Sign in to follow this  
Tomahawk007

Tomahawk HUGE update with a log

2 hours ago, mwarren said:

I would not carry on a daily basis because of the "what if" scenario ever happens because it probably won't happen and I might get in an argument with somebody on the road and end up pulling that gun out of stupidity. 

The statistics are generally not on the side of the armed citizen....about the same odds of using a gun defensively as being abducted by aliens.

4 hours ago, STENDEC said:

The statistics are generally not on the side of the armed citizen....about the same odds of using a gun defensively as being abducted by aliens.

This is 100% true.  They've also studied and shown that in an active shooter situation where someone runs into a room with a gun, the vast majority of people are unable to even get to their gun, let alone use it effectively in that situation.  Instead, you fumbling around in your pocket or whatever will just make you a likely first target.  None of these types walking around with these pre-emptive justice boners are delta force hard asses, no matter how much swat team cosplay they do and how hard they think they are.

I suppose my opinion on it is that it just creates a bunch of dirty harry wannabes who are too fat, slow, uncoordinated, etc to really do much of anything with it aside from being a danger to themselves.  I just hope for the best that they don't end up being a danger to everyone else around them by being loose cannons who pull their guns out over dumb shit.

In the end, if you need a gun to feel like a big man, good for you I guess and have at it I suppose?  Or my condolences is probably a better relaying of my feelings. 

Well alrighty then we will just move along haha.

Here is my workout from today:

Sumo deadlift 400, 5 sets of 2 reps, was further proof I am ready to get back to conventional deadlifts

Chest supported rows 195 for 9,3,2

Fall pull 80 for 9 mtor

BB curl 125 for 8,3,3,2

I have an odd feeling I will be having some good workouts in the near future.

I wasn't trying to make you feel bad or anything.

I even for the longest time thought about buying a gun that you could use to shoot something from a very long distance because I think it would be a neat thing to get really good at and be able to say "yeah, I can shoot with x accuracy from a mile".  Just the idea of mastering something like that is appealing to me.  I priced a barrett and a tac-50 but realized I wasn't willing to spend 5 years scrimping and saving just to buy the gun only to then deal with the reality that it costs 3 dollars every time I'd shoot it.  Which is to say that I'm not really against guns in general, specifically as a hobby.

With that said, I've never met someone who is gung ho about concealed carry that wasn't a fucking yokel with dreams of being a big hero in the case of an "emergency".  For a lot of these people, an "emergency" could loosely be defined as "some brown folks being in my immediate vicinity and moving too quickly". 

And I've met a whole lot of them who insist on telling everyone they run into how they have their license and gun on them so it's not like they're even subtle about it.  Granted, I know there's a lot who aren't like that but it just goes to show that a lot of people view it as a status symbol.

So yeah, I guess I'm curious, why bother with CCW?  I see almost zero value in it so I'd honestly be curious as to what the appeal is aside from the "man, this is cool" feeling it gives you.  In the end, I view you as mostly reasonable and my experience with CCW has been with the loudmouth douchey types so I have never really heard the argument from someone who the idea of them having a cc permit doesn't scare the shit out of me.

2 minutes ago, Emperor G_D said:

Why move on? Honest questions were asked amongst friends...

I will say I feel like I am the odd man out when it comes to many conversations(speaking in terms of internet and in my everyday life) when it comes to the topic of politically motivated subjects. I would definitely say this would fall under that category.

I will say in the past I was in WAYYYY more sketchy situations when it came to work. Lately I have been working with more buyers I know but still do open houses. Obviously I would not be considered the ideal target BUT if people did what they were expected to do all the time we wouldn't have to worry about crime(a bit of a stretch?).

Bringing a gun into the equation is a last resort. I would almost say reserved until there is a gun already involved. And ideally it is very well concealed to the point where most people won't even notice it.

Side note to what mwarren said, on a general day to day basis interacting with people I am a very level headed person. Yall get the exaggerated internet version of my life that sounds way more dramatic than it actually is.

I would not wrap up who I am based on the fact that I carry a gun or not. Nor do a wrap up my identity in my political leanings or lack there of.

