mwarren

Resurrection of Blu

WEEK 16- INTENSIFICATION/SQUAT REBUILD- DAY 3

Skipped backdown sets to get back on schedule Monday

A. Low Bar Back Squat, controlled tempo, ramping 5 reps @RPE 9.5. Reduce weight 10% and do backoff sets until RPE 9 again.
375x5 RPE 8
Knees feel good but I'm going to work up slowly from here and make sure my quads progress on my other squat variations before I push these. I like the way these look right now and I don't want to get any more PC dominant

B. High Bar Goodmorning, 8-12 reps 1-1-X-1 @RPE 7-8
-skipped to get back on schedule

C1. Narrow Grip Bench Press, 5 reps, 1-X-1-1
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
At the end of the last set, do a flye stretch like you did on Day 1 using dumbbells
185x5x3.... I'll start working these back up by 20lb increments.

C2. Pendlay Row, 5 reps 1-1-X-1 (make most of the eccentric the top portion as you lower it)
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
At the end of the last set, stretch your back out in the power rack for at least 1 minute
-subbing in the following for now. Been getting weird back spasms at night.

Cable Row ss/face pull 
120x12x3 ss/ 50x12x3

Squats are on track, pec is on track, back pump and now spasms being addressed. 

EXTRA WORK (between last 2 days)

DB Floor Press

Probably 300 reps with 10 and 15lb DBs

DB Curls w/BFR

Drop sets with the 20lb KB, 15 and 20lb DBs

Goblet Squat stretches

Bird dogs

Hip tilts to wall

WEEK 17- SQUAT REBUILD/INTENSIFICATION- DAY 1

A. High Bar Back Squat, full ROM, Ramp with 5s @ RPE 9-9.5 for top set. Drop 10% and do sets until RPE 8 again.
135X5
185X5
225X5
275X1
300X5 RPE 8
270X5X4 RPE 8 last set
Filmed last set. Will post later on IG

B. Competition Bench Press, 5 reps 1-1-X-1:
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
At the end of the last set, use dumbells and allow your arms to drop into a flye and stretch your pecs in that position for 30sec to 1 min (however much you can tolerate)
225x5x5... think I'll just slowly rebuild like this with decent volume

C. Coan Row 5 reps 1-1-X-1:
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
At the end of the last set, stretch your back out in the power rack for at least 1 minute
335X5 RPE 9
295x5
295x5 RPE 7.5 but Jamie wanted to leave NOW so I guess no more sets for me lol

Nice sesh. 

As you can see, probably way too light, but I'm factoring in the tension/fatigue of that particular quad that is weak. I think it looks like I can squat with my quads again. But, still, much work needed before I go on my 550 quest.

6 hours ago, Kimbo said:

How's the back pump?

It went away finally! Like, completely. I think I'll keep the cable rows on Friday and I don't need the GMs anymore now that I'm squatting heavier so i guess I'll be back on original plan minus the strict rows Friday. I guess I just can't handle that much extra lower back shit because I'm already hinge dominant o whatever else I do.

11 hours ago, mwarren said:

It went away finally! Like, completely. I think I'll keep the cable rows on Friday and I don't need the GMs anymore now that I'm squatting heavier so i guess I'll be back on original plan minus the strict rows Friday. I guess I just can't handle that much extra lower back shit because I'm already hinge dominant o whatever else I do.

Sounds good 👍🍆

WEEK 17- SQUAT REBUILD- INTENSIFICATION- DAY 2

A. Front Squat, full ROM, ramping 5s to top set @ RPE 7-8, controlled tempo.
95X5
135X5
185X5
225X1
255X5 RPE 7.5

B. Deadlift 5 reps 1-0-X-1, reset reps
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
385X5 RPE 8.5-9
335X5 RPE 8
335X5 RPE 9
Ran out of steam quickly today. I'm going to stick with this weight and add volume until the deload.

C. Overhead Press 5 reps 1-1-X-1
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
190X5 RPE 9.5
170X5 RPE 9 fuck
170X4 RPE 10
Well, I don't know how I got the 190X5 but it was amazing. After that, I had nothing left. I'm going to stay there and they to add volume until the next deload.

D. Pullup Fun (30s between sets)
Grip 1X14
Grip 2X7
Grip 3X5
Grip 4X3

I'm happy with the progress I've made on my OHP strength. Now, I need to build the volume. I'm happy with everything rise right now as well. DL is fine where it's at for now. I think what will really allow my lifts to increase is getting my OHP, front squat, and Coan Row up. 

2 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

I can't wait to see this phase grind you down.

You'll never get to 500+ with light Fsquats, tho...

Hopefully they'll be heavy front squats eventually lol. Knee pain was the first order of business.

I'm doing FS Monday, full HB squat Wed, and comp squat Friday. 

You're right, though, probably, if you're thinking that I'll need more specific work to heavy squatting and less overall work. I'm just not there with the quads yet.  

Heavy squats make heavy squats. Many squats make heavy quads.

So squat more and heavier.

Hit the leg press afterwards and grind yourself down a little bit more. 

