Sign in to follow this  
D-termine

Clomid Hotflashes?

On 01/04/2018 at 8:59 AM, D-termine said:

Aside from the pricetag, Enclomiphene sounds very interesting..

Is there any reason to believe it would be superior to racemic/regular clomid? 

Haven't seen any studies I just had assumed it was a ploy to be able to re-release it as a brand name drug to make that $$.

On 1/6/2018 at 1:03 PM, ((Vibe)) said:

Just curious, how were you smoking that DMT?

I've been smoking it so many different ways, ecig last night was perhaps my favorite. First time we ghetto rigged a tiny weed pipe. Next I made a light bulb shit pipe, as I had planned to use one of my roommates dabbing rigs but he came home and veto'd that like a true weed snob would. The lightbulb actually worked pretty damn well when I hit it with a torch, but that means a lot of moving parts. I think the ecig attachment that you would normally use to smoke hash/wax out of might be my favorite delivery method. Still have yet to break through, due in no small part to the ghetto rigging pipes. Thinking a glass bowl piece on a dabbing rig may be the best way to take one enormous hit, tbd..

As for how many rips to take, how long to hold each one, I'm a bit unsure on that. You have a small window to get your dose in, and I'm curious when you hit the point of diminishing returns holding in a hit, vs taking a fresh rip. Heard that holding in weed past 3 seconds doesn't do much extra, but that's broscience weedlore so :/

But let me say this, I haven't found a bad way to consume DMT yet. Even at lower levels I find the open eye visuals immensely enjoyable. Looking forward to meeting these beings my friends all seem to make contact with. Being a tank apparently applies to all drugs these days, but there's worse problems to have.

On 1/6/2018 at 1:00 PM, ((Vibe)) said:

Is there any reason to believe it would be superior to racemic/regular clomid? 

Haven't seen any studies I just had assumed it was a ploy to be able to re-release it as a brand name drug to make that $$.

On 5/7/2013 at 8:56 PM, P007 said:

Evaluation Of Enclomiphene And Testosterone Gel On Testosterone, Pituitary Hormones And Sperm Function [Abstract: LBA8]

http://www.aua2013.org/abstracts/archive/printabstracts.cfm?id=98768

Introduction and Objectives - Enclomiphene, the trans diastereoisomer of clomifene, is a selective oestrogen receptor modulator (SERM) in the pituitary. Blocking the negative oestrogenic feedback results in increased luteinising hormone (LH) levels which then stimulate production of endogenous T. Exogenous T has been shown to reduce spermatogenesis which could be counterproductive in men wishing to preserve fertility. This study compares the impact of enclomiphene with one T gel on certain aspects of endocrine function and spermatogenesis.

Methods - A double-blind, placebo and active control study of two doses of enclomiphene (12.5 and 25 mg) with open-label on-demand T gel in 120 patients with secondary hypogonadism over a 3-month period. Men were 21-65 years and had not received exogenous T within the previous 6 months.

Results - All three active groups exhibited statistically significant increases (ng/dl) from baseline in T compared to placebo (Enclomiphene 12.5 mg 217-472; 25 mg 210 406: T gel 210-463: Placebo 214-199). Enclomiphene at both doses increased LH and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) levels (mIU/ml) beyond baseline and placebo whereas T gel resulted in a >50% reduction in both pituitary hormones (LH Enclomiphene 12.5 mg 4.4-8.9; 25 mg 5.3-11.7: T gel 3.9-1.4: Placebo 3.9-3.7: FSH Enclomiphene 12.5 mg 6.4-11.5; 25 mg 9.4-14.1: T gel 6.0-2.9: Placebo 6.1-5.4). At baseline, the majority of men in all groups exhibited sperm concentrations above the World Health Organization (WHO) limit of normal (15 million sperm per ml of semen). This was maintained in the enclomiphene groups and the placebo group. However, in 13 out of 23 men in the T gel group the sperm concentration dropped below normal.

Conclusions - Enclomiphene acts at the level of the pituitary as a selective oestrogen receptor modulator to block the negative feedback of oestrogen on the pituitary hormones (LH and FSH). The present study shows that restoration of LH (secondary hypogonadal males having low levels) provides rapid and effective normalisation of T levels with no excursion into the supra-normal range. In addition, preservation of FSH levels in enclomiphene-treated patients ensures that there is no negative impact on sperm function. In contrast, the suppression of sperm function in the T gel group is likely to be a consequence of the observed reduction in FSH. Overall, this study shows that enclomiphene may provide effective therapy in men with secondary hypogonadism, particularly in those wishing to preserve fertility.

Thank you @P007 for the original posting.

So update, I came off the clomid a couple weeks back, started up 50-100mg DHEA/day (because I take more everything than I should, I try to keep it at 50mg), and 1-2 grams of Fenugreek per day. Tossed some Meriva phospholipid curcumin in, along with PQQ, and Cordyceps mushrooms and tons of mushroom tea. Hot flashes long gone, dad bod in full swing, but I did some renovations in my gym today and got a pretty damn good workout in. Thinking any losses were due entirely to not lifting, which I realize isn't so optional off cycle.

So while not ideal, and I still plan to get some labs in the next month or two, I'm okay with how my PCT went and I've got more erections than I can shake a stick at. Should that change, then I'll come back for cause for concern.  

Thank you to all who threw in their two cents, it was absolutely appreciated!

9 hours ago, ((Vibe)) said:

FWIW I wasn't able to break through until I made a "machine."

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/The_Machine

I guess I've made a machine before then..  Roommate gave me this tonight though, it shall be my exclusively DMT piece. Between these two, my kale superfood smoothie and my crackhead determination to seek the wisdom of beings from another world, I've no doubt a breakthrough is coming.

20180116_183840.jpg

20180116_210057.jpg

16 hours ago, D-termine said:

my crackhead determination to seek the wisdom of beings from another world, I've no doubt a breakthrough is coming.

Out of simple curiosity, have you been completely drug free at any time in the last five years?

I made one from a Grand Marnier single serving bottle (drilled a hole in the bottom) and put some torched brillow where you would drink from. For me, oil burners/lightbulbs didn't work too well for Dimitri. (No experience with the first contraption)  Don't really mess with that stuff anymore and flushed a hyyyooooge stash of it + RC's. You would've been like "Noooooo!" haha

But anyways, so what's in the smoothie?

It looks...like it must be super healthy...  😀😆

On 12/30/2017 at 7:02 PM, STENDEC said:

You really need bloodwork. A hormone panel from Private MD labs is about $50 with coupon.

So this guy here?  Thank you unemployment benefits, I will never shit on a social welfare and providing a public safety net again.  The irony of being a broke and miserable conservative too stubborn to put his hand out all these years is not lost on me. Nor appreciation for being given a few bucks and little time to recover.

That said, this is the test right?  I won't pretend to know how to read a lab, but figure I know just where to bring the results when I do.

Includes: 
Estradiol, serum; 
Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH); 
Luteinizing Hormone (LH); 
Testosterone, Serum (Total Only);

Complete Blood Count (CBC) with Differential: (Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes) 
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR): (A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.)