mwarren

Resurrection of Blu

You may not need that much TUDCA

Hepatology. 1991 Feb;13(2):339-44.
Effects of ursodeoxycholic acid on serum liver enzymes and bile acid metabolism in chronic active hepatitis: a dose-response study.
Crosignani A1, Battezzati PM, Setchell KD, Camisasca M, Bertolini E, Roda A, Zuin M, Podda M.

The effect of ursodeoxycholic acid administration on liver function tests and on bile acid metabolism was investigated in 18 patients with chronic active hepatitis. Three different doses of ursodeoxycholic acid--250 mg, 500 mg and 750 mg--were administered daily to each patient for consecutive 2-mo periods. The order of doses was randomly assigned according to a replicated Latin-square design. A significant decrease in serum transaminases and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase occurred with the lowest dose of ursodeoxycholic acid, which corresponded to 4 mg/kg body wt/day, and no further significant decrease with the higher doses was seen. Biliary bile acid composition was determined by high-performance liquid chromatography and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. At entry the relative proportions of major bile acids were similar to those observed in normal individuals. During treatment the mean percentage of ursodeoxycholic acid in bile (22% with the 250 mg dose, 32% with the 500 mg dose and 34% with the 750 mg dose) was lower than values previously reported for patients with gallstones and normal liver function. The major bile acids were cholic, chenodeoxycholic and deoxycholic acids. A number of unusual bile acids were identified by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, but these accounted for only 3% to 5% of the total and did not change during ursodeoxycholic acid therapy. No correlation between the improvement in liver function tests and the percentage of ursodeoxycholic acid in bile existed. These data suggest that even a slight enrichment of bile with ursodeoxycholic acid, as is attained with 250 mg/day, is effective in improving biochemical markers of liver function in patients with chronic active hepatitis.

PMID: 1671665

TUDCA has TAU in it, but 2gxTID of TAU won't hurt and might help. Or just drink a few rockstars per day. lol

Hepatitis is worrisome and you wouldn't go seeking it, but it's not a death sentence if you've caught it early enough. Best guess is if you've had bloods in the last year and your AST/ALT spiked since then, you can figure out when you got infected is between those two dates. 

1 hour ago, mwarren said:

Yea, there's actually a cure with over 90% success available to me. Going to cost a bit even with insurance. Just need to get my liver through the journey.

Is that the protocol that is like six figures?

4 hours ago, STENDEC said:

Is that the protocol that is like six figures?

Yes. I'm aware of a cheaper protocol that is mostly effective; I will see what my insurance is willing to do first.

My abdomen is feeling almost normal again. I'll be back to normal in another week or so and start doing vids again. I'll figure out how to post them in here.

I've been training with a keen proprioception and have made some progress still. I can't believe it given the gigantic liver stuffing my insides, but I'll take it. Here's what I did today:

Squat 

255x5x3

Press

125x5x3

DL

255x5x3

Bench

155x5x3

GHR

35x8

x8

Chinup w/fat gripz

BWx3x4 can't do much until liver shrinks some more

Incline DB Press

30x20x2 deep stretch w/ dead stop

Face Pull

?x15x2

Man, it felt really good today and I wanted to do a bit more. I think I will be able to start using better weight on most things here soon. I may take it slower on bench as far as weight goes but may focus more on volume for progression so I can get the torn pec built up before trying to put any more plates on just to feed my ego. Squat,though, is feeling ready to take off after a couple more weeks of mobility work while my hip and back keep healing.

I'm optimistic as fuck right now since my hep viral load is almost zero :)

I'll figure out how to post them in here.

Post to instagram. Click on the bubble menu (in Android), and select 'copy link'. Post link in a post, here. Once you paste it in, press the space bar, and it should auto-embed.

For my most recent video, I just paste the text link

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmtBsK8hdFL/

and it does all the work for me.

On 8/20/2018 at 3:26 PM, Emperor G_D said:

Good to hear you're feeling better. What's the long-term prognosis for your condition?

Unfortunately, I won't know until labs done 4 months from now. I guess it can have a curious coming and going. He's thinking I'm one of the 20% of people who can fight it off without meds or long term issues. But we'll see.

On 8/20/2018 at 4:21 PM, STENDEC said:

Spectacular. How did you make this happen?

Honestly, I'm guessing the consistent training and food quality helped. I don't over-ingest any vitamins or supplements. Only taking TUDCA, tuarine, greens powder, and baking soda. Diet is 150g pro, 500g carbs, 150g fat. Ish. 

Edit: and 10g EAAs during training and 1000mg EPA worth of fish oil every morning

My innards (cough) are substantially better. Wanted to make a bigger jump in weights but honestly I'm getting the training response I need from the progression I've been doing. So  yes, my legs actually got a little sore from squatting just 255x5x3 the other day. I'm just that weak.

Volume waved down today

Squat

265x5

Press 

135x5

DL

265x5

Bench

165x5

Chinup w/Fat Gripz

BWx4

BWx5x2

GHR

BWx10x2

Incline DB Bench

30x15x2

YTW

8x10+8+10

DB Curl supine+neutral

25x10+10

Squat

265x5x2

Press 

135x5x2

DL

265x5

Bench

165x5x2

Chinup w/Fat Gripz

BWx3x6 prone, supine, neutral

GHR

BW+20x8x2

Incline DB Bench

35x15x2

YTW

8x12+12+12

DB Curl supine+neutral

25x12+10

Damn, I feel good. Need to get footage next session. Keep running short on time. Guess I shouldn't say I'll do it then lol. 

Squat

265x5x3

Easaaay. Need to add 15lbs.

Press 

135x5x3

Not easy enough. Only going up 5lbs next wave

DL

265x5 

Easy

Bench

165x5x3

Okay, I must be healing really well with something I'm doing. Pec feels amazing and safe. Still, just going to add 10lbs to be safe.

Chinup w/Fat Gripz

BWx5x5 

I'll try to hit 25 reps for the next 3 sessions as well then start adding weight. 

GHR

BW+20x10x2

Need to work up to sets of 15 before I add weight

Incline DB Bench

35x20x2

YTW

8x15+15+15

DB Curl supine+neutral

25x12+12

4 hours ago, Emperor G_D said:

Are you doing all of this in a single session? 

Yup. 3x per week. On the big lifts I go from 1 set on the first session with a new weight to 3 sets on the 3rd session, then wave back down when I add weight again. DL stays at only 1 set. The other stuff is at very low effort. It's actually quite easy to recover from each wave at this point but the RPE is still low. I may have to think about splitting things up or changing things when it gets a bit heavier, but then again the overall volume is pretty low so maybe not.

3 minutes ago, Emperor G_D said:

I doubt it's not having an impact, but for now, it probably helps your conditioning more than it hurts recovery. 

Yea, and I reeeeeally needed the groove work.