STENDEC

One (New) Direction

1 hour ago, STENDEC said:

Sorry....I just kind of use the Force when I lift and I don't apply 10% of the exercise science planning that the rest of you guys do...I do deads and squats every week so for leg day, I just fill in other stuff....seems to work okay...

avpUGr5.jpg?1

But I appreciate the input...I can probably do better if I put some actual science into my workout planning.

Does that weight vest help with bracing?

Lol can we remove the reaction limit for Ras?

Yea Ben I think I used to plan my shit TOO MUCH and just hitting it hard would have done me better. It's definitely an advantage for specific goals but there's something to be said for instinctive training if you know your body well. I can't believe how jacked you are. What are you weighing in that pic?

Back & Bis

Deads, Heavy Scott Curls, Landmine Rows, Cable-Rope Curls

So I had been experimenting with a Red Yeast Rice product that contained about 8mg of Monacolin K, AKA lovastatin per serving and it made my legs/knees and biceps (oddly) so sore, I felt like I had aged about 25 years...this is less than half of the typical starting dose of Mevacor.

It took me a couple of weeks to finally figure out what was going on but I am really surprised by how strong and pronounced the effect was....I was really wondering if I was going to be able to keep lifting my knees, hamstrings and quads hurt so bad.

The pain has completely resolved since stopping the supplement.

2 hours ago, STENDEC said:

Back & Bis

Deads, Heavy Scott Curls, Landmine Rows, Cable-Rope Curls

So I had been experimenting with a Red Yeast Rice product that contained about 8mg of Monacolin K, AKA lovastatin per serving and it made my legs/knees and biceps (oddly) so sore, I felt like I had aged about 25 years...this is less than half of the typical starting dose of Mevacor.

It took me a couple of weeks to finally figure out what was going on but I am really surprised by how strong and pronounced the effect was....I was really wondering if I was going to be able to keep lifting my knees, hamstrings and quads hurt so bad.

The pain has completely resolved since stopping the supplement.

That's nuts. What's the deal with that? Does that naturally occur in RYR?

42 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

That's nuts. What's the deal with that? Does that naturally occur in RYR?

Yes. It is a natural source of lovastatin....which is why it works for cholesterol reduction.

25 minutes ago, Construct said:

Were you supplementing with CoQ10 or Ubiquinol?

I was. Ubiquinol. 

Damn. We can't enderestimate certain remedies. Studies done on them are often poorly structured and some things like ryr and natural sources of different alkaloids can have drug effects.

Shoulders

Power HIIT (Rev. 2), OHP, Pronated Grip Landmine Press, External Cable Rotations, Front/Lateral Raises, Shrugs

I changed up my HIIT routine. Now using a 50# slamball, clean and press, slam it down hard enough to get a tiny bounce out of it, squat and catch and repeat for 30 seconds, rest for 60 seconds, repeat 5x

It is difficult to express how pleased I am that my crippling leg/knee pain was drug-induced and has resolved completely.

I do care, but I care more about the fact that I had a spectacular leg day with no pain at all.

Legs

Back Squats to 315x8, Weighted Bulgarians, Step Ups, Walking Lunges, Air Squats

The last three were done with a 25# weight vest on

1 hour ago, STENDEC said:

Back & Bis

Glorious Deadlift Set, Scott Curls, Good Mornings, Landmine Rows, Incline Cable Curls

Love landmine rows. Landmine presses and reverse lunges, too.

Shoulders

OHP to 175x3, Front/Lateral DB Raises, Inch Press, Heavy DB Shrugs

I'm pretty sure that OHP was a PR...and before you ask @mwarren they were strict from below the chin to full lockout with no leg drive although I was leaning back some and looking at the ceiling.

Chest

Flat Bench, Seated Cable Flyes, Single Arm Pulldowns, Single Arm Landmine Press, PowerHIIT

My flat bench is becoming a real problem...I'm struggling with 225 and at this rate, my OHP is going to overtake my bench. My left pec just doesn't like that particular angle/position/idunno and I've got very little strength but just in that lift....flyes, pushups don't bother it at all...it is very frustrating.