Just to illustrate my point about my life being less than dazzling, I have been overthinking the situation with Bri. If I am being honest in the past I would find girls who I KNEW already liked me and THEN pursue them. Again if I am being honest at the time that left me pursuing girls I was less than ideally physically attracted to. This is not that case. I did not have a whole lot of indication one way or the other. The only thing I knew was the fact that I was 30 didn't seem to phase her so I asked her out. But to the overthinking part it has seemed to be harder to spend time with her since. This weekend it didn't happen. Went from hot to feeling cold to I am not sure right now. She texted me "Can I be honest with you?" And my immediate thought was that she was going to tell me something negative. I think I am at a point where I am surprised she was actually interested. The carefree go for it mentality is gone and the what the crap do I do now has set in.

19 minutes ago, Burton said:

I wasn't trying to make you feel bad or anything.

I even for the longest time thought about buying a gun that you could use to shoot something from a very long distance because I think it would be a neat thing to get really good at and be able to say "yeah, I can shoot with x accuracy from a mile".  Just the idea of mastering something like that is appealing to me.  I priced a barrett and a tac-50 but realized I wasn't willing to spend 5 years scrimping and saving just to buy the gun only to then deal with the reality that it costs 3 dollars every time I'd shoot it.  Which is to say that I'm not really against guns in general, specifically as a hobby.

With that said, I've never met someone who is gung ho about concealed carry that wasn't a fucking yokel with dreams of being a big hero in the case of an "emergency".  For a lot of these people, an "emergency" could loosely be defined as "some brown folks being in my immediate vicinity and moving too quickly". 

And I've met a whole lot of them who insist on telling everyone they run into how they have their license and gun on them so it's not like they're even subtle about it.  Granted, I know there's a lot who aren't like that but it just goes to show that a lot of people view it as a status symbol.

So yeah, I guess I'm curious, why bother with CCW?  I see almost zero value in it so I'd honestly be curious as to what the appeal is aside from the "man, this is cool" feeling it gives you.  In the end, I view you as mostly reasonable and my experience with CCW has been with the loudmouth douchey types so I have never really heard the argument from someone who the idea of them having a cc permit doesn't scare the shit out of me.

Ya I didn't feel bad. More of a "ok well this doesn't look like a productive conversation" lol.

I am by no means someone who thinks everyone should have ccw. I would say I have friends(1 in particular who comes to mind) that comes to mind that when it comes to responsible concealed carry. With that said I expect I have more friends who carry that I don't even know they carry. I would say I didn't consider it before mainly because of who I am.

8 hours ago, STENDEC said:

Yes exactly. I've heard a lot of skewed stats or misused stats from...well since JB is here I won't start lol. But yea, it's a stupid argument. I mean, logic. 

3 hours ago, Burton said:

This is 100% true.  They've also studied and shown that in an active shooter situation where someone runs into a room with a gun, the vast majority of people are unable to even get to their gun, let alone use it effectively in that situation.  Instead, you fumbling around in your pocket or whatever will just make you a likely first target.  None of these types walking around with these pre-emptive justice boners are delta force hard asses, no matter how much swat team cosplay they do and how hard they think they are.

I suppose my opinion on it is that it just creates a bunch of dirty harry wannabes who are too fat, slow, uncoordinated, etc to really do much of anything with it aside from being a danger to themselves.  I just hope for the best that they don't end up being a danger to everyone else around them by being loose cannons who pull their guns out over dumb shit.

In the end, if you need a gun to feel like a big man, good for you I guess and have at it I suppose?  Or my condolences is probably a better relaying of my feelings. 

Lol YES. You know how mad I've made dudes saying that? But, that's what you get when you are up in my grill saying "If a terrorist came in here right now with a gun I'd be able to get em and you'd be saved because of ME." Yea, terrorists are always breaking into my daily routine with guns-a-blazin'. And yea, your scared fumbling ass is going to be the first target. More likely, you'll have shot yourself in the leg before that happens.

