mwarren

Resurrection of Blu

2 hours ago, Something Anonymous said:

I am not going to ask for details but you may want to check if your state allows for an expungement or for your record to be sealed against background checks. My state allows it for certain things. Best of luck brother. Keep your head up. 

I used to do hard drugs. That should explain everything. I will look into this immediately. Thank you.

Training went exceptionally well, I thought.

WEEK 18- SQUAT REBUILD- INTENSIFICATION- DAY 2

A. Front Squat, full ROM, RPE 9-9.5, 1-0-X-1
95X5
135X5
185X5
225X1
275X5 RPE 9
I've never front squatted 275 for more than 1 rep. I'm happy. 

B. Deadlift 5 reps 1-0-X-1, reset reps
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
385X5 RPE 8.5
335X5 RPE 7
335X5 RPE 8
335X5 RPE 9
Added a set. Need to add another next week.

C. Overhead Press 5 reps 1-1-X-1
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
190X5 RPE 9.2
170X5 RPE 8
170X5 RPE 9
170X4 RPE 10 
Much better than last session. Another week of this will have me all set with my progress on OHP. Would like to hit 170X5 for 4 backdown sets.

D. Pullup Fun (30s between sets)
Grip 1X10 (RPE low)
Grip 2X10
Grip 3X7
Grip 4X3 (RPE high)

Nice, clear progress. I think after next week, I'll have milked what I can before a deload and some subtle changes. It's really too bad I can't push my pec yet because my bench should be nearing PR territory with my OHP progress and scapular stability improvements.

Feelin goooood about training again. Jamie is actually making better progress than I. It feels good when your training works well for somebody. She's finally hitting depth and even front squatted to IPF depth today. And her bench is finally stable-based so we are getting a lot of quality reps in for her. So many goblet squats, face pulls, rows, and mobility drills went into getting her able to perform these movements. I feel so accomplished.

Great progress in the training! 

Sorry to hear about the setbacks in your job hunt. That shit can really suck at times, but maintain your attitude and keep on grinding. 

It's really strange how good things start to happen just when matters seem bleakest. I hope this happens to you soon. Good advice from the lads on here. 

5 hours ago, Something Anonymous said:

Your front squat is incredible. May I ask how old you are? The amount of volume you are doing in one workout is huge. I would be fried. 

Thank you. I'm...32 I think. My volume is actually akin to most 5X5 routines. Much less than 5/3/1 or most of the popular programs if you add up the number of squats or benches or whatever per week. It does seem like a lot when you look at a full body session. It took awhile for me to adapt to it, but I prefer it infinitely so.

3 hours ago, Growth Factor said:

Great progress in the training! 

Sorry to hear about the setbacks in your job hunt. That shit can really suck at times, but maintain your attitude and keep on grinding. 

It's really strange how good things start to happen just when matters seem bleakest. I hope this happens to you soon. Good advice from the lads on here. 

Thanks. 

I seem to grow in some form or fashion every day, so I try not to get down. Anxiety runs deep in the family but I'm not willing to accept that anxiety isn't something we first decide upon ourselves.

46 minutes ago, mwarren said:

Thanks. 

I seem to grow in some form or fashion every day, so I try not to get down. Anxiety runs deep in the family but I'm not willing to accept that anxiety isn't something we first decide upon ourselves.

So just don't worry? Why didn't I think of that!! 🤔

12 hours ago, mwarren said:

Yes. I did complete a course to get it erased, so I thought, but it comes up. 

If you did a course to facilitate expungement, it should not show up. Mine does not after doing the same, though I did not have anything above an infraction. As our anonymous friend mentioned, every state is different, so that's not much help for you. Know the law and maybe ask him to look at your background check or pull your own to see what actually comes up.

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

So just don't worry? Why didn't I think of that!! 🤔

Lol I actually do challenge the conventional thought that anxiety is a completely subconscious and uncontrollable outcome of a stressor. Fear, yes. Anxiety, no. And I'm not saying I can do this. I just don't submit to it on the basis that I surely can do nothing about it if I did.

1 hour ago, Emperor G_D said:

If you did a course to facilitate expungement, it should not show up. Mine does not after doing the same, though I did not have anything above an infraction. As our anonymous friend mentioned, every state is different, so that's not much help for you. Know the law and maybe ask him to look at your background check or pull your own to see what actually comes up.

Yea, I have a certificate and everything. However, I was told explicitly about that which was supposed to be erased by the insurance agency. I'm trying to figure out what I need to do. I imagine a day running around the court house. 

When I pull up my public record, I don't see it, but I see the other 3 pages of infractions and misdemeanors. Quite curious. I'll just start with records at the court house. Luckily, everything on my record happened in the same court district.

Did the insurance company specifically tell you what they found objectionable? That's where you need to start. If they said "your felony", and you were supposed to have it expunged, then find out why it wasn't expunged (note: there is a process in CA where you can expunge a felony, but it's not the same as taking a diversion course and getting an infraction wiped clean. It takes many years and character witnesses and actual proof that you're not the same person who got felonies, etc.).

2 hours ago, mwarren said:

Lol I actually do challenge the conventional thought that anxiety is a completely subconscious and uncontrollable outcome of a stressor. Fear, yes. Anxiety, no. And I'm not saying I can do this. I just don't submit to it on the basis that I surely can do nothing about it if I did.

