STENDEC

One (New) Direction

4 hours ago, STENDEC said:

I use #100 DB for shrugs.....I find they give better ROM that a straight bar.

Have you tried a hex bar?

4 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

Buffalo bars work as well as DBs for this. It has a nice, convenient cutout for your man-bits.

When I told Jamie I didn't want to use the straight bar because it would hit my dick, she said, "I didn't think you would have to worry about it harhar." 

But yes, reason #52 for a buffalo bar. Blu wants bars :(

Shoulders

PowerHIIT, OHP, Lateral/Front DP Raises, Cable OHP, Landmine Press, Shrugs, BB Lunges*

*Obviously not a shoulder exercise. My lifting partner and I have decided that the progression to the "dadbod" begins with atrophied glutes so have decided to try and mix in some glute exercises on non-leg days in order to keep the dadbod at bay.

7 hours ago, STENDEC said:

Shoulders

PowerHIIT, OHP, Lateral/Front DP Raises, Cable OHP, Landmine Press, Shrugs, BB Lunges*

*Obviously not a shoulder exercise. My lifting partner and I have decided that the progression to the "dadbod" begins with atrophied glutes so have decided to try and mix in some glute exercises on non-leg days in order to keep the dadbod at bay.

Haha I like the logic. Fight the dadbod.

Chest & Tris

Power HIIT, Seated Low Cable Flyes, Cable Pullovers, Standing High Cable Flyes, Triceps Pulldowns, Plate Press, Prisoner Squats

On 5/28/2019 at 1:37 PM, STENDEC said:

Shoulders

I'd think that the BSS would outperform the lunge for glutes...

9 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

I'd think that the BSS would outperform the lunge for glutes...

I don't disagree, especially with a wider stance. However, we've been trying to mix it up some thus the alternative exercises.

AAA Friday

Scott Curls, French Press, Crab Curls, Cable Pullovers, Incline DB Curls, Inch Press, Bowler Curls, Triceps Pressdown

15 hours ago, STENDEC said:

I don't disagree, especially with a wider stance. However, we've been trying to mix it up some thus the alternative exercises.

I feel so incompetent for having completely not considered going wider in my stance on BSS rather than moving my moving leg forward a la a lunge...

3 hours ago, Growth Factor said:

I feel so incompetent for having completely not considered going wider in my stance on BSS rather than moving my moving leg forward a la a lunge...

You're supposed to be at least better than Rippetoe to be a part of this subforum. 

You are fired.

Back & Bis

SLDL, Eccentric Preacher Curls, Landmine Rows, Incline Cable Curls, KB Good Mornings

For the eccentrics, we loaded up the bar and helped each other into the starting position and then just lowered it as slowly as possible....my biceps were screaming after just a couple of these. Will be interesting to see how they feel tomorrow.

"Interesting to see how they feel tomorrow?" Do you like hurting? Are you masochistic? Seriously. 

You'll never catch me trying to get sore on purpose. Especially not like those leg day memes. That's no way to live lol you're crazy

On 6/6/2019 at 6:36 AM, STENDEC said:

Too friggin' busy more like.

Left the house at 3AM yesterday and crawled into bed at 2AM this morning....

Ouch. I hope you at least got some catch-up rest the next day.

2 hours ago, STENDEC said:

You know, I was remarkably not exhausted after getting just a few hours of sleep. Not sure exactly what to credit that to but I'll take it.

Short term mood boosting effects of partial sleep deprivation in the second half of the night?

Sleeping less than four hours always gives me a short-term mood lift. Not repeatable or sustainable, but it's there.

Back & Bis

SLDL to 355, Eccentric Curls, Landmine Rows, Incline Curls

Short workout today as yesterday I spent 9 hours repairing the buried electrical service to my house which involved a whole lot of digging and hauling heavy cable around.