Oh, but I ain't talking shit about you Tommy. I don't like the reasoning most people have for carrying a gun around but I am not in your head. If you are in situations where you you need a gun often (drug dealers, thieves, etc) then you need to change your life more likely than get a gun. But sometimes occupation or other circumstances could persuade me. And if you feel it necessary for your occupation, I certainly wouldn't sit here and argue with you because that's what you believe. 

As for the DLs....I thought you'd already made up your mind to go conv like 2 sessions ago lol. Don't waste progression time if your heart ain't in the sumos homie. Just busting your balls. Good session. Good curls. Why do you feel like your workouts are about to get a lot better? Are you going to admit to your gear use now? Hahaha but really what gives?

3 hours ago, Tomahawk007 said:

I will say I feel like I am the odd man out when it comes to many conversations(speaking in terms of internet and in my everyday life) when it comes to the topic of politically motivated subjects. I would definitely say this would fall under that category.

I will say in the past I was in WAYYYY more sketchy situations when it came to work. Lately I have been working with more buyers I know but still do open houses. Obviously I would not be considered the ideal target BUT if people did what they were expected to do all the time we wouldn't have to worry about crime(a bit of a stretch?).

Bringing a gun into the equation is a last resort. I would almost say reserved until there is a gun already involved. And ideally it is very well concealed to the point where most people won't even notice it.

Side note to what mwarren said, on a general day to day basis interacting with people I am a very level headed person. Yall get the exaggerated internet version of my life that sounds way more dramatic than it actually is.

I would not wrap up who I am based on the fact that I carry a gun or not. Nor do a wrap up my identity in my political leanings or lack there of.

Just to illustrate my point about my life being less than dazzling, I have been overthinking the situation with Bri. If I am being honest in the past I would find girls who I KNEW already liked me and THEN pursue them. Again if I am being honest at the time that left me pursuing girls I was less than ideally physically attracted to. This is not that case. I did not have a whole lot of indication one way or the other. The only thing I knew was the fact that I was 30 didn't seem to phase her so I asked her out. But to the overthinking part it has seemed to be harder to spend time with her since. This weekend it didn't happen. Went from hot to feeling cold to I am not sure right now. She texted me "Can I be honest with you?" And my immediate thought was that she was going to tell me something negative. I think I am at a point where I am surprised she was actually interested. The carefree go for it mentality is gone and the what the crap do I do now has set in.

My post was in no way political, it's 100% practical. You're more likely to shoot your fucking dick off than ever use that weapon offensively or defensively. I'm a proud gun owner, FTR. If you're getting scared at open houses, a gun won't make you feel better, because you're either in the worst place on earth (I so doubt that), or in the way mentally wrong headspace to be carrying a gun.

As to your comment about maybe overthinking things...well, it's Tommy. He always overthinks things with girls.

Ya I am going to switch back to conventional deadlift for the next round of this routine. Got 5+ more weeks. Figure it won't kill me to finish them out with sumo. It feels weird to put that much(for me) weight on the bar for curls. One of those lift I never put a lot of weight in(pun). Lol I promise no gear usage. I did have a friend at the gym kind of ask me yesterday if I was sure I wasn't taking anything, mostly joking. Plus I had told him about my designer usage in the past, which I pointed out, so no point in lying now. For one I think this workout design is what serves my mind and body well. Also having a girl to talk to motivates me especially if it isn't one who is taking up all my time(like my ex did).

It was a case of me thinking more than I should, but something was legitimately up. I think it ended being a benefit in an odd way. Good reminder that all counsel is not always good counsel. Received someone's version of harsh "truth" from a "friend." It did get me to sit down and really think about things and consider them more. Spoke to someone more appropriate and objective about the concerns the "friend" brought up.

So since I unintentionally opened up a can of worms with the CCW talk haha. How about I get yall's opinion on something else?

I mentioned this in my first post of this log and it was a blimp BUT to be fair that was a really long post lol. So currently I live with a female who is in the Bible study I lead. Was not the situation I planned on moving into. Really hadn't considered living with a female. It doesn't look great for a few reasons plus men and women view things differently. I didn't have a lot of other options at the time and I got some advice from people I trusted. No real push back from them when I explained it out. Last night I went to the WRONG person for advice and they had been waiting to tell me whats what. Part of her "harsh truth" included I need to move out of the the woman's house because I am pursing dating a girl and it looks terrible living at another woman's house. Ignore the word choice and focus on the message haha. I honestly hadn't really thought about telling a girl I live with a woman. Weird huh? Me not thinking about something haha.

