mwarren

Resurrection of Blu

Late update...so I'm "sick again" and don't want to talk about it but to sum it up, my liver ain't too chipper and I'm going to a more special specislist. I'm not in pain, general fatigue, everything could still be fine so let's just not give Mike a pitty party and move along. Please.

Decided it would be a good week to take a deload since my viral load is high at the moment. Going to be implementing 1/2 board bench on the first training day of the week instead of comp bench to depth. This is to spare that last little bit of stretch that aggravates the pec. Will implement push press instead of strict press on day 2. Day 3 will be the same.

WEEK 19- DELOAD- DAY 1

(NO BACKDOWN SETS DURING DELOAD)

A. High Bar Back Squat, full ROM, Ramp with 5s @ RPE 9-9.5 for top set. Drop 10% and do sets until RPE 8 again.

135X5

185X5

225X5

275X1

295X5 RPE lowww

B. 1/2 board Press, comp grip, 5 reps 1-1-X-1:

Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again

At the end of the last set, use dumbells and allow your arms to drop into a flye and stretch your pecs in that position for 30sec to 1 min (however much you can tolerate)

135X5

185X5

225X5

245X5 RPE: lowww

Felt very comfortable

C. Coan Row 5 reps 1-1-X-1:

Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again

65X5

155X5

205X5X2 RPE: low

The viral load does affect my energy but not my strength. Apparently training is keeping my lipids good somehow. I was heavily advised to keep doing whatever I've been doing.

Well, I guess a quick health update is in order. I need a liver biopsy. Seems there's something else going on. I don't want to get into details but I'm done bulking for now and need to focus on this. Things might be getting a little rocky. I'm just going to lift and eat healthy foods and take D3/TUDCA. I am going off trt and not putting anything else other than healthy food in my body. It'll be fun. I've been wanting to do this for awhile anyway. 

Just now, STENDEC said:

Do you still have Hep C or did you finish the million dollar cure?

Still have it and getting worse. Something is wrong.

2 hours ago, STENDEC said:

Did you complete a course of Simprevir?

No, they never started it because my viral load had been phasic which makes no sense, and the law doesn't allow them to treat it if there's an underlying issue 

Basically, I've been quiet about it but there's been some spikes in issues and normally there is only 1 acute phase of the virus. So, the virus is doing something odd and conventional treatment doesn't work on elevated levels during the acute phase, and I'm back in the acute phase somehow. 

WEEK 19- DELOAD- DAY 2
(NO BACKDOWN SETS DURING DELOAD)

A. Front Squat, full ROM, RPE 9-9.5, 1-0-X-1
95X5
135X5
185X5

B. Deadlift 5 reps 1-0-X-1, reset reps
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
65X5X2
95X5
175X5
265X5

C. Push Press 5 reps 1-1-X-1
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
65X5X2
100X5X2

D. Pullup Fun (30s between sets)
Grip 1X7 (RPE low)
Grip 2X7
Grip 3X6
Grip 4X5 (RPE moderate)

Man, viral load is exhausting at the moment. Took it super easy today. This should pass shortly. 

I'll note that I am down to 200lbs already. I'm trying to eat but it's...not easy. I'm just going to keep on the best I can.

Well, since they refuse to pay me a penny for unemployment, and I haven't worked for, what...3 months?...I had to get a shitjob while waiting on my prospects. 

Here's the kicker....the insurance offered is so bad that everything is out of pocket until $6k. And I need insurance right now. With immediate expense coverage. The insurance I have through Medicaid will be taken away if I start working, but I can't afford to go another week without income for my house.

Life is super great sometimes.

Sounds like you'd be better off on a county health plan than your work-offered insurance. They should be able to cover low-income unlike the medicaid no-income coverage.

Two years ago, ACA coverage would have been decent enough and affordable enough for you, but some very powerful people fucked that up for you.

On 5/4/2019 at 11:46 AM, Emperor G_D said:

Sounds like you'd be better off on a county health plan than your work-offered insurance. They should be able to cover low-income unlike the medicaid no-income coverage.

Two years ago, ACA coverage would have been decent enough and affordable enough for you, but some very powerful people fucked that up for you.

You're god damned right. I post-poned starting work while a DHS worker tries to figure out the best option for me as I told her not working is making me depressed and working anywhere with a quick offer probably has shit insurance and the biopsy I need will run through whatever the out-of-pocket is on any insurance. 

At the end of the day, I'm glad that I even have options, grim as it may seem at times. Just another test for me trying to make the right choices and staying on a path for better employment. 

Weight is staying around 198. Appetite still very low. I am feeling better, though. Just an opportunity to moderate my weight and stabilize my strength. 

I forgot to post my last deload session so I hope this is close, knowing that I really wasn't feeling good:

WEEK 19- DELOAD- DAY 3
IGNORE INSTRUCTIONS FOR LOAD AND RPE DURING DELOAD

A. Low Bar Back Squat, controlled tempo, ramping 5 reps @RPE 9.5. Reduce weight 10% and do backoff sets until RPE 9 again.
335X5

B. Narrow Grip Bench Press, 5 reps, 1-X-1-1
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
At the end of the last set, do a flye stretch like you did on Day 1 using dumbbells
225X5X2

C1. Cable Row Face Pull (rope attachment)
50X12X4

C2. Low Cable Row (rope attachment)
50X15X4

D. DB Press/flye combo
35X15X2

E. Some sort of crunch done lying on a bench with the legs up, reaching each leg at a time with the opposite arm. Don't know what they're called but it seemed like a functionally good movement for developing peak contraction by shortening the muscle at both ends.
2X12

I really liked the superset of rows with face pulls. After the face pulls, the rows really hit some hard to get back muscles with a light weight. I think I like it enough to keep it in. 

