mwarren

Resurrection of Blu

Did a little BFR arm shit. More DB External rotations. Just trying to "feed the muscles." Taking tomorrow off then hopefully my biopsy-ed area feels good enough to squat heavy on Sunday. I think it was good days ago but you never know.

I ran my nuts into the dirt today. Still not 100% able to produce good IAP. As a result, my heavy squats suffered. But, I think they were good considering I just switched to high bar for all my squats. My quads were working! I buried my first rep of 405 too low so I tried to shorten my next rep. It barely hit depth but it threw my groove off. And with poor IAP, it was a real grinder. Didn't buckle over, but it is still quite clear that my quads are not strong enough.

Squat

45X10

135X5

185X5

225X5

275X3

315X2

365X1

405X2 

Wide Stance GM

295X5X3

Oly Squat

185X22 motherfuck. Lol

Manual Leg Curl

BW-red and green bandsX9-10X3

Spanish Squat

25X20X2

I tried the manual leg curls on the lat pulldown machine but the pad is just too small. It's too bad because I really want to have more TUT through the top half of the movement. I'm slowly getting better at them, though, so I'm sure slowly adding time to my eccentrics will work. 

Okay switching out the bamboo bench for straight weight for this wave. Need to feel some heavy weight. But I will absolutely be going back to bamboo bench to keep building.

Bench

95X10

135X5

185X5

225X4

275X3

315X2

I was surprised. Haven't touched over 215 until this day. Pec felt good. This was the weight at which my pecs start to be the weak link.

Pullup

BWX12 grip 1

BWX12 grip 2

BWX13 grip 3

Press

165X5

135X5X2

Cable Row

60X8

80X8

100X8

120X8

140X8

Pec Deck

150X15X2

Face Pull and Press

50X8

40X15

30X15

Incline DB Curl

15X20

20X13

I was shocked at my bench. Things must be going well. Pullups are also feeling good...I hit a stride with them and they're feeling more fluid.

Had to cut things a little short today because Ms. Grumpy was getting whiny. She's about to start training by herself.

CAT Squat

45X10

135X6

185X4

225X2

265X2X8

Front Squat, dropset!

285X2 PR? to

235X5 to

185X5 to

135X10

RDL

155X20X2 

Lower back was tender so I pumped it

Leg Extension

85X20X2

Lying Leg Curl

120X12

80X12

Done. Kind've a bro session.

Lifted solo tonight and everything went a lot better. Got done in half the time. Too bad it won't last...

CAT Bench

45X12

95X7

135X5

175X3

205X3X6

Pullup

BWX13 grip 1

BWX13 grip 2 reached failure

BWX13 grip 3 reached failure 

DB Bench

75X15 maybe 1 RIR

75X14 reached failure

75X9 or 10 reached failure

I killed my last performance. 

Wide DD Bar Cable Long Row

80X12

100X10

120X10

140X10

160X10 reached failure

Back Raise

0X10X4

For reasons

Bradford Press

45X10X3 

I counted front press+btn press as 1 rep. So, lots of reps. Trying something after talking to Kim. May not work with my shoulders but we'll see. Felt great, though.

Strict Hammer Curl

35X10 last rep failure

30X10

25X10 last rep failure

DB Ext Rotations

10X10ea

You'll see I'm trying to hit or get near failure on my accessory work. This is with zero psychological arousal. I don't recommend this blanketly but I have a problem with leaving too many reps in the tank and not pushing myself because I hate high reps. Which is anything over 3, historically. I will generally leave 1 RIR on the assistance once I'm relieved of my lazy handicap. It shouldn't hurt on the accessories anyways and I'm far from even needing a deload, and that's the reasons about the reasons for my reasons.

23 hours ago, STENDEC said:

I'll give you this Blu: you have better self-awareness than 90% of the lifters out there.

Well, I don't know if it's because I'm all fast-twitch/small structure or what, but I can tear a muscle so easily if I push hard. So I've had to learn a lot about what intensities and fatigues I can handle over periods of time. Being aware is good, and thanks for the complement, but it can cause issues in its own way. I think reading too many training books or studies or watching training vlogs sets up too many parameters in my head and it can prevent me from being aggressive when I probably should be.

As far as training today:

Did a little pumping to aid in recovery. 

Squat

Bradford Press

Back Raise

Bench

Lat Pulldown

Face Pull

Did 2-4 sets of 20-30 reps of each with either just the bar or minimal weight.

Light stretching, lots of foam rolling my pec. 

Tomorrow, off. Sunday is big skwaaat day and I'm fucking ready to kill it. I am getting into a groove with my new mechanics and I need to redeem my last heavy performance. I might even have some green tea PreWO if I wanna get dangerous.

