Sign in to follow this  
D-termine

Alkalized Kangen Water pt 2

I say part 2 because I asked you guys 10 years ago on MM and was told it was nonsense and have run with that since.  The other day a friend of my sisters started pushing it on her, touting numerous health benefits from digestion to skin improvements, and thankfully I was polite enough to call bullshit in a socially acceptable way. But now she got my sister to watch one of their demo's where tea bags go into solution immediately in Kangen water, oil mixes with it as well, and it pulls color from a cup of cherry tomatoes supposedly removing insecticides and oxidizes idk what. It's a neat parlor trick, saw their whole performance myself back in the day, but the science fell flat when I ran it by you guys.

So from what I understand you can't alter your blood pH from what you consume, but aside from that, what else is wrong with this pyramid scheme scientifically speaking?  Thanks y'all

Your blood pH is managed in a very tight band from about 7.3-7.5 and nothing you can consume by mouth is going to change this. 

That said, there is some evidence that consuming sodium bicarbonate or consuming an "alkalizing diet" does improve physical performance by increasing the lactate buffer.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29855319

So I suppose it is possible that consuming highly alkaline water might have a similar effect, although you can make your own for pennies with a box of Arm & Hammer and a teaspoon....