mwarren

Resurrection of Blu

Supps don't do shit for back pumps, though at one time, people claimed Taurine supplementation helped. I've never found it to be helpful for that purpose. If it's androgen-related, back off. If it's not, then it's just fatigue and shit. I'd back off the movements that stress the back out-possibly keep it to main lifts only for lower body.

18 minutes ago, Emperor G_D said:

Supps don't do shit for back pumps, though at one time, people claimed Taurine supplementation helped. I've never found it to be helpful for that purpose. If it's androgen-related, back off. If it's not, then it's just fatigue and shit. I'd back off the movements that stress the back out-possibly keep it to main lifts only for lower body.

I'm gonna peter back the dose and see if it helps. I'm not on much by internet standards, but I am over the natty range by a few hundo ng/dl. I'll continue to lay off the extra shit I was doing until it subsides as well. I do a lot of stuff I don't log sometimes because I either forget or didn't feel like logging. Like banded GMs and shit. I need to log everything better so that my extra workouts can be taken into consideration.

34 minutes ago, STENDEC said:

Where do you live now?

Still MI. I'm just in TN to help my grandparents out because my grandpa is having heart surgery and we also need to figure out what to plan and get ready for over the next 3-5 years as they are quickly losing the ability to live without assistance.

I know you said you're cycling some compounds. I get that. But ordinarily, do you feel pumps like that from GMs? I really tend to attribute low back pumps on goodmornings to either a weak low back or to bad form, and this is true regardless of whether I'm banging out reps for volume or grinding out 5s or fewer reps. 

I don't know how you do these, but if you don't use a belt you might consider trying it out. Bear in mind I never belt up for a deadlift unless it's against heavy bands, not even when I pulled 605 or 625. But I belt up for even 135 on good mornings because I otherwise break the connection between my torso and hips too easily and start using too much low back.

Just some food for thought. 

I actually haven't felt it on GMs yet but I normally feel those mostly in my ass. Tbh it's just been happening on squats and deads. I never wear a belt. Could just be the total volume of lower back work but could be the hormones also. Either way, I'm taking both down so I can figure it out.

1 hour ago, mwarren said:

I actually haven't felt it on GMs yet but I normally feel those mostly in my ass. Tbh it's just been happening on squats and deads. I never wear a belt. Could just be the total volume of lower back work but could be the hormones also. Either way, I'm taking both down so I can figure it out.

Gotcha. I first thought you skipping the GMs was because you felt a pump during the GMs due to the GMs. Didn't realize it was a leftover pump from the exercise before. 

But yeah, I generally feel them in my ass, then hamstrings, then calves. I'm of course ignoring the rank of the sensation of implosion (explosion?) in my abdomen. 

Try to consider the following statement without sexual undertones. Or overtones. Tones.

I feel most things deep in my ass more than anywhere else. My ass takes a lot of load. Sometimes I want to use my ass exclusively.

It's hard for me to use my quads and my back and hamstrings are only engaged a lot so that my ass can do the work. I have a nice juicy ass for a white guy. I'll twerk for cash. 

I've always found that ~mountain hikers have very well developed calves, quads and hamstrings. You might want to join some of these guys, though be warned, with an ass like yours you'll have to walk in front. 

8 hours ago, Niflheim said:

I've always found that ~mountain hikers have very well developed calves, quads and hamstrings. You might want to join some of these guys, though be warned, with an ass like yours you'll have to walk in front. 

Ha, hiking is the alternative activity I have planned instead of lifting. I don't find anything else very interesting. I want to start hiking on a somewhat regular basis and then do more hiking than lifting when I only wish to maintain a certain level of strength. Probably soonish.

I like soccer, basketball, football, and wrestling but none of those activities are sustainable long term for me and hiking brings something else quite pleasurable to the table that I can't put to words. Something about nature or disappearing children.

Hiking is nice.  There's something about being out in the woods, alone.  Or with minimal other people.  I like when you just stop moving and don't hear anything that reminds you of civilization.  There's just this unpleasant white noise that you never even notice is there because you become so accustomed to it.

The only shitty thing is that most "beautiful" places always have a bunch of fuckheads there (and yes, I know that in the minds of others, I'm one of the superfluous fuckheads).  That's why I go to places that are beautiful but difficult to get to.  I find that it puts most people off if they can't take their children with them.  And places with 8-12% incline for half of a 7-mile hike tends to scare most people off.

If you ever go to the smoky mountains, I have a few recommendations for you.  Also, download REI's hiking project app.  It shows you trails you never even knew existed, likely within a few miles of wherever you are.

27 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

There's good hiking here in GA. Just walk faster if you hear banjo music (or stop and wait if that's your thing).

I like to take my own banjo.  That way those inbred fucks know they're gonna pay a price to rape me.  That choice is up to them.

1 hour ago, Burton said:

I like to take my own banjo.  That way those inbred fucks know they're gonna pay a price to rape me.  That choice is up to them.

It always comes down to haggling about the price.

22 hours ago, Sanction said:

It always comes down to haggling about the price.

The price of booty is in the eyes of the beholder? Well, I don't kegel all day just to be haggled with, personally. Fiddy buck, or I got hiking to do.

Way behind from teh travelz. I skipped session 1 and session 2 was last night instead of Wednesday. 

WEEK 16- SQUAT REBUILD- INTENSIFICATION- DAY 2

A. Front Squat, full ROM, ramping 5s to top set @ RPE 7-8, controlled tempo.
95X5
135X5
185X5
245X5 RPE 7

B. Deadlift 5 reps 1-0-X-1, reset reps
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
365X5 RPE 8.5-9
335X5 RPE 7
335X5 RPE 8
335X5 RPE 9
Felt WAY better doing DLs with lower reps.

C. Overhead Press 5 reps 1-1-X-1
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
185X5 RPE 9.5
165X5 RPE 8.5
165X5 RPE 9 maybe?
160X1....yea, done lol
Kicked ass. Yet again. OHP is my bitch lately. 

D. Wide Grip Pullup 5 reps 1-1-X-1
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
-So, there's no weight belt at the gym now. I decided to do 3x5 superset with seated face pulldowns 3x15

E. DB Floor Press
15x50x20

Pec didn't hurt during pullups. Probably in the clear. Making really good progress lately.