There are things you can do to deal with it, and things you can do to help alter your mindset, but sometimes those things only help. Sometimes it's a thing that you don't have much control over, like some people are with depression; could be neurotransmitter related, or gut health related, who knows. There's certainly more to it than just making a choice. And I can say this much - I never decided to have anxiety, because it's pretty fucking awful.

54 minutes ago, Emperor G_D said:

Did the insurance company specifically tell you what they found objectionable? That's where you need to start. If they said "your felony", and you were supposed to have it expunged, then find out why it wasn't expunged (note: there is a process in CA where you can expunge a felony, but it's not the same as taking a diversion course and getting an infraction wiped clean. It takes many years and character witnesses and actual proof that you're not the same person who got felonies, etc.).

Yea, they brought up the possession felony specifically. They also brought up other stuff. But the way it was explained to me by my lawyer at the time was that only police or judges would be able to see that felony after I completed the rehabilitation program. I feel like I was either misled or that this company had specific access based on the financial nature of the job. I was utterly embarrassed, though, and it wasn't fair. I bet you're onto something as far as a process I need to go through to hide that fucker. Perhaps completion of that course only granted the ability to get it washed, but didn't wash it itself. I'm going to the courthouse Monday to see what I need to do. I did not have my wits about me at the time things went down, so I'm open to the suggestion that I either missed something or misunderstood something.

14 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

There are things you can do to deal with it, and things you can do to help alter your mindset, but sometimes those things only help. Sometimes it's a thing that you don't have much control over, like some people are with depression; could be neurotransmitter related, or gut health related, who knows. There's certainly more to it than just making a choice. And I can say this much - I never decided to have anxiety, because it's pretty fucking awful.

It is awful. Which is why I'm open to unconventional thought about it. 

20 hours ago, mwarren said:

Yea, they brought up the possession felony specifically. They also brought up other stuff. But the way it was explained to me by my lawyer at the time was that only police or judges would be able to see that felony after I completed the rehabilitation program. I feel like I was either misled or that this company had specific access based on the financial nature of the job. I was utterly embarrassed, though, and it wasn't fair. I bet you're onto something as far as a process I need to go through to hide that fucker. Perhaps completion of that course only granted the ability to get it washed, but didn't wash it itself. I'm going to the courthouse Monday to see what I need to do. I did not have my wits about me at the time things went down, so I'm open to the suggestion that I either missed something or misunderstood something.

Yeah, I think you need to follow a procedure after your rehab in order for the felony to go away. A lawyer should be able to clear it up. This might make sense to do, since you're ready to do the insurance thing...

On 4/27/2019 at 7:13 AM, STENDEC said:

He started hanging around with us when he was 12 I am pretty sure.

Lol it was like sneaking into an adult club. You guys seemed like a secret society of enhanced people. It was so fascinating to me coming from bb.com. Everybody was talking about leptin and insulin and thyroid hormones and people were using big words regarding training and there was an air of elitedness. I felt so honored to be a part of this higher society. 

As it turns out, there were just a bunch of smart, functioning drug addicts, a few guys that really know how to train, everyone knew how to abuse pubmed, and most contributed to a big circle jerk of pretentious degenerates that fit in online communities better than in real life social groups.

Our proud roots: racism, sesathin, leptigen, deadlifts, and superiority complex.

WEEK 18- INTENSIFICATION/SQUAT REBUILD- DAY 3

A. Low Bar Back Squat, controlled tempo, ramping 5 reps @RPE 9.5. Reduce weight 10% and do backoff sets until RPE 9 again.
395X5 RPE 8.5
355X5X3 RPE 10 last rep
I'll go up to 405 next week then stay there for the new microcycle while I do things to involve the quads more.

B. Narrow Grip Bench Press, 5 reps, 1-X-1-1
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
At the end of the last set, do a flye stretch like you did on Day 1 using dumbbells
245X5 RPE 6 
225X5
I mobilized my pec a LOT so it was tender. I'm saving it for Monday.

C. Band Pullapart ss/band pullover
3x17/17
That actually got pretty hard.

D. DB Curl, NG
15x100 total reps ea

Haven't been pushing the pec much but I've been working on it really hard with a softball. Visually, I see tissues reorganize toward a healthy appearance. The fibers are aligning. So I'm going to continue what I'm doing and take a hit on strength for now. 

@Tomahawk007 are you still around?

EXTRA WORKOUT

DB Curl

15X30 SG

15X30 NG

10X30 SG

Band 3-D Pullapart

X15X2

DB Floor Press

15X40X2

Duffin squat warm up X10min

Found one of the old Wendler videos where Dave would bug him with stupid questions. It was about Xtra Workouts lol. I think I put it on FB. Those guys together were so fun. 

Ya a few days ago I popped my head in here and looked around to see if the forum was still active. Hadn't been on in over a year. Made my first post last night haha. Good to see you are still strong and lean. Good luck with the job search.

7 hours ago, Tomahawk007 said:

Ya a few days ago I popped my head in here and looked around to see if the forum was still active. Hadn't been on in over a year. Made my first post last night haha. Good to see you are still strong and lean. Good luck with the job search.

I'm not even in my final form, bro