John250

Proper CBD dosage?

Nootropics Depot is getting into the CBD game now. They have some unusually hyperbolic marketing material for their first CBD product: http://nootropicsdepot.com/nextcbd-cbd-oil-softgels/

From what I understand, Nootropics Depot is a spin-off business from the old Ceretropic company. Ceretropic's supposedly unique edge was their high quality control, though I don't think I ever saw any real QC evidence outside of their founder's claims in Reddit posts.

Their marketing material claims 20x better bioavailability than regular CBD. Regular CBD has an oral bioavailability of 6-16% according to studies I've seen, so by my math this NextCBD has bioavailability of up to... 320%. Kind of disappointing to see Nootropics Depot go the way of other supplement marketing companies, but I suppose there's big money in CBD marketing right now.

6 hours ago, Construct said:

Nootropics Depot is getting into the CBD game now. They have some unusually hyperbolic marketing material for their first CBD product: http://nootropicsdepot.com/nextcbd-cbd-oil-softgels/

From what I understand, Nootropics Depot is a spin-off business from the old Ceretropic company. Ceretropic's supposedly unique edge was their high quality control, though I don't think I ever saw any real QC evidence outside of their founder's claims in Reddit posts.

Their marketing material claims 20x better bioavailability than regular CBD. Regular CBD has an oral bioavailability of 6-16% according to studies I've seen, so by my math this NextCBD has bioavailability of up to... 320%. Kind of disappointing to see Nootropics Depot go the way of other supplement marketing companies, but I suppose there's big money in CBD marketing right now.

The text of their marketing materials now make me want to revisit a lot of the CBD studies I had read in the past. I was pretty sure epileptics were smoking 200-300mg, not eating it, which would make the comparison of their product to 200mg products not make much sense.