16 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Sometimes having read too much training shit sets you up for analysis paralysis.

I knew you'd know what I meant. Well, you know me lol. 

All riiiight! Good motherfucking training session today god damnit! Watched some old Rich Piana to get amped up to eat lol. My weight is back up to 190. 

It did go very well, however I didn't get the volume that I wanted in and had to add 2 more sets of split squats with my 20lb KB at home to get my quad fatigue where I wanted it. Wish I could have done some more leg curls and some abs, but I trained with Jamie and a friend and they are both pussies. Irritates the fuck out of me. Really hinders my training lately because when Jamie is "done," I need to be done as well or deal with her shitty attitude at home. I can't wait to be training on my own again at some point.

Squat

45X20

135X8

185X5

225X5

275X2

315X2

315X1

365X1

405X2.5

Loved this. Last week, I barely muscled up a 2nd rep. This week, I BURIED 2 reps, then, being cocky, paused the 3rd rep in the hole for 3s and couldn't make it all the way back up. Ran out of steam. But, my technique was awesome today and I didn't use my back to muscle up that 3rd rep. So, I'm learning to keep my torso upright. I have a video of the first 2 reps on Jamie's phone. Might have her post it. She stopped recording because I told her I was shooting for 2 reps.

Goodmorning

135X20X3

Rear Foot Elevated Split Squat

20X15X6

I'll go heavier next time. Had to get the form down. That's why 6 sets. 

Manual Leg Curl

Green BandX10X2

DB Curl

10X20

Feeder

Another interview tomorrow for Pfizer again. I better FUCKING get this job. 

5 hours ago, STENDEC said:

Did you get the biopsy results?

Yes, I thought I had shared but I probably forgot. 

Biopsy and accompanying ultrasound revealed nothing. My liver is in excellent shape again somehow. The size grant reduced since the last ultrasound and my enzymes are almost normal. Just waiting on the insurance company to decline me. They said they wouldn't pay for medication unless my biopsy showed at least level 2 fibrosis. I have zero fibrosis. We'll have to see how that plays out. When I get a job, though, that insurance will cover some.

11 hours ago, mwarren said:

Yes, I thought I had shared but I probably forgot. 

Biopsy and accompanying ultrasound revealed nothing. My liver is in excellent shape again somehow. The size grant reduced since the last ultrasound and my enzymes are almost normal. Just waiting on the insurance company to decline me. They said they wouldn't pay for medication unless my biopsy showed at least level 2 fibrosis. I have zero fibrosis. We'll have to see how that plays out. When I get a job, though, that insurance will cover some.

Wonderful to hear. 😊

Here's some eating inspirational video for you.

10 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

Sounds like you're strangely on the mend. Are you doing anything for it aside from lifting, resting and eating? Supps and whatnot?

Just the TUDCA+taurine that you/Ben recommend awhile back. I think stopping the TRT made a big difference. My doctor said TRT doses of up to 200mg per week don't seem to elevate liver enzymes dangerously, at least in his experience with the few trt patients he's had. But he said for me, taking any trt at all would cause elevation in enzymes because of the stress on the tissues from the hep virus. So, my test is probably still really low, but I am able to get a good boner again so it has recovered at least enough. 

Another good session, though it wasn't a PR day. I guess my pullup volume was a PR. I'm just pleased with the consistency. One more week of the cycle/wave before I go back to bamboo benching for my heavy day and I'll do it for squatting this time, too. One thing I learned from this cycle is that I need to choose a weight I can hit for 3 reps at RPE 9 for my first day of the microcycle. That way I can build it up to 5 over 3 weeks. This cycle, the weights were too heavy and its harder to make progress from a 1RM and adding reps to it than starting with a 4RM. Lesson learned. I'm going to keep doing 3-4 week waves of bamboo work followed by 3 week waves of bringing a top set of 3 up to a top set of 5 or more. The bamboo work really added muscle and got me a lot stronger. Then, I need to to the heavy work to keep neural efficiency. Of course this will change when I get closer to the meet. I'm going to keep waving the CAT days in 3-4 week cycles throughout until I'm close to the meet as well. At 6-8 weeks out (so November) I'll have Kim help me peak so I don't fuck it up. I'll pay for another gym membership in the neighboring city so I can deadlift at that time.

Alright, so now that my plan is explained, here was today:

Bench

45X20

95X10

135X8

185X5

225X4

275X2

275X1 

315X3 technically a PR but Jamie put her hands on it in fear that my pec would get hurt. It slowed down. It usually doesn't.