Gonna lift in a little bit. Not sure how it'll go. Maybe just fine.

WEEK 20- INTENSIFICATION- DAY 1

JUST 1 BACKDOWN SET TODAY SINCE I'M STILL JAUNDICE

A. High Bar Back Squat, full ROM, Ramp with 5s @ RPE 9-9.5 for top set. Drop 10% and do sets until RPE 8 again.

135X5

185X5

225X5

275X2

325X5 RPE 9

285X5 RPE 8

Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again

At the end of the last set, use dumbells and allow your arms to drop into a flye and stretch your pecs in that position for 30sec to 1 min (however much you can tolerate)

135X5

185X5

225X5

275X5 RPE 9

225X5 RPE 6

Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again

65X5

155X5

335X5 RPE 9.5

265X5 RPE 6

D. Seal Crunch w/DB in hands

20X8reps damn lol

Well, fuck abs. Everything else feet good despite having no stamina and losing 13lbs. I think I lost minimal strength. Maybe none. 

WEEK 20- INTENSIFICATION- DAY 2

A. Front Squat, full ROM, RPE 9-9.5, 1-0-X-1
95X5
135X5
185X5
225X2
275X5 RPE 9
Tried it again at the lower body weight. Seems I didn't lose strength. 

B. Deadlift 5 reps 1-0-X-1, reset reps
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
-I'm going to start practicing sumo since I think I will be able to get to 600 faster that way. Worked up to 405 which was easy but I need to drill technique.
Bunch of back down sets.

C. Push Press 5 reps 1-1-X-1
Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again
185X5 RPE 8-9
165X5 RPE 7
165X5 RPE 8
165X6 RPE 9
Haven't done these seriously in years so it'll take awhile before I get my hip drive synchronized with the press. 

Pullup
-skipped due to time. Teaching Jamie how to keep a healthy sleep schedule. Very important for her health. I'll do some upper back work at home.

On 5/7/2019 at 10:45 PM, mwarren said:

JUST 1 BACKDOWN SET TODAY SINCE I'M STILL JAUNDICE

Are you taking any liver supps? Looks like TUDCA specifically might be very helpful.

There's not a lot else that will help...in fact, some evidence that antioxidants like NAC might make the virus replicate faster. Milk thistle doesn't appear to be helpful either.

3 hours ago, STENDEC said:

There's not a lot else that will help...in fact, some evidence that antioxidants like NAC might make the virus replicate faster. Milk thistle doesn't appear to be helpful either.

I'm glad you told me that, sir!! 

WEEK 20- INTENSIFICATION- DAY 3

A. Low Bar Back Squat, controlled tempo, ramping 5 reps @RPE 9.5. Reduce weight 10% and do backoff sets until RPE 9 again.
135X5
185X5
225X5
275X3
315X1
365X1
405X4.... forgot how to count. Was feeling heavy anyway. RPE 9

B. Narrow Grip Bench Press, 5 reps, 1-X-1-1
Work up to heaviest 5 reps that don't hurt pec. Drop 10% and get volume in within reason.
At the end of the last set, do a flye stretch like you did on Day 1 using dumbbells
95X5
135X5
185X5
225X3
255X5 RPE 7

C. Long ROM Cable Row (long bar attachment)
120X14 pronated + 7 supinated
1 min rest
80X15 pronated + 8 supinated

D1. RG tricep cable pushdown
-10 reps of something

D2. BB Curl
45x15

I'll do more arm volume next time. My arms have shrunk a bit. Really noticing it in the shirt sleeves.

It's good to know I haven't lost much strength. I think it's good that I can't push the bench press. It's like forcing me to use my resources for the shit that matters. Need to get hammering my quads and lats.

Should also note that I skipped backdown sets in order to train Tuesday and catch the schedule back up.

14 hours ago, Growth Factor said:

That was a sexy bench @ 275x5 against the half board. Pec must be feeling ok these days? 

It's feeling good but my confidence with its integrity is not great. I think my true 5RM is 315 but I am afraid to go above a certain MU recruitment. I'm going to try to get some video soon and really iron out my form, give it some volume with these type of weights for now, and worry about pushing it up just before the meet. I can always hit at least 365 with a month of specialization which is "good enough" for a meet at 198lbs. It just makes sense to focus on the other 2 lifts for me right now. 

Perhaps when I am in a better financial position for alternative therapies, increasing my bench may be a reality again.

WEEK 21- INTENSIFICATION- DAY 1

TRIED ADDING THE BACKDOWN SETS BUT I'LL BE LIMITED BY ENERGY FROM THE HEP C DRAINING ME

A. High Bar Back Squat, full ROM, RPE 9-9.5, drop 10% for backoff sets until RPE 9 achieved.

135X5

185X5

225X5

275X2

325X5 RPE 9

290X5 RPE 8

290X5 RPE 9

Repeated last week while adding volume. Not bad since I lost a little more weight. Also increased the weight of the backoff set to the correct amount called for.

Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again

At the end of the last set, use dumbells and allow your arms to drop into a flye and stretch your pecs in that position for 30sec to 1 min (however much you can tolerate)

135X5

185X5

225X5

275X5 RPE 9

245X5 RPE 7

245X5 RPE 9

Same deal as squats. Repeat of last week with higher (correct) weight on backoff sets and more volume. Felt great, just gassed.

Do one set @ RPE 9-9.5, then drop the weight 10% and do sets until you hit RPE 9-9.5 again

65X5

155X5

335X5 RPE 9.5

265X5 RPE 8

265X5 RPE 9

D1. DB clean 

15X20X2

D2. Band Pullapart

LightX20X2

PHEW. I'm really drained and my weight is now 194. I have no TRT going on now so water weight is a big part of that. It's going to be up to my mental state from now on.