OHP

200x1 <-- RPE 10 "aimed" for 3

190x2 <-- RPE 10 "aimed" for 4

175x6 <-- RPE 9

DIPS (BW@232)

BWx10

+60x10,10,9

no issues

CHINUPS (full extension to bar-to-chest)

BWx10,9,8,7

Surprisingly decent workout. My chest was fine today and wasn't bothered by the OHP or dips. I guess when I tried to do it last week it was too soon after that benching incident that it lit up my shoulder. The fact I also did straight bar squatting may have also contributed to the issues since that can aggravate my shoulder complex a bit, including my pec/bicep. So I am pleased, in spite of serious top-end strength loss and size. I was able to perform at 75% as expected (didn't exceed expectations, but got my reps). 

20/02/13

DEADLIFT C1W2

DOUBLE PAUSE DEADLIFT (low shin, right above knee)

245x5

335x3

425x3

475x3 <-- RPE 9.5

CAT DEADLIFT

385x4x4

got faster with hook grip

SSB PAUSE SQUATS (3 count)

275x4,6,6

SSB GM

255x6,6 <-- totally gassed, hamstrings really pumping hard, stopped

HANGING AB RIPPER

BWx7,6,4

core strength in the toilet lol

What an awesome workout, in spite of cutting it short a bit. I tried double pause deadlifts for the first time and they thoroughly kicked my ass. By the time I had either finished my 2nd or 3rd set of CAT deadlifts, I almost considered leaving due to how exhausted my hamstrings felt.

The squats looked absolutely perfect.

The goodmornings were rather sloppy, and the pin was either too high or too low - I chose too low, which ended up being a little much and at the expense of a proper hinge. So next time, I will go too high if stuck between those choices. But anyways, good lift.

On 2/15/2020 at 3:44 PM, Emperor G_D said:

I used to love pause DLs. Maybe one day I'll be in good enough shape to do them again.

I hope you do give them another go. They're fantastic, and I can't believe this is the first time I've done them seriously - as opposed to testing the waters. I will not miss deficit deadlifts, that's for sure. 

20/02/16

BENCH REHAB 1

BRO BENCH

95x10

135x20

165x20,17

high rep sets to get the body moving and make sure my injured side doesn't get all bound up with scar tissue. Felt absolutely great, and pumped, and weak lol

SMITH MACHINE JM PRESS (angled, weight listed is weight on bar)

90x10,10

120x10,9

holy fuck this was hard. hardest tricep exercise in the past 3 years imo

SEATED NAUTILUS ROW

3P35PSx10,10,10,8

DB HAMMER CURLS superset SINGLE ARM TRI ROPE EXTENSIONS

35x13,10

35x15,15

Pretty happy with the workout. No pain, and I walked out with a massive pump. 

I have my PT appointment this week on Wednesday. Looking forward to meeting my therapist. I've heard great things from my DO about him. I hope he can take care of me. 

Unless I've goofed, this upcoming week is my last week of PCT (assuming the week that just went by wasn't my last). I suspect I'm already fully recovered. I feel like the SERM I'm taking (currently at 20mg/week) is basically taking me over my natty limit at this point, but I will continue with it for good measure. I think I'd rather hurt myself with excess low dose SERM than cut the SERM out too early, given those choices. If any one of the four other people still logging onto the forum has any contradictory input about this I'd like to hear. 

22 hours ago, Growth Factor said:

I hope you do give them another go. They're fantastic, and I can't believe this is the first time I've done them seriously - as opposed to testing the waters. I will not miss deficit deadlifts, that's for sure. 

It's been since 2018 probably since I trained deadlifts with any amount of seriousness. So sad.

2 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

It's been since 2018 probably since I trained deadlifts with any amount of seriousness. So sad.

I feel you. It's great you're still hitting it, though. Got any updates to post? 

20/02/17

SQUAT C1W1

SQUAT

135x5

225x5

245x5

265x5

285x5

305x5

V SQUAT

90x8

180x8

225x8

GHR

BWx4,3

hamstrings cramping and feeling off too much, stopped to avoid injury

AB WHEEL

Kneelingx3x12

Did these by straightening spine, and then further engaging glutes and sort of holding a stomach vacuum. Tough

Another solid session. I'm pleased I pushed myself to do another squatty type exercise. I'll try harder next time, but I was still a little sore from my deadlift workout. Even my hamstrings were taxed enough that by the time I got to doing GHRs they were too trashed to push beyond 4 reps (and those 4 felt easy). But like I said above, I didn't want to push it and then injure my hamstrings while my pec is not in a good place yet. 

18 minutes ago, Growth Factor said:

I feel you. It's great you're still hitting it, though. Got any updates to post? 

No, I've been convalescing since the pneumonia. Kids are off school this week, so I'm taking it easy. Lungs are still emptying their contents out. Lol. 

Next week I'll go in for some work and start all over again. 

While I was conducting a hands-free conversation driving home from the gym on a snowy night, I inadvertently blew through a red light and got T-boned, and my car is totaled. I've no traffic tickets, ever, and the only red light or stop sign I've legitimately blown was when I had my driving narcolepsy (and no incident occurred, thankfully).  

I was 2 payments away from paying it off.

I cannot make this shit up.

I want a do-over on my whole fucking life. I want a refund on this shit. 

BTW, Trump is getting re-elected this election. This is the most obvious end-point of this year of my life. 

20/02/20

OHP

OHP

210xfail

200xfail

190xfail

185x2

175x5,5 

strength in the toilet today, plus shoulder felt kind of bad. I pushed through because I just needed something to do and pass the time, and I was too stubborn to do something safer (but also, seated db press hurts my low back, so I cant do that). Got some reps in at least

DIPS (BW@233? I ate a 2k cal bfast, a whole large, double cheese, pan pizza the day before, so how?)

