Growth Factor

GF's "CS Goes Pubic" Log

Bro, eye infections are the worst. I remember once when I insisted on lifting with an awful stye/infection. It wasn't worth it at the end of the day, and I laid off for a week while it all healed.

Get better, homey.

10 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

Bro, eye infections are the worst. I remember once when I insisted on lifting with an awful stye/infection. It wasn't worth it at the end of the day, and I laid off for a week while it all healed.

Get better, homey.

Thanks, man. It's actually getting worse now, although my eye doesn't feel irritated like it used to. At this point both of my eyelids are just very swollen, I'm tearing up a lot, and can hardly see out of the eye from the tears. Gonna be patient with this abx/cortisone drops. I havent been on top of my hot compress usage, so now that I'm on it hopefully that'll help. 

It sucks because right now I'm trying to think about my next workout, but it'd be deads or squats. That could be weird in my condition. I might end up doing one of those lame workouts of hip thursts, GHRs, leg extensions, and inverted rows just to work the muscles without tremendously loading my spine and needing to generate so much IAP. 

16 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

Damn. Might just be time to take some work and gym time off and recuperate.

The hand has been forced. Now that it's impacting my other eye (I didn't mean my other eye when I said my other eyelid above; I meant the upper half vs lower half) I have no choice but to take some time off. 

So, this all has been a complete disaster. I ended up getting a cold. This triggered an outbreak of a different pre-existing condition. I was fighting three different infections last week. Oh by the way, I did have pinkeye, of the viral variety. 

I kicked the cold, and while my pinkeye in the left eye is nearly resolved, my right eye is still almost entirely red, swollen, and hurts to move, and my other thing is still going on, though it's less painful now. I asked my coworkers and cleared it with my boss to return to work last Friday even though I was probably not ready that particular day. I was still very productive and got some things done, and I was happy I came, although I wonder if it prolonged my recovery at all. 

Anyways, today was the very first day I could even pretend to consider going back to the gym. I actually did, and I got a workout in. My strength is in the toilet but a workout was had.

20/01/28

OHP A2S C4W1

OHP

190x3 <-- missed 2 reps, and RPE 10

175x5 <-- RPE 9+, ugh

165x8 <-- hit target, even though I wanted more and one less rep than earlier

CGBP

275x4,4,3 <-- wanted 6, could only go for 4, RPE 9

chest really hurt after second set, around subscap. I do have a pimple going on there so could have been that. Took it "easy" on the third set and didn't grind hard

SEATED NAUTILUS ROW

3P35PSx12,12,10,6

Will come back tomorrow for some more back and arms or something. 

12 hours ago, Construct said:

Wow, that's rough. Hopefully the rest of 2020 treats you better.

Always feels good to get back to the daily routine after being sick. 

Thanks man. I hope so, too. From the drug addict girl to getting this sick right as I transitioned into PCT, I did not have a hot start to the year. 

12 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

Sometimes shit has to happen for us to slow down and recuperate.

Man, fuck pink eye. 

18 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

Wait, drug addict girl?

I'm not sure if it's even worth getting into. This is in regards to that person I was seeing since Nov who I felt started avoiding me. Turns out she's a drug addict.

3 hours ago, Growth Factor said:

I'm not sure if it's even worth getting into. This is in regards to that person I was seeing since Nov who I felt started avoiding me. Turns out she's a drug addict.

Ugh, that's rough. Wishing her the best in her recovery, of course, but I will say it's probably better that you got out early. Drug addiction can really do a number on a person and everyone in their orbit.

Maybe you can take a mulligan and restart your 2020 in February.

23 hours ago, Construct said:

Maybe you can take a mulligan and restart your 2020 in February.

That's an option? Sounds like a plan! lol

BTW, eyes are pretty much totally white, and the blurriness in my right eye has disappeared. Fucking finally made it to the other side!

Woo. Damn. Happy to hear you've recovered. Now back on track for 2020...

Though watch all those Chinese students around you. They might have the Sol virus,  Modelo virus or the Heineken virus, or whatever.

4 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

Woo. Damn. Happy to hear you've recovered. Now back on track for 2020...

Though watch all those Chinese students around you. They might have the Sol virus,  Modelo virus or the Heineken virus, or whatever.

Mas fina.

Feels like my body is fucked. I tried benching on Saturday and it felt like my pec was about to tear in the middle of my attempt. I only managed to do my first of three sets before I had to shut it down due to pronounced pain (7/10) in my pec, where 10 is black-out bad. I hate my Richmond chiro so I scheduled with my ortho to maybe get referred out to somebody with a better sports medicine background.

20/02/01

BENCH A2S C4W1

PAUSE BENCH

135x5

185x5

225x5

275x3

310x3

too much pain

DIPS superset GRENADE PULLUPS

BWx10; +60x10,10,10

BWx6,6,6,6

On 2/3/2020 at 8:24 PM, Emperor G_D said:

Poor bebe. Take it easy.

Thanks man.

There may be a good sign that this is a chiropractic issue. I obviously haven't done any lower body lifting in a while. For a bit I was keeping up with my lower back stretches, but at some point between my 3 infections it got to be overwhelming and I just sat for at least 12 hours a day for 4 days straight. 

I got into the gym tonight and started doing hip mobility and low back stretching/core activation, and wow, I was an absolute disaster. Hip, sacral, and lumbar popping everywhere. I then started to experience popping around my thoracic, and I felt my shoulders move well and my traps relax. I'm definitely keeping my appointment with my ortho, who I love, but I'm hopeful this wasn't a strain of any sort or even a spasm, but just an overused/overloaded muscle from my bad upper back. 

EDIT: I have a random, large, deep bruise on my left bicep. My pec pain, however, was on my right. I have no idea how I got the bruise on my left bicep. It doesn't even hurt. 

20/02/04

DEADLIFT C1W4

2" BLOCK PULLS

505x3

CAT DEADLIFT

355x4x4 <-- extremely fast

PAUSE SQUATS (3 count)

225x5

275x3,3,4

no belt, super hard, yikes

PIN GOODMORNINGS

255x3x6 <-- way too much weight, but good form, and RPE 10

Went lifting with a friend from work. Showed her the powerlifts and got in a really good workout. I'm a little at a loss on some form issues my friend had at the gym, so I am thinking if we do this again I will a) have them do restricted range of motion deadlifts to work on form and positioning (i.e. rack pulls), and b) have them use a band around their knees for squats, as I've found this helps people engage their glutes and hamstrings way better. I even need it. But otherwise, she did well. I felt fucking great right up until squats and goodmornings. I ate shit on goodmornings, and my hamstrings are screaming. Just glad I finally got it in after so long, and I'm glad it went so well (so far).