mwarren

Resurrection of Blu

Good training today! My pec feels great. Which is awesome reflecting back on all the time I spend working on it every night.  Well, the entire shoulder and connecting muscles. 

Squat

365x5x2

Press

170x5x2

DL

365x1x5

Bench

215x7x2

Pullup, all grips

+25x5x3

Face Pull

30x15x2

Pushup

x15

x20

Some fluff pumping after.

DL is essentially speed work until I peak and assess what needs to come up.

Being overly concerned about numbers like this is what causes certain people to have negative reactions to their lifting, and in some cases, it's the direct cause of ego lifting that ends in pec tears... :)

Slow and steady wins the race.

My knee was hurting after GHR last session, which I forgot to log apparently. Didn't maintain foot position and tightness around my knee on a rep and it really aggravated something.

Did banded leg curls with isometric extension between reps that night and the next 2 nights and now it's perfect. Just thought I'd mention since it worked so well.

This is from the other day. 30 hours ago.

Squat

365x5x3

Press

170x5x2

155x5

Some were PP on the final set

DL

365x1x5 super light. Starting to feel good and competent

Bench

175x8x3 went light to get the volume and take it easy. My upper body was fried from working on the house all night/morning prior. Hence the shitty OHP. But fatigue is fatigue at this stage so it's all good to me

Pullup

x10

Left. Was pretty worn out from painting and building shelves. Can't wait to attack the weights tomorrow. 

Training was awesome last night. Switching to PP on some of my press reps last session to keep my exertion down was a good call. Press was super easy last night as in I felt like I could have done 10 reps. But, I planned on staying at 170lbs so I stuck with it.

Squat

375x5

Press

170x5

DL 

375x1x5 

Bench

225x7 

Amazingly easy. No pain. Man. Itching to go heavy like a crackhead with $20.

Pullup

+25x5

GHR

x20

Pushup

x20

Prehab was just light stuff at home. 

8 hours ago, Niflheim said:

I don't want to make this weird, but I was just chilling on my couch, one hand cradling my dick as I'm wont to do, thinking to myself "i love you too man". So, um, keep up the good work! 

I like you. Lots.

After that pic was taken, the training was:

Pallof Press horizontally

30x6x4

Squat

375x5x2 

Press

170x5x2

DL

375x1x5

Bench

225x7x2

When i drop to 3 rep sets on everything else, I'm only dropping to 5 on bench. I think the shorter ROM is the reason I'm getting a similar training response with higher reps than the other lifts. 

Pullup

+25x5x2, then

Hang 15sec, 1 rep, hang 15 sec, 1 rep

GHR

30x12

Face Pull

TONS of volume with bands

Squat

375x5x3

Felt weak and loose but I haven't been sleeping much and was definitely feeling it

Press

170x5x3

DL

375x1x2

385x1x3

my friend misloaded this weight on the 3rd set so i just kept with it

Bench

225x7x3

Pullup, all grips

+25x5x3

Pushup

x10 pecs toast lol

GHR

+25x10 glutes dead

Band Face Pull

x50 total

I moved to the 3 rep block of my program and have forgotten to update a few sessions. Basically, just sets of 3 instead of 5 and 5 instead of 7 for bench. Used the same weight as my last microcycle of 5's for my first microcycle to dissipate fatigue. Will update later after my session. I'm excited about getting working weights above 405. It will make the last 3 months worth it. I've never been this consistent. Yay.

Time crunch today. Just hit the main movements and got out. Everything was moving quickly and smoothly and I'm really happy with the way things have gone. 

Squat

375x3x3

Press

170x3x3

DL

375x1x3

Bench

225x5x3

I am definitely ready to move into increasing the weights. I don't expect the 3 rep meso will last very long, perhaps 6 weeks? My plan is to increase the weight until I can't recover from the volume at that intensity then cut to singles and have a 2 session deload then peak over a couple weeks of singles training. Then probably some kind of concurrent training with Kim as I go back to higher work loads and build base again.

Oh man I feel great. I've been having decent sleep and it's so orgasmic and unreal. Fuck.

Last night went well. I need to remember my damned chalk but I still got my shit done thanks to the hook being super awesome. But benching with our shitty slidy bar sucked.

Squat

385x3

DL

385x1x3

Press

175x3 remarkably easier after good sleep

Bench

235x5

Pullup

+35x5

GHR

+40x6

Pushup, feet elevated

x20

Band curls and pullaparts

Been busy. Training is on point. I'll skip posting the session before last but here's last session:

Squat

385x3x3 quick and easy. Recorded a set and got way out of position because i was recording and thought it sucked but when I watched it, it looked pretty danged good n fast. I'm only going to jump to 395 though because I feel like I am nearing that line.

Press

175x3x3 

DL

385x1x3 

Some extra down singles. Deads are feeling good. Groove is getting good. I don't know what I'd do without hook grip. It's so hard to keep the bar from drifting otherwise. Guessing my max is in the low 500s area. Can't wait to see if I can push that up.

Bench

-skipped. Pec felt noncompliant during warmups so I did some db bench instead

DB Bench, neutral grip

35x100 reps 

Pullup, all grips

+35x5x3 easy...

Light light beach and other accessory work

Haha people...are so stupid. 

So, we won the vote on legalizing Marijuana and apparently people in Michigan think this means it's legal right now. Going into work blazed and shit. I can't wait to start my shift later and see who is higher than a kite.

38 minutes ago, mwarren said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp5AzW1hzNq/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=qyopdij0n4hg

I can't ever Fucking post videos correctly god damnit I'm seriously mentally retarded with technology

Jesus, what is your fucking problem?

If you copy the URL from instagram, you should end up with something like this: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp5AzW1hzNq/

Just press space bar and it will embed itself...