STENDEC

One (New) Direction

I have pre-meetings for meetings, that's how much I adore meetings.

In a world where email is ignored, 1 on 1 phone calls are a rarity and nobody wants to make a decision, meetings are the only way to get people synced up, unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Ras said:

I was involved in a Vogon-level effort to eliminate meetings called the subcommittee on the committee on committees.

I've actually been on a Committee on Committees...it was surreal.

Shoulders

Power HIIT, Kaiser Shoulder Press, Hammer Spreads, Kaiser Shrugs, Plate Raises

My lifting partner told me today that my lateral delts were starting to really pop which is about 60% as good as having my wife tell me that and about 14% as good as having some woman in the gym who I don't know tell me that.

Chest

Flat Bench, Seated Kaiser Flyes, Landmine Press, Single Arm Kaiser Flyes, Incline Bench, Power HIIT

Doing HIIT at the end of the workout kinda sucks. My bench is really struggling...unable to do 305x1 today.

I've been wanting to debate someone on hip thrusts. I'm pro Duffin in this regard. We'll, I can't say that. I'm pro-me but his thoughts almost exactly line up with mine.

I definitely think of them as an effective exercise, and a compound movement, and one that does reinforce a lacking functional pattern. 

They're just not a replacement for Tier 1 shit. 

5 minutes ago, oompaloompa said:

I got no booty, I admit it. 

You need to squat and DL son. I can crack walnuts between my ass cheeks....

2 hours ago, STENDEC said:

I can crack walnuts between my ass cheeks....

Prove it.

Also, you're right. Squats and deads.

Shoulders

PowerHIIT, Cable Shoulder Press, KB Inch Press, Later/Front Raises, KB Shrugs

My gym has installed a MyZone fitness tracking system and I've been asked by the manager to be one of her test subjects. So I got a free MyZone band out of the deal and now I can objectively measure how hard I am slacking on any given day.

Gotcha. I've seen those before. I'd like to get a V handle and give them a try (although apparently you can also just grab the bar with interlocking fingers, but it seems like the ROM would be shorter that way).

I gave these a try today, and liked them:

53 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Gotcha. I've seen those before. I'd like to get a V handle and give them a try (although apparently you can also just grab the bar with interlocking fingers, but it seems like the ROM would be shorter that way).

I gave these a try today, and liked them:

You can do these on a seated calf raise machine, too. I thought about using them in the future of I need any unilateral back work on my cycles because you can add a lot of weight and my gym only has like 90lb DBs. Maybe 100s.