mwarren

Resurrection of Blu

1 hour ago, Emperor G_D said:

Momma needs to be sure her special boy is wearing mittens and his helmet...

She treats me how I like lol. She knows I'm irresponsible and forgetful so she makes me lunches and dinners in containers and puts my chores on a dry erase board and sends me reminders for my appointments and when I get paid she takes my checks, takes her cut (lol), pays the bills, then gives me allowance basically.

Perfect momma for me

Great session today! Didn't have much time to warm up and I was having trouble getting my feet into the floor as a result. I'll post the squat vid later if my training partner sends it to me and I think you'll see my toes come up on one rep and my heels start to come up on another. I think this balance issue will resolve with some more warmups and setup work. And I need time to adjust balance with these weights in general. Decided to start ramping the DL sets to something a little more challenging based on how I feel. 

Squat

405x3

Press

185x3

DL

365x1

385x1

405x1

425x1 

Bench

245x5 

My pec felt great today. RPE 7 for sure

Pullup, neutral grip

+45x5

DB Incline Bench

50x25

I'm going to use these for an assistance block and push the reps to grow that pec

GHR

x15

Pullaparts, band curls, static stretching (oh noz)

I saw the video.

You need to work on opening your hips up, and letting your hips sink into the hole. That way, you won't be so folded over, and your knees can come forward. It might also restore some speed, too. That vertical shin can be hard to manage for depth and speed...

2 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

I saw the video.

You need to work on opening your hips up, and letting your hips sink into the hole. That way, you won't be so folded over, and your knees can come forward. It might also restore some speed, too. That vertical shin can be hard to manage for depth and speed...

As in knees out more? I'm open to it but I need to know exactly what you mean. My stance is about as far wide as my hip strength can tolerate but if it's just my knees that need to shoot out more I can squat with bands around them on my warm-up sets

1 hour ago, STENDEC said:

Hey, I've got the same arrangement more or less....

1 hour ago, Emperor G_D said:

Out of my checks, I see $100 per pay period. The rest is deposited into her account...

It works lol

12 hours ago, mwarren said:

As in knees out more? I'm open to it but I need to know exactly what you mean. My stance is about as far wide as my hip strength can tolerate but if it's just my knees that need to shoot out more I can squat with bands around them on my warm-up sets

Yeah, I don't know which cue you like better, but essentially: Hip open, knees out, butt in hole, allow knees to drift forward a bit. It should help to stack the bar over CoG...

On 11/9/2018 at 10:07 AM, Emperor G_D said:

Yeah, I don't know which cue you like better, but essentially: Hip open, knees out, butt in hole, allow knees to drift forward a bit. It should help to stack the bar over CoG...

On 11/9/2018 at 8:52 PM, STENDEC said:

Point your toes out more maybe?

I gave things a try but lost a lot of power and almost dumped my first work set. Ended up turning my toes out just a little more than normal and was able to do that. My just need to do this a little at a time.

Squat

405x3x2

Press

185x3x2

DL

315x1

335x1

365x1

385x1

405x1

425x1

445x1 this was still quick but felt "getting there"

Bench

245x5x2 

Pullup, neutral and prone

+45x5x2

DB Incline Bench

50x22x2

GHR

x15

+30x10

Then 12hr later 

Bench

65x10x3

Goblet Squat

30x10x3

Face Pull

30x15x3

DB Curl

30x15

9 hours ago, mwarren said:

I gave things a try but lost a lot of power and almost dumped my first work set. Ended up turning my toes out just a little more than normal and was able to do that. My just need to do this a little at a time.

You just need to figure out what works for you, but from the last video I saw, you're coming to a place where your form will be the biggest thing holding you back. Upright lower limbs are great when you have something like a squat suit to mechanically improve your leverages, not so great when your levers are at a disadvantage and you don't have something like a knee wrap or a suit to give a slight advantage.