So I guess the questions could be the general principle of a single man living with a single woman. And do you think that would negatively affect long term dating? Particularly my situation but not exclusively.

And here is my workout from today:

Military press 170 for 8

Incline BB press 275 for 5,1 then dropped to 225 for another 5 reps

Belt squat 260 for 4 then stopped my set. Felt something in my right hip flexor and quad. Not sure how bad but it got me to stop my set. 

JM press 145 for 10 mtor

4 hours ago, Tomahawk007 said:

So I guess the questions could be the general principle of a single man living with a single woman. And do you think that would negatively affect long term dating? Particularly my situation but not exclusively.

It depends on the woman you're dating and what she values.

For most people, room mates are understood to be just room mates, regardless of gender. Non-issue. Adults are capable of handling themselves.

However, you could easily find someone in your circles who was raised to believe that the only appropriate situation for a man and woman to live in the same building is as husband and wife. I've seen this among my very religious friends. For them, your living arrangements could raise some concerns. The concerns would be without merit, of course, but that doesn't matter if it's perceived as an issue.

10 hours ago, Tomahawk007 said:

There are certain advantages to being an adult. You can eat cereal for dinner, you can rent a car, you can stay up to whatever hour you want and watch anything on TV and you are also the sole determinant of what is an appropriate living situation for you.

If neither your girlfriend or your roomie are having any heartburn over this, I'd politely tell your friend that you will take his thoughts under advisement and carry on.

The simple fact that you went to a person who "has been waiting to tell you What's what" and felt the need to give you a "harsh truth" says everything you should know about that person.  In case you don't feel like putting the words together since you know these people on a personal level, I will.

Fuck that woman.  Fuck her and her intrusive, judgy bullshit.  Like Ben said ^, you're an adult.  If you choose to live with someone be it for financial reasons, lifestyle compatibility, or if you like the same fucking TV shows, it doesn't really matter.  And if you're trying to date someone who can't get their head around the fact that someone has a roommate of the same sex as they are, the person you're dating is either one of these or any potential combo:

1.  An idiot

2.  In possession of a child's mind

3.  Insane in what will likely manifest itself in wild, out of control jealousy and manipulation/control schemes against you. 

First, it doesn't "look terrible" to normal people to live with someone you're not romantically interested in.  It would "look terrible" to some crazy bitch who thinks a man can't coexist in the same space as a woman without fucking them.  These are the same type of women who fly off the handle if their man is 20 minutes late home from work or the grocery store due to traffic or whatever incident may have kept you.  Traffic accident?  Nah, he's obviously busy fucking the produce girl at Kroger.

I have lived with women and men.  I also have the ability to find men and women sexually appealing (as I have mentioned in the past in various instances).  Funny thing, of the roommates I've had, as per this logic, I obviously tried to fuck all 11 of them (9 men, 2 women).  Fun fact: I didn't fuck or try to fuck any of them and no one in my life expected that I would have tried because that's how crazy people think.

In the end though, you really need to take control of your life and live it on your terms.  I get that you live in this bible study world and all that but the fact is that you spend all this mental energy on how you think people perceive of you and you try to contort your life to fit their view of how you should live.  You live with this woman for a reason, whatever reason that is (probably financial?) but that's your choice and it's frankly none of these other fucks' business.  And if the person you are trying to date has a problem with it, it's just going to be the first of many problems with things the rest of society stopped caring about in the 20th century.  Best to remove that cancer from your life before it settles in and metastasizes.

15 hours ago, Tomahawk007 said:

So since I unintentionally opened up a can of worms with the CCW talk haha. How about I get yall's opinion on something else?

