Sign in to follow this  
Kimbo

Gut Microbiome Extinction

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/how-the-western-diet-has-derailed-our-evolution

"Many who study the microbiome suspect that we are experiencing an extinction spasm within that parallels the extinction crisis gripping the planet. Numerous factors are implicated in these disappearances. Antibiotics, available after World War II, can work like napalm, indiscriminately flattening our internal ecosystems. Modern sanitary amenities, which began in the late 19th century, may limit sharing of disease- and health-promoting microbes alike. Today’s houses in today’s cities seal us away from many of the soil, plant, and animal microbes that rained down on us during our evolution, possibly limiting an important source of novelty."

I actually try to limit my use of antibiotics. And we try to get a good array of various bacteria in our diets. Soups with lots of stuff I don't normally eat, various dairy, fermented stuff. I used to have so many IBS symptoms until I just relaxed and started eating a wide variety of things.