On 11/11/2018 at 11:29 AM, Emperor G_D said:

You just need to figure out what works for you, but from the last video I saw, you're coming to a place where your form will be the biggest thing holding you back. Upright lower limbs are great when you have something like a squat suit to mechanically improve your leverages, not so great when your levers are at a disadvantage and you don't have something like a knee wrap or a suit to give a slight advantage.

Definitely. My knees hurt quite a bit when i try air squatting to depth with natural knee travel. I think this fear may be holding me back from letting them travel enough. Going to look up some vids on stuff I can do for my knees on SquatU and see if I can get things changing a little at a time. I'm almost thinking my structure just doesn't like it. I'm getting squat shoes for Christmas so I'm hoping they'll help a lot. 

Squat

405x3x3

Little better today. I got my knees to move out more with my feet in a closer stance. Tiny bit closer. 

Press

185x3x3

Jesus that third set was hard.

DL

335x1

365x1

385x1

405x1

425x1

455x1 still a bit fast but I need to use my hinge more than my squat because I think I'm built for a higher ass pull. I donno, looks pretty good.

Bench

245x5x3

Pullup, all grips

+45x5x3

DB Incline Bench

55x20? Lost count so I just went until 3 from failure

Cut the other stuff today. Hungry.

51 minutes ago, Emperor G_D said:

Work on getting the knees out. I think it will fix things up.

But what the fuck do I know?

It helped but I think i just need squat shoes to get to where i need to be. I know it's annoying to tell somebody what they need to fix and see minimal changes in their videos over and over again. Regardless, I do want people in my circle to be persistent in nagging me so that I can be great. Bear with me

It's funny though that the guys at my work gym or the other gym think my squat and bench are the best they've ever seen and they don't understand when I tell them I'm taking videos for my uncles to fix my shit. Big difference when you go from recreational to competitive, mentally. 

55 minutes ago, mwarren said:

It helped but I think i just need squat shoes to get to where i need to be. I know it's annoying to tell somebody what they need to fix and see minimal changes in their videos over and over again. Regardless, I do want people in my circle to be persistent in nagging me so that I can be great. Bear with me

No no, I wasn't annoyed with you, I was being annoyed with me. You're doing fine, youngster.

5 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

No no, I wasn't annoyed with you, I was being annoyed with me. You're doing fine, youngster.

Ideally, I could have you and Kim (sorry everyone else, they've just been grooming me longer) here during my training. Would make it a lot easier for you to spot and correct things in real time. And then food. And then orgy. 

I'm really fixated on getting together. I hope we can make something happen soon. Maybe an annual CS fest. Bunch of strong nerds with horrible attitudes smashing down food and talking about alt-politics, group lift at a gym where we trash everything with chalk, my aunt gets screwed somewhere in there. And by the end, I'm pregnant.

I really needed a break today so I took it on deadlift time lol. All my energy is going towards my squat lately which was needed for a long time anyways. The DL can take a back seat until it's his turn.

I haven't been eating enough. I need to gain at least another 5lbs to hit my goals for the end of this macrocycle. Maybe 10lbs. I need to focus my efforts with meal prepping. No excuses.

Skwat

415x3

Press

190x3

DL

315 and 365 for some quickies

Bench

255x5 

Oh shit. I didn't think I'd be able to get this far this soon. 

Pullup

x5x3 rear delt felt twinged so i did a few easy sets. I'd like to see how many I can do. Maybe during peak week.

DB Incline Bench

55x24

Face Pull, band curl, bw ghr x1 easy set

Felt good today but damnit I haven't gotten the scale up at all this week. I'm going to go binge now. Fucking irritating. My fault completely. Ergh

Squat

415x3x2

Press

185x3x2

DL

315x1

365x1

405x1

465x1 

Bench

255x5x2

Pullup, neutral and prone

+45x5x2

DB Incline Bench

60x18x2

Curls and pullaparts 2 sets

Skipped hammies

To be honest my inclination is to start lower but my butt will raise immediately when the lift starts so I've settled on this starting position. Is the bar getting out away from me at the start?