Pullup

BWX14 grip 1

BWX14 grip 2

BWX14 grip 3 had to rest-pause at the end but I'm getting good at these again! Slowly but surely...

Press

95X12

95X10

95X9

Couldn't go heavy today. Just needed a break. 

Incline Prone DB Row

20X20

50X12X2

Shit, those are a nice movement! Mikey likey

Cable Crossover

(Something light)X20

Strict Hammer Curl

40X8

30X8

20X12

At home:

DB Ext Rotation

10X12X2

Pushup

0X15

Supine DB Curl

10X30

Single Leg Standing Calf Raise

0X15X2

Standing Calf Raise

0X30x2

I'm on a mission for that hyper trophy until November

11 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Wonderful to hear. 😊

Here's some eating inspirational video for you.

Isn't that just how you're supposed to eat papa john's pizza?

As an aside, it's sad to see one of the former greats reduced to shilling Papa Johns pizza.

9 hours ago, mwarren said:

Just the TUDCA+taurine that you/Ben recommend awhile back. I think stopping the TRT made a big difference. My doctor said TRT doses of up to 200mg per week don't seem to elevate liver enzymes dangerously, at least in his experience with the few trt patients he's had. But he said for me, taking any trt at all would cause elevation in enzymes because of the stress on the tissues from the hep virus. So, my test is probably still really low, but I am able to get a good boner again so it has recovered at least enough. 

I just don't see how transdermal TRT would impact liver enzymes at all.

13 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

I just don't see how transdermal TRT would impact liver enzymes at all.

I don't think it does in healthy people since it bypasses 1st pass metabolism but I took it out based on his order. Like I mentioned before, I argued with him about keeping a little something going and he was having none of it. My enzymes did go way down after dropping it, but it could have also been the viral load shrinking. But, this is a special case and perhaps the virus prevents the breakdown of cholesterols. I just don't know and can't did instances of TD use with hep C on Google Scholar.

In short, I need to listen to him if I want treatment. Whenever I can go back on, the oral undecanoate option looks favorable if insurance pays for it. The only thing I hate about transdermal is the possibility of transference.

DB Ext Rotation

10X20X2

DB Supine Curl

15X30

DB Strict Hammer Curl

15X30

Standing Calf Raise

BWX30X2

Knee Pushup

X15X2 

I stretched my lower back too much and now it hurts. I hate when I did things that I know are stupid. I'm stupid. I am stupid. Me stupid.

17 hours ago, mwarren said:

I don't think it does in healthy people since it bypasses 1st pass metabolism but I took it out based on his order. Like I mentioned before, I argued with him about keeping a little something going and he was having none of it. My enzymes did go way down after dropping it, but it could have also been the viral load shrinking. But, this is a special case and perhaps the virus prevents the breakdown of cholesterols. I just don't know and can't did instances of TD use with hep C on Google Scholar. 

In short, I need to listen to him if I want treatment. Whenever I can go back on, the oral undecanoate option looks favorable if insurance pays for it. The only thing I hate about transdermal is the possibility of transference.

Transdermal transference is resolved with a t-shirt and a couple of hours. The side-effect profile of the deca stuff makes it uninteresting to me.

7 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

Transdermal transference is resolved with a t-shirt and a couple of hours. The side-effect profile of the deca stuff makes it uninteresting to me.

I found transdermal transference studies going both ways. When I read the actual data, it does seem to be fairly harmless (14% possible recovery of skin was washed pre-application). I'll have to consult Jamie, though, as she was the one freaking out about it. Perhaps if I show her the data then she'll come around. It's not like I'm naked all the time, but when we were intimate while I was using gel, she was being really weird about it.

You'd think she'd be appreciative of a little T boost lol.

CAT Squat

45X12

135X6

185X5

225X2

275X2X8

Trap Bar DL

235X10X4

235X13

Leg Ext, dropset

110X20 to

90X15 to

70X15

Back Raise, dropset

15X25-30 to

0X10

Stopped the wave I was on. The straight weight was just a hair too heavy at the time and I need to potentiate that block with more volume on the heavier squats and bench. So back to bamboo bench and trying bamboo squats on my heavy days. I think hanging weights from bands on squats will be especially helpful for teaching me to push back into the bar and staying upright since the dangling weights will drift forward. Excited to give it a try. I figure I'll shoot for 8 rep range on this wave, then decrease the reps slightly each wave because it'll align with doing 3's right before the pure strength block before the meet. 

I was trying to explain a strength and subsequent peaking block to Jamie and our friend that might do the meet with us. Definitely didn't get through to them. I wish they were interested in Jugernaut's videos.