STENDEC

One (New) Direction

3 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

Do you think you can put a penis workout together for me? I could use an extra 1/2"...

If anyone can figure out a way to double your penis size, STENDEC can.

Chest/Tris

Power HIIT, Low/Mid Incline Cable Flyes, Cable Pullovers, Single Arm Landmine Press, WG Pressdowns, Single Arm Pulldowns, Weighted Decline Pushups

I love goblet squats. I wish I had started with them because squatting was not a natural movement for me to learn. I have been doing goblet squats for my warmups or recovery sessions for awhile now. 

Jamie's had severe ankle mobility issues we've been working on in order to fix her squat and goblet squats have been an integral part of her program. As a matter of fact, just last night we got her into her first parallel squat without excessive hip hinge

Lol let me rephrase.

Why so much work done on movements with one leg contributing significantly more force in the direction of movement?

Seriously though. Are you trying to limit core involvement? Maximizing glute involvement? Enjoy it? Is there a programming reason?

I guess I am still not following....there are only so many exercises you can do with your legs where you are using both of them together...squats and variations thereof, GHR and machines like leg press, curl, extension and my gym doesn't have those.

So my choices are not really intentionally bilateral/unilateral but driven by what I have available to me although I'm doing even the unilateral movements evenly so I'm not sure, functionally, if there's a lot of difference in terms of strength/hypertrophy development.

Most strength lifters focus on bilateral movements like squats and deads and variations of these on a squat or hinge spectrum because loading is much higher and more total muscles are involved. Plus, most of us suck at unilateral movements so we don't do much of them. They're usually put into a routine to correct an issue, not because they make you stronger. They are good for hypertrophy however. So I was wondering if there was a programming reason from that line of thought. You'll never see any BSS or lunges or anything like that in a PL program or weightlifting program unless it is to fix something like glute med activation or quad hypertrophy without excessive spinal loading.

I thought you'd have a better reason than "needed more stuff to do" lol :P

Oh my god Ben looking back on your log makes me uncomfortable about my posts. I'm the main poster and it seems like I'm always trying to question your shit. 

But really I'm not. I mean, I am, but because you're just ahead of me and I like to know the reasons why you do certain things as they may be things I need to consider. 

Like, no disrespek. Just a fanboy.

30 minutes ago, mwarren said:

I thought you'd have a better reason than "needed more stuff to do" lol

Sorry....I just kind of use the Force when I lift and I don't apply 10% of the exercise science planning that the rest of you guys do...I do deads and squats every week so for leg day, I just fill in other stuff....seems to work okay...

avpUGr5.jpg?1

But I appreciate the input...I can probably do better if I put some actual science into my workout planning.