STENDEC

One (New) Direction

1 hour ago, Emperor G_D said:

@ozzman, it's my go-to video for sharing with others the gift of bracing. It's the first video I directed you to, right @Atlasnow? The first video I hammered into my last partner, who swore he learned what he needed to, but forever failed to implement proper bracing-so who knows.

Absolutely.  This video really helped me initially and whenever my bracing becomes inconsistent, it's the first thing I revisit. 

AAA Wednesday (the day before Leg Day)

Belted Heavy Scott Curls to 145x5, Belted Cable Pullovers, Belted Incline Cable Curls, Belted Weighted Dips, Belted Hammer Curls, Belted Long Division, Belted Abs

And a spectacular pump blossomed.

aw5fPqL.jpg?1

Leg Day

Squats to 425x2, Bulgarian SS, Leg Machine Circuit (Leg Press Calf Raises/Abductors/Adductors/Curls/Extensions), Abs

The first attempt at 425 came in a tad high but the second one was in the hole...felt heavy but manageable....I need to get faster/more confident with my foot placement so I am not shuffling around with a heavy bar on my back wasting energy....

Shoulders

Front/Lateral KB Raises, Arnold Presses, Single Arm Cable Crossovers, Cable External Rotations, Reverse Peck Deck, Plate Raises, DB Shrugs, Abs

Back & Bis

DL to 515x1, Scott Curls, Back Extensions, Jesus Curls, Incline DB Curls, Abs

Did the math wrong :angry:...thought I was at 525...probably could have had that as I pulled 515 without too much trouble.

How much do you guys think DL and Squats reinforce each other?

I have often found that my squat can generally determine my pull-IOW: as my squat ability improves, so does my deadlift. But I'm a bit of a snowflake in that my squat is always better than my deadlift. Whereas, most less-trained people can manage a pull larger than their squat, and not usually by a small margin. There are literally dozens of reasons why that could be from angles to form to psychological factors.

The better I squat, the better I deadlift, however. 

Depending on how you pull (convention vs. sumo), your deadlift might not reinforce much about your squat and vice-versa. I'm surprised you haven't been able to dig up a paper on the subject...seems like it's soemthing folks would have covered by now.

7 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

I'm surprised you haven't been able to dig up a paper on the subject...seems like it's soemthing folks would have covered by now.

Have not really looked yet but I agree, seems like something somebody would have studied. Given the muscles involved in both lifts and the weights involved, you would think they would fairly strongly compliment one another.

Chesticles

Pre-exhaustion Machine Press Progressions, Flat Bench to 315x4, Incline DB Press, Pec Deck to failure, Abs

So with almost five months left to prepare, my raw triple is closing in on 1300lbs which seems a respectable number for 100kg and 48 years old...

AAA Wednesday

Scott Curls, Cable Pullovers, Crab Cable Curls, V-Bar Pushdown, Incline DB Curls, Single Arm Pulldowns, Standing EZ Bar Curls, Machine Triceps, Abs

Back & (a little)Bis

Deads to 535x1(PR), Scott Curls, DB Good Mornings, Incline DB Curls, Abs

Short but highly successful workout today. 535 with a straight bar, no straps, is a lifetime PR for me and I was fairly pleased with how it came up...probably could have got a little deeper for the start but it worked.This means 555 is definitely on the table and 605 is probably doable.

My triple lift total will be well over 1300lbs come november I think.

You might coulda used some more lat tightness, which might (or might not) loosen up your bicep. Otherwise, your shoulders were in a good start position, knees in an appropriately vertical start position (I do not think you can improve your hip position without putting your knees over the bar much more).

So yeah...good lift! :)

I thought my shoulders tracked over the bar pretty well. My left hand is supinated which may be showing more biceps involvement....righteous front delt flare at the end. lol

Chest & Tris

Pec Deck 3x12, Incline Bench 5x8, Pause Flat Bench, Incline DB Flye, Cable Pullovers, Weighted Dips, Abs

We pre-exhausted with the first two exercises and then did the flat bench really strict with a pause at the bottom....smoked the pecs pretty good.

Shoulders

Standing MP to 185x2, KB Front/Lateral Raises, Machine Circuit (R Peck Deck, Shrugs, Seated SP, Row) External Cable Rotations, BB Shrugs, Abs

Was pretty pleased with my OHP max...tried 205 just for grins but it wasn't going anywhere....

11 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

OHP makes me juicy. After all these years, I still love it.I'm looking forward to testing my OHP in a little bit.

You're a monster. I don't think there is a lift I hate more than the OHP.

Back and Bis

Deads to 550x0.25, Scott Curls, DB Good Mornings, Jesus Curls, Back Extensions, Abs

So I got 550 off the ground...it actually came up so quickly that it sort of surprised me and I put it back down from about my knees...tried to get it again but my head wasn't right by then. But the good news is, that my 1RM is somewhere in that neighborhood which makes me happy....