BWx10

+70x8,7,8

CHINUPS

BWX10,10,7,8

Shoulder felt much better after my workout, and even better than after my stretches and before lifting. One of the PT exercises I'm doing makes my shoulder not feel good. But I will continue with it, because while I dont like the pain and know that's a bad sign, at the same time it makes me wonder whether I developed this rib dysfunction, including a weak diaphgram, a chronically elevated scapula, and a loose humeral joint, as a guarding mechanism against the pain. Hard to say right now. I'll continue it through to my next appt

2 hours ago, Growth Factor said:

While I was conducting a hands-free conversation driving home from the gym on a snowy night, I inadvertently blew through a red light and got T-boned, and my car is totaled. I've no traffic tickets, ever, and the only red light or stop sign I've legitimately blown was when I had my driving narcolepsy (and no incident occurred, thankfully).  

I was 2 payments away from paying it off.

I cannot make this shit up.

I want a do-over on my whole fucking life. I want a refund on this shit. 

BTW, Trump is getting re-elected this election. This is the most obvious end-point of this year of my life. 

Surely your bad luck has now peaked. Right?

Sorry to hear about the car issues. Hopefully your car insurance takes care of you. My wife totalled an old car when we were first dating. To my surprise, insurance paid out more than we realistically could have sold the car for at the time.

Any injuries from the accident?

12 hours ago, Construct said:

Any injuries from the accident?

None afaik. 

The driver looked FOB Chinese or East Asian, and he did opt to ride an ambulance, but he was able to walk out of his car unassisted. I hope he's ok. 

19 hours ago, Growth Factor said:

That must be quite a shock on many levels. So sorry to hear about all this.

20/02/21

DEADLIFT C1W3

DEADLIFT

405x2

475x1

535x2F <-- back came totally loose on last set so I bailed

hook grip was good though!

PAUSE SQUATS (3 count)

275x4

295x2,3,4

PIN GM

265x5,5,5

HANGING AB RIPPER

BWx3x7

Had some medical issues going on that may have interfered with today's workout, but I gave it a go at the gym today and tried. I wish I could have hit that triple on the deadlift like you don't know, but I am hoping I can write it off as an off day. We'll see... I might have to adjust my expectations. Also, I think it might be time to reintroduce some bent over rows. 

Oh bebe. ILU. Go rest.

Have a beer and a nice meal. Chill with some friends or family. Try to get going forward and make things work for you.

Fuck you for your trump comment, btw. I know it's true, but still. You can't say that shit out loud. It makes it even more awful to confront it.

6 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

Oh bebe. ILU. Go rest.

Have a beer and a nice meal. Chill with some friends or family. Try to get going forward and make things work for you.

Fuck you for your trump comment, btw. I know it's true, but still. You can't say that shit out loud. It makes it even more awful to confront it.

Thanks bud. All these crises actually came at a "good" time, coinciding with a change of perspective on my behalf, so I'm doing well all things considered. I haven't even shared half of what I'm going through because the other half, there's no point, really. But I've got a lot going on right now which is keeping me busy and distracted from intrusive thoughts on the matter, so 👍

Lifted with someone diff from lab today. We had gone to the gym before but never actually did the same exercises. I am hoping he got something out of the session, not knowing he planned to follow me around, because I was very limited in what I could do by my pec strain. 

20/02/23

BENCH REHAB 2

BRO BENCH

45x10

95x10

135x12

165x20,18

SMITH JM PRESS

90x10

120x3x10

triceps fried

SEATED CABLE ROWS

140x12

180x12,12,10,10

DB HAMMER CURLS superset SINGLE ARM ROPE PULLDOWNS

35x15,12,10

35x15,14,12

Again, had a pain in my shoulder that bothers me on a mental level. One of the last prehab/warmup exercises I do are weighted arm circles. Ever since I first adapted these into my routine, my shoulders have been substantially healthier. But right now I'm having a problem where just doing the lat raise to get into the start position, as well as doing small forward arm circles, is causing me pain in my right shoulder that feels like nerve or injury pain. Thankfully, the pain goes after I'm done with the wide arm circles, but my arm and front delt remains sensitive to lateral raises. 

I had my 2nd appointment today with PT, and I was switched to a different therapist who was strong enough to access the areas that need pressure or sheer forces applied to them. I felt much better about this therapist and his approach with me. 

He identified one of the rehab exercises as being the culprit to my shoulder pain via causing impingement due to a loose humeral joint. Instead, he gave me a substitute exercise where I train pure external rotation (without scapular retraction) and scapular depression to help repattern the muscles that should keep my shoulder joint stabilized (it's currently unstable). 

Sidebar, it'd be kind of hilarious is my shoulder pain disappeared because I simply destabilized my shoulder joint via doing weighted dips (a common side effect of dips, as it turns out). 

My car is considered totaled, and the most they'll pay me for it is a flat 9000. 

I dont know, maybe now is the time for me to join the military or just leave this country since I dont have that responsibility anymore and I feel like I hate it here. 

6 minutes ago, Growth Factor said:

My car is considered totaled, and the most they'll pay me for it is a flat 9000. 

I dont know, maybe now is the time for me to join the military or just leave this country since I dont have that responsibility anymore and I feel like I hate it here. 

I'm too old to join the military but I've considered the second one.

If it wasn't for Adrienne and the dogs, I would have probably already tried.  I know it can be hard to get into some other countries, though unless you have specific skills.  I always assumed a science guy could make it happen so maybe you could.

I'd just like to move to Ireland and become a peasant barley farmer and die without interacting with many people again.