEEL

KNEELINGx3x12

Surprisingly not a bad session at all. I wasn't a huge fan of my performance on the deadlifts for some reps, but there was speed. I think my low back may have been excessively tight on one side and caused me some issues during dls that weren't present during squats. The goblet circuit was not as bad as I thought it'd be, but it was not easy, either. I'm a fan of this workout, EXCEPT I did forget to do some GHR. 

I realize I fucked up today on my barbell squat and really should have pushed myself harder. Reason is my training max is obviously set too low since the RPE on my last set was low, and I went over prescribed reps. I do have the option to bump my weights up weekly based on my performance on the AMRAP, so next week I'll do better (if I even squat, which is not a habitual thing yet). I'll def go ahead and bump it 10lbs for next week and see how things go. 

19/11/23

BENCH A2S C2W2

PAUSE BENCH (all paused, all legs up)

135x5

185x5

225x5

265x8

245x8

225x12 <-- +2 reps above target

STANDING DB OHP

65x3x10 <-- RPE 9

DIPS

+55x3x8

WG LAT PULLDOWNS

170x15,15,13

EZ PREACHER CURLS superset EZ SKULLCRUSHERS

90x10,10

90x12,12

FACEPULLS

30x2x15

Ok I think things are starting to take off. I'm officially up 8lbs to 242 from 233/235lbs, and instead of merely hitting my target I hit well above. I could theoretically bump up my max but I'll wait until next week to see how things feel. I think the rule is if I go above 2 reps I bump (at 2 it's optional), so I might have to wait for that. 

19/11/26

OHP A2S C2W2

OHP

95x8

115x5

135x5

155x8 <-- RPE 8 at most

145x8

135x13 <-- RPE 9, +3 reps, bumping training max

CGBP (all paused reps)

235x10,9

225x9 or 10

SEATED NAUTILUS ROW

4PPSx3x10

DB HAMMER CURLS superset SINGLE ARM ROPE TRI EXT

45x12,12,8

35x12,12,12

Got some real nice lifts in today. I actually forgot to take my preworkout until after my first working set, so it's not impossible I could have hit more on my OHP. The tradeoff I guess was hitting good numbers on my CGBP and being able to do them all paused. I am very obviously feeling increased power from the A50 right now. I am a little shocked at how much I'm throwing around on the row, but I've learned since that the way the machine leverages the weight is not the same as a Nautilus. I call it the Nautilus because it looked exactly like the row I had back where I used to live, but a) it's a Hammer Strength, and b) it's notably lighter per weight loaded. Bodyweight is still at ~242 (technically 241.X but shh). I'm not sure how well I did my second set of hammer curls as I made sure to lock in my scapula during my first set and not heave the weight up, but I caught myself heaving a little during my third set, so it's possible my 2nd set had some body English. It kind of doesn't matter since it's an accessory, and well I'm on cycle, but I thought I'd note that anyways. 

Had a great Turkey day minus the fact I slept 2 hours. I feel like death. I just arrived home and will promptly hit the sack once my lunch is finished cooking. Here's a journal entry

19/11/28

DEADLIFT A2S C2W2

2"  BLOCK PULLS

475x3 <-- RPE 9.5

SSB PAUSE SQUATS (TRANSFORMER BAR, ASSUMED 45lbs)

275x4,4,5

SUSPENDED SSB GM

205x3x12

HANGING VUPS

BWx3x10

Felt good during the pulls. My hook grip was really on point today. One thing I did differently is make a conscious effort to try and run the length of my thumb along the long portion of the barbell and attempt to get as much coverage as possible. I dont know if this help or if a bar with more knurling helped, but it felt good. The GMs were easy, but my hamstrings were screaming by the end of the night, which is encouraging. 

So the lack of sleep took a very steep toll on my body. To add gas to the fire, it also made me slightly more emotional on top of my normal hormones already being out of wack. I was out of town Saturday, so I practically spent all of Sunday sleeping to catch up. So I'm a tad behind on my lifting, but I am picking up where I left off.

Sidebar, I had weakly written off even attempting to hook up or date somebody, but A50 made that impossible (I know, here I go blaming the supplements). I have now been seeing the same girl for a couple/few weeks. She is about my age, which is the first time I've seen someone around my age in about 3-4 years, very tall (nearly my height), a swimmer's background, with a wonderful, sociable personality. To be frank ... I think I've had a type that is unhealthy for me, and I've never really been with a girl with a personality like this before that also wasn't a bit annoying. In her case, I think it's that she's not encumbered by life's woes as many of the other girls I've been with have been. For the first time in a while, this is a person that really puts me at ease to be around. It's a nice change of pace. I hope this develops further. 

So on the lifting front:

19/12/02

BENCH A2S C2W3

PAUSE BENCH

135x5

185x5

225x5 <-- flying, I could feel some strength in the cards today

280x6 <-- RPE 8.0 or 8.5

265x5

245x11 <-- RPE 9.0-9.5, increasing training max

STANDING DB OHP

60x12,12,12

DIPS (BW@248-250)

+55x9,9,8

WG LAT PULLDOWNS

180x10,10,10

Great workout. I was thrilled I hit the numbers I did, with the nice pauses every rep, after running behind in my gym schedule by a couple of days and even missing a few meals. The missed meals didn't amount to much this time around as my bodyweight looks to have increased by about 5lbs over the 4 day weekend, so that's progress. Like I mentioned above, I will definitely adjust my training max as I was able to easily lift 280, hit an extra rep by mistake, AND exceed my max AMRAP by 3 reps. 

I would say, date someone who is not easy for you. Someone who challenges you.  We tend to undermine, we make excuses to date our equals. But in the end we want people who are smart enough to chose us, but partners who we can tell what to do for their best lives.

I say, pick the person who challenges you to a maddening stance. Even of that person is an antivaxxer. Leave your comfort zone, work for your opinion.