Also, if your shit-tastic gym has a prowler or sled of some sort, that can be a wonderful quad stimulus, too. 

39 minutes ago, Emperor G_D said:

Heavy squats make heavy squats. Many squats make heavy quads.

So squat more and heavier.

Hit the leg press afterwards and grind yourself down a little bit more. 

Also, if your shit-tastic gym has a prowler or sled of some sort, that can be a wonderful quad stimulus, too. 

Well put.

I WISH they had some implements. Gym changes will be happening soon though. I've gotta see what the new work gym looks like then decide if I need to get a membership at one of the serious gyms in the bigger neighboring city. About time to step away from the shit-gym.

WEEK 17- INTENSIFICATION/SQUAT REBUILD- DAY 3

A. Low Bar Back Squat, controlled tempo, ramping 5 reps @RPE 9.5. Reduce weight 10% and do backoff sets until RPE 9 again.
385x5 RPE 8.5
345x5x3

B. Narrow Grip Bench Press, 5 reps, 1-X-1-1
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
At the end of the last set, do a flye stretch like you did on Day 1 using dumbbells
245x5 RPE 6ish...just being safe on my way back up
225x5x4

C. Band Pullapart ss/band pullover
3x15/15

D. Supine curl+hammer curl
20x15+15x3

I did an extra workout last night for the pec and a little mobility but can't remember the details and don't feel like posting it.

Today I have zero knee pain from yesterday's session. In fact, I hardly feel like I trained yesterday. My chest feels good. I can start pushing it. I'll probably pump up my chest and quads today and do an extended mobility routine then do NOTHING tomorrow.

EXTRA WORKOUT

Pushup (5-1-5-1)

X5

X3

DB Floor Press

15X50X2

Goblet Squat+stretch

20X10X2

BSS eccentric only (5s eccentric)

X5X2

Knee to wall ankle stretch

X15ea

Hip tilts to wall

X15ea

Band shoulder dislocates

X15

10 hours ago, Growth Factor said:

I've been seeing a lot of these "Extra workouts" lately around here. You think you're some sort of powerlifter or something? 

Also forgot to mention it, but god damn that OHP. 

LOL well, since they're at RPE 1 I guess I'm not hardcore. Right now they're mainly to take up for my lack of movement.

And THANK YOU. I had a 365-385 bench many times before the pec tear(s). But, never had over a 185 OHP during those times. So, it makes me quite happy.

I felt very nauseated yesterday and today and my training reflected it. We ate a lot of weird stuff and I messed up my gut-friendly diet. Just felt like puking the entire session so I didn't push the volume.  Wanted to bench heavier but I made the smallest justifiable increase without barfing. I am feeling better now and should be on track tomorrow. I'll post the training when I get home.

WEEK 18- SQUAT REBUILD/INTENSIFICATION- DAY 1

A. High Bar Back Squat, full ROM, Ramp with 5s @ RPE 9-9.5 for top set. Drop 10% and do sets until RPE 8 again.
135X5
185X5
225X5
275X1
315X5 RPE 8
275X5X3 RPE 8
Definitely would have done more if I weren't about to yak

B. Competition Bench Press, 5 reps 1-1-X-1:
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
At the end of the last set, use dumbells and allow your arms to drop into a flye and stretch your pecs in that position for 30sec to 1 min (however much you can tolerate)
135X5
185X5
225X5
255X5
225X5X3
meh...not trying today. Again, being whiny and pathetic

C. Coan Row 5 reps 1-1-X-1:
At the end of the last set, stretch your back out in the power rack for at least 1 minute
-just did a bunch. 

Meh day. But, squats are still on the up and knees are still good. Even the warm-up sets aren't hurting much.

Well, the boss didn't want to lift today so she's changing the schedule. I started putting my squat shoes in the gym bag to go alone and she started being mean to me so I said OH SRY BBBBB

I suppose this is fine, because I dropped down to 203 (-7lbs) in 2 days while my stomach was messed up. I spent today trying to carb load but only got up to 206, so another day to refeed is fine by me. I'll just do a little pump session in a minute to keep my appetite going.

Band Squat

X15

Band GM

X15

DB Floor press+flye

100 total w/15s

Band Dislocates

X10X2

Goblet Squat

20X15

Lotsa stretching. Decided to blend some milk, cereal, and butterscotch PB to pack in another 12oz liquid food. I feel so weird when I fill out from being depleted. I can literally see it happen lol

Okay, Pfizer updated me with a timeline setback that I'm unable to accomodate. Therefore, I need to find work to fill the gap. And the insurance thing didn't work out so well once my background came up. Figures. So, I'm going to get to work with whatever I can get for now. I'm still applying for other nice jobs but I just haven't heard anything. My background is really effing me over. That's what you get, though. I'm proud of who I am today and it's not going to prevent me from taking steps toward meaningful employment. Since Pfizer got delayed several months, I don't even know if they know my background yet. I'll just keep grinding. 

I'm a little frustrated. Well, a lot frustrated. My anxiety is bad, but I'm not behaving like I would have in the past. Can't expect things to be easy after all the bad that I've done in my life. Having patience is good, but bills aren't patient.