I mentioned this in my first post of this log and it was a blimp BUT to be fair that was a really long post lol. So currently I live with a female who is in the Bible study I lead. Was not the situation I planned on moving into. Really hadn't considered living with a female. It doesn't look great for a few reasons plus men and women view things differently. I didn't have a lot of other options at the time and I got some advice from people I trusted. No real push back from them when I explained it out. Last night I went to the WRONG person for advice and they had been waiting to tell me whats what. Part of her "harsh truth" included I need to move out of the the woman's house because I am pursing dating a girl and it looks terrible living at another woman's house. Ignore the word choice and focus on the message haha. I honestly hadn't really thought about telling a girl I live with a woman. Weird huh? Me not thinking about something haha.

My take is that if you're dating women who are so threatened that you live in totally separate living quarters from another woman, then you should roll on to the next one. Are you two even friends? Or you just pay her some rent money and have a communal fridge?

I don't think it looks bad at all. Unless you bring a girl home to watch a movie and the girl barges in on your date wearing lulu lemon shorts so short that a vag lip slips out and she prances back and forth to the kitchen 18 times during the movie making sure that you see the full shot of her ass each time.

So yeah, if she's not doing that and she's just your landlord, question your advice-giver, not your living situation.

33 minutes ago, Emperor G_D said:

Am I the only person imagining Tommy in the cast of Three's Company?

Probably, I got high the other day and watched an episode or two. lol

I was going to post "Come and knock on our door/We've been waiting for you". I do not have the excuse of drug use.

It is the context of where I live, Bible Belt, in Georgia but not Atlanta.

I would not call the girl I have been on dates with my girlfriend yet. Still trying to get to that point. It is still early. She has been cautious so I could see me living with a female not being a positive maybe not a negative but I don't foresee it being labeled a positive. It is easy to logical explain things but logic doesn't always win out when it comes to things dealing with relationships. Would you not agree?

Ya it should have registered she was not the person to go. I thought she was joking when she asked if I had slept with my roommate. Honestly it is that comical to me. I in no way find my roommate attractive. Whether it be physical, mental, spiritual, emotional, or anything else you can come up with haha. And I know my roommate doesn't find me romantically attractive. Literally the first thing we discussed when we sat down to talk about the possibility of me moving in was that. We both agreed it won't work if either of us did now or in the future. I am pretty sure she is less likely to find me attractive now after living with me if I am being honest. 

I really hadn't spent much time thinking about what other people think. I asked for advice initially when it came up and was satisfied. I will say I do hold the belief of my actions and decisions matter. I don't live in a bubble that doesn't impact the people around me. If I say one thing and it looks like I do another it matters. So I at least try to be considerate of others even if I not always am.

And in case anyway was wondering I removed said "friend" from my life. Not someone worth talking to at this point in my life. No hard feelings toward but it is clear we don't have a reason to talk.

My roommate and I are friends. I knew her prior to living together. I wouldn't say we are super close buddy buddy by any means. I generally stay in my room if I am at home and not cooking. We do talk every now and then in passing but not really. Definitely haven't watched tv together. We both enjoy board/card games and have played together a handful of times maybe in 4 plus months.

The girl I am talking to doesn't know I live with a woman as far as I know. I didn't see a point bringing it up. But I specifically didn't use male or female pronouns when talking about "my roommate." I plan on telling her before she actually comes over though. Which she brought up the idea of me cooking for her.

To avoid being overly simplistic but because I'm working from home and have shit to get done today:

This is all very intellectually and emotionally immature.  With everyone involved with the probable exception of the person who you live with.

3 hours ago, Tomahawk007 said:

The girl I am talking to doesn't know I live with a woman as far as I know. I didn't see a point bringing it up. 

I don't think it needs to be said. As I mentioned, if this is the sort of thing that will drive ladies you are hanging out with away from you, then this is really immature. Maybe this is a good first "relationship test" to put the girls through. lol

39 minutes ago, Emperor G_D said:

I don't think it needs to be said. As I mentioned, if this is the sort of thing that will drive ladies you are hanging out with away from you, then this is really immature. Maybe this is a good first "relationship test" to put the girls through. lol

You mean we can test them too? Lol

Getting ready to head to the gym and then Dinner with Bri.