Growth Factor

GF's "CS Goes Pubic" Log

20/03/18

OHP

OHP superset CHINUPS

145x8,8,7,7

BWx10,10,10 (skipped 4th set)

DIPS SUPERSET BO BB ROWS

BWx12,10,10 <-- shoulder was a little bit off, and the dip stand was strange, so limited these for now and emphasized tricep usage)

225x12,12,12 <-- properly situated shoulders for these, really felt them all over my back

Well there was my first COVID workout. Took about 40 minutes more or less, which was all I have due to the new protocols in place in my state. 10 people in a gym max, including employees, so they're letting 7 people work out for about 30 mins a piece. Pretty happy with what I got done and appreciate that they're open at all. 

I think those of us who are active should start brainstorming ways to remain active and keep up resistance training at home as things begin shutting down. I'm already set with pressing as I have a dip stand, and I'm looking to order a chinup bar that can double as something to do L sits, pushups, and maybe some other core work. 

HTH some folks have gym access.

I haven't been able to get motivated to figure out a workout at home as of yet. I have (very light) dumbbells, bands a slamball, and that's about it. Very different implements than I'm used to.

I have an old CST book that I might have to dig into to get some ideas.

On 3/19/2020 at 9:55 AM, Emperor G_D said:

HTH some folks have gym access.

I haven't been able to get motivated to figure out a workout at home as of yet. I have (very light) dumbbells, bands a slamball, and that's about it. Very different implements than I'm used to.

I have an old CST book that I might have to dig into to get some ideas.

Sorry, missed your reply due to the active Coronavirus thread. 

I think right now I'm set if shit hits the fan. My roommate actually had a pullup  bar already, so I've got a pressing and pulling exercise. I could probably even rig the dip stand with some chairs to do inverted rows if I wanted to. I've got bands for shoulder health stuff, and for legs I'd probably do walking lunges for distance, or jumping lunges, or even jumping squats. I dont have any coordination or strength to do pistol squats I bet. 

I guess for you, you'd have some pushup variations you could work with, especially given the slamball and dumbbells for grip variations. Remember, too, you can do those shoulder pushups to hit the shoulders 

But for the time being, the few Golds in my area are also allowing us to requeue if the line is not full, so I was able to get a deadlift workout in yesterday, for instance. 

20/03/21

DEADLIFT C2W2

DOUBLE PAUSE DEADLIFT

225x4

315x3

405x3

500x2 <-- RPE 10, some ugliness, but good speed. Should have used lower weight (495?)

CAT DEADLIFT

390x4x4

First set was bad, last three sets were very explosive

SSB PIN GM

225?x8,8,8 (unsure if bar is 45lbs or heavier; rogue ssb with plastic handles)

Forgot to do abs today thinking I was going to be doing something not conducive to protecting myself against coronavirus. 

As a sidebar, I did actually set up 2 dating apps on my phone, finally, after all this time. Of course this is a terrible time to do it if for no other reason than outside places are not open (in addition to the higher risk of contracting AND spreading disease). I'm running a bit of an experiment as well by setting up my bumble to be oriented for more substantive relationship-seeking people, while my tinder looks like it's more about hookups, including not just a different profile but different sets of pictures. To nobody's surprise, the amount of matches I get on tinder (10 in under 12 hours) are orders of magnitude larger than what I've gotten on bumble (3 in about 10 days). I wonder what are good ways to do dating during such times. bumble recommends something called virtual dating, and I've seen a friend hold a virtual happy hour with her coworkers, so maybe that is the way to go. 

20/03/23 

CORONAVIRUS UPPER 1

DIPS superset PULLUPS (BW unknown)

BWx10,10,10,10,10

BWx10,10,10,6,6

CG PUSHUPS superset BANDED PULLAPARTS

BWx20,20,20

redx20,20,20

Gyms are closed, boys. Gotta get it in at home until a month from now.