Mr.Kite

Mr.Kite is doing 5/3/1

DTaP is relatively safe and well tolerated (today). DPT of yesteryear was not, and that was the vaccination that caused my encephalopathy.

I think most kids experience the most *pain* from MMR. My kids said it was the worst vaccination for that reason. 

Flu shots can be shitty for me, but the folks in my family are fine with them-and this year I was OK.

We are doing every possible vaccine and doing them on time. The immune reaction to the vaccine pales in comparison to getting sick.

The gym was closed Monday and Wednesday for basketball games and i teach all day on Friday, so no gym for me this week.

Things have been all over the place recently. Hard to be consistent with a small baby. And I forgot to log a couple gym sessions, but I'm gonna do better. I went yesterday.

5/3/1 Krypteia - Monday

Squats: 45x5 / 55x5 / 65x5 // 77.5x5 / 87.5x5 / 100x5

FSL: 5x5 @ 77.5

BB OHP: 5x10 @ 30

BB Row: 5x10 @ 35

Pullups: 5x2
Situps: 5x10

5/3/1 Krypteia - Wednesday

Bench: 35x5 / 45x5 / 50x5 // 57.5x5 / 67.5x5 / 75x5

FSL: 5x5 @ 57.5

KB Goblet Squat: 5x10 @ 24

BB SLDL: 5x10 @ 25

Skullcrushers: 3x10 @ 22

Pretty sore today, but its nice to actually make it to the gym on schedule.

5/3/1 Krypteia - Friday

Deadlifts: 45x5 / 55x5 / 65x5 // 77.5x5 / 87.5x5 / 100x5

FSL: 5x5 @ 77.5

BB OHP: 5x10 @ 35

BB Row: 5x10 @ 40
Situps: 3x10

Crazy pump in my forearms. First time doing deadlifts in a year, though, so that makes sense.

I don't really have time after the gym to post in the log anymore (because I have to rush home to help with the baby and cook dinner) so I usually forget to post. Here is what I did this week.

5/3/1 Krypteia - Monday

Squats: 45x5 / 55x5 / 65x5 // 80x3 / 90x3 / 102.5x14

FSL: 5x5 @ 80

BB OHP: 5x10 @ 40

BB Row: 5x10 @ 50

5/3/1 Krypteia - Tuesday

Bench: 35x5 / 45x5 / 50x5 // 60x3 / 70x3 / 80x8

FSL: 5x5 @ 60

KB Goblet Squat: 5x10 @ 24

BB SLDL: 5x10 @ 40

5/3/1 Krypteia - Thursday

Deadlifts: 45x5 / 55x5 / 65x5 // 80x3 / 90x3 / 102.5x15

FSL: 5x5 @ 80

BB OHP: 5x10 @ 40

BB Row: 5x10 @ 50

This week was my first AMRAP since I got back in the gym. Everything felt really good and I'm definitely back to a base level of fitness. I'll probably restart this training cycle next week with more reasonable maxes. I had originally set them very very low to account for the year off. I've been doing pretty well timewise too. I'm able to finish the leg day work outs in 40-45 mins and the bench day work out in 30-35 mins. Makes it a bit more like circuit training (which is good since I'm overweight atm) and gets me home quicker.

A couple notes. First, I didn't have a spotter for the bench press so I couldn't safely go to failure. I definitely had another rep in me, maybe two, but I wasn't going to risk it. Second, for deadlift, that was unstrapped. I haven't dug out my straps yet. I probably had 3+ more left in my posterior chain, but my hands felt like the skin was tearing off of them, so I gave up at 15.

8 hours ago, Mr.Kite said:

I don't really have time after the gym to post in the log anymore (because I have to rush home to help with the baby and cook dinner) so I usually forget to post. Here is what I did this week.

Ja, willkommen in der Elternschaft!

Went running today on my "off" day from the kettlebell swings. My third 5k since starting to exercise again and got myself down to 26 mins from 35 mins the first time out. My 12kg kettlebell arrived today, so I'll finish out this week with my 5kg dumbbell, with 400 reps tomorrow and 500 on Friday. Next week I'll reset back to 100 for the first day with my new heavier kettlebell and see how it goes. I was definitely pretty sore today after doing 300 with 5kg, so I'm dreading using the 12kg bell a little (but just a little).

Absolutely no movement on weight yet, but I think that's pretty normal. I'd love to get back into the 180s asap though as it will make my runs so much easier.

Yeah, we are still in Germany through next February at a minimum. That's when my current contract ends. But we'll find out in July if our proposal gets funded, in which case we'll be here three more years.

Got my 400 reps in this morning with the 5kg. This is so many reps. It's like doing HIIT.

For now, I've curtailed the increasing volume and I'm sticking with 200. I felt pretty crappy after I hit 240, and took yesterday off. 

So for the time being, I'm going to shoot for 200 reps, and then dumbbell work after. I got today's KB work done in roughly 20 minutes. As that number decreases-if I find I can keep decreasing my rest periods-I'll either add a few reps to each set, or I'll add more sets.

10Sx20R in 20:20. Avg HR 123, high 153.

Felt better than the 170+ HR from Tuesday. 

30 minutes of dumbbell work afterwards. shoulders, tris, bis, laterals, and shrugs. 

Tomorrow I'll have to figure out some sort of lower body work...goblet squats, good mornings/deadlifts, maybe rear laterals and rows.