STENDEC

One (New) Direction

It's an interval workout that consists of me throwing an 80 sandbag over my shoulder as fast as I can for 30 seconds, resting for 60 seconds and repeating 5x.

Not only is it so much more engaging that anything on a bike or treadmill, it is a killer ab/core workout (actually makes my abs sore) and I also think it has added a pop to my biceps that I was not getting from any other exercise.

On 12/27/2018 at 7:55 PM, STENDEC said:

Legs

Squats to 405x5, Bulgarians, Weighted Walking Lunges, GHR

Man, I don't know how you can lift at these numbers without peaking.  Like, your training numbers are relatively high year 'round. You've got some tolerance to constantly pushing that hard I suppose.

On 12/30/2018 at 6:47 AM, STENDEC said:

I think it's because I am just dumb and stubborn.

I'm not going to lie, I'm sure it's because of your high LBM. 

Legs

Squats, Bulgarians, Weighted Walking Lunges, GHR, Weighted Step Ups  @18"

We also began an experiment to see what happens if we train biceps 5x/week for a month...so did some Archer Pulls, Bowler Curls, Rope Curls 

I added serious arm size doing that. And now that I'm not, I've kept most of it. So, it was more than just transient storage changes. I did basically a feeder workout or pump type workout for my arms and PT every night for waves and I honestly think that the elevated protein synthesis and relatively low impact on systemic recovery make it very possible for certain muscle groups. I'm gonna start doing it again when I get to my second hypertrophy block. 

4 hours ago, mwarren said:

I added serious arm size doing that.

I've read a lot of other anecdote that says it works just like you experienced so we decided to try it.

AAA Friday

Scott Curls, Single Arm Pulldowns, Rope Curls, Single Arm Pullovers, Incline DB Curls, Inch Press, Concentration Curls

Cold Biceps were 17" today

Back & Bis

Deads to 500x5,  Incline Cable Curls,  KB Good Mornings, Hammer Curls, Reverse Hypers, Rope Cable Curls

My lower back was hella engorged today....but otherwise felt excellent.