STENDEC

One (New) Direction

14 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

Power HIIT is just sandbag tosses for 30sx5S? 

It sounds awful. 

@Atlasnow...

Essentially, yes.

It's actually 10 pickup and tosses which takes me 27-35 seconds, 30 seconds of rest, repeat. Although I noticed above I was giving myself a minute between sets....

16 hours ago, STENDEC said:

Essentially, yes.

It's actually 10 pickup and tosses which takes me 27-35 seconds, 30 seconds of rest, repeat. Although I noticed above I was giving myself a minute between sets....

How are you tossing it? Is there a video of this? 

AAA Wednesday

Power HIIT, Standing EZBar Curls, Cable Pullovers, BTH DB Triceps, Incline DB Curls, Bowlers Curls, KB Inch Press, Abs

I went back to my 1:2 HIIT interval and it is more manageable for sure. The literature on HIIT seems to support it as well and a sufficient rest period permits a more robust sprint.

It is a stupidly simply move that really gets my heart rate up if I do it with some speed.

The one I am using is 80# and is actually more like a sandbag than a medicine ball in that it has no bounce to it at all.

On 9/17/2018 at 4:33 PM, STENDEC said:

Back & Bis

Power HIIT, Deads, Incline DB Curls, Bowler Cable Curls, Concentration Curls

Short workout because, dammit, life got in the way....felt strong in any case....

Screw reality. Weightlifting is all that matters.

Legs

Power HIIT, Goblet Squats, Bulgarian Splits, Weighted Walking Lunges, GHR

The gym was nearly empty, I had no partner so I cruised through this workout really fast....too fast probably....my body would have appreciated more rest in between sets and exercises....abs are still sore

Back & Bis

Deads to 455x5, Power HIIT, Incline DB Curls, Bowler Curls, Jesus Curls

I needed to move the power HIIT in behind the major compound lift because I find that it activates my lower back too much and it makes deadlifting and squats uncomfortable.

Chest

Flat Bench, Incline Cable Flyes, Standing Low Cable Flyes, Standing High Cable Flyes, DB Pullover, Weighted Dips

My gym got these Kaiser compressed air cable machines which we used for today's flye workout....very interesting resistance....feels a little like a cross between a traditional cable machine and bands