STENDEC

One (New) Direction

Back & Bis

Deads to 505, Scott Curls, KB Good Mornings

Unbershort workout today because I had meetings on my meetings....BUT the good news is 505 popped up like it was 315 so I was pretty damned pleased with that.

Legs

Squats to 425x4, Bulgarians, Weighted Walking Lunges, GHR

I was pretty pleased with the squats....two of them were clearly to depth, two were on the line...but I am now confident that I can put up a 1200lb triple at the meet....hopefully more than that but I'll be pleased with that total.

Legs

Squats 225x12x3, Bulgarian Splits, Walking Weighted Lunges, GHR

Tomorrow is AAA Friday and then it's one week until the meet....so next week will just be light stuff and some PT prehab work on my left pec which is feeling ugie when I deadlift...of all things....

On 10/25/2018 at 1:42 PM, STENDEC said:

Legs

Squats 225x12x3, Bulgarian Splits, Walking Weighted Lunges, GHR

Tomorrow is AAA Friday and then it's one week until the meet....so next week will just be light stuff and some PT prehab work on my left pec which is feeling ugie when I deadlift...of all things....

Makes total sense, actually.

Unless you've worked really hard on your upper back, on heavy deadlifts, your shoulders are likely to come forward and any scapular retraction you have breaks down. Once this happens, your pecs contract really hard, because the shoulders have carried them anteriorly. This happens to me as well, and it's a form and strength issue.

About the meet, what are your best gym lifts and what are your attempts?

I expect to go conservative for my first lifts, shoot for something around my 1RM for my second and then go for 1RM+10% for my last DL and S but my bench probably will remain at my 1RM.