Sign in to follow this  
D-termine

CBD Source?

On 5/31/2019 at 10:05 PM, Construct said:

I'm not sure, but I imagine just about any oil would be suitable. MCT oil just has that ultra-liquid consistency that makes it easy to work with and measure. 

200mg is more than I've ever tried. Did you find any noticeable thresholds at 50, 100, and 200? Or just normal linear dose-response?

Honestly I've been inconsistent with dosing.  The first evening I took 300mg spread out over maybe 6 hours.  Within the first 100mg or less a knot that had been killing me in my neck/back almost completely let up.  By the end of the night I was nearly passing out even with a bit of thc in my system, which normally would have me wide awake.  

From what I've gathered, 100-300mg are doses used in clinical studies looking at improving sleep duration and quality.  

Have a delivery guy on the way with a 1:1 thc:cbd vape pen and some 250mg CBD tincture.  We'll see how this goes.

And last night I split a prerolled CBD joint with a buddy and I could have sworn I got a little high.

Update:  Got a 1:1 CBD to Vape pen, 1/2g I think.  One little rip does me just right.  Can even mix it in throughout the work day.  It's relaxing and stimulating.  Very enjoyable. 

Love the stuff that is coming to market.  I guess other cannabinoids have unique and interesting properties that just now being studied.  Curious to see what the next few years of isolated cannabinoid tinctures will look like.

I bought a 65% cbd cart online (so it's straight cbd and terpenes from non-mj sources). One good rip from this thing gave me a serious headchange. Instantly subdued and yawning. It had me seriously laid back. 

I have to agree with D...i love the shit coming to market right now. 

On 5/31/2019 at 8:59 AM, Growth Factor said:

Just be aware that depending on the route of administration you'll have to adjust your intake. 25mg vaped would be like over 100mg by oral consumption due to the vast difference in each's bioavailability, and that's a best case scenario guess. 

What makes you say the vaped CBD is 4x the potency of oral consumption?  

1 hour ago, D-termine said:

What makes you say the vaped CBD is 4x the potency of oral consumption?  

Its oral bioavailability is literally almost 10x less by oral consumption than by inhalation. By some studies it could even be claimed to be 20x less potent (~2% vs ~45%), though the ranges found by oral consumption tend to be between 2-6 percent across the few pharmacokinetic studies out there. 

Sublingual might be much better than oral, and it tends to be the case for small molecules and perhaps moreso for lipophilic ones (I'm not sure, this needs a citation, it's just off the top of my head). But other than injection, inhalation is the best ROA, and other methods don't even compare for CBD. THC tolerates oral consumption much better than CBD (actually it is pretty poor, but the upside is it converts to something stronger).

20 hours ago, mwarren said:

*do not inject lipophilic substances

Why do I get the feeling this was for me lol?  A former UFC fighter I work with said he's used an injectable cbd, curcumin, peptide mix before to treat an injury.  Wonder if I heard that right/if making something like that using BPC-157 is even possible..

51 minutes ago, D-termine said:

Why do I get the feeling this was for me lol?  A former UFC fighter I work with said he's used an injectable cbd, curcumin, peptide mix before to treat an injury.  Wonder if I heard that right/if making something like that using BPC-157 is even possible..

lol I swear it wasn't aimed at you. 

I was actually meaning IV injection only. As far as IM, add a little benzyl alcohol and go for it. I'd inject the peptides in a different shot due to them being hydrophilic. 

I am curious if anyone here is still vaping CBD and if they would mind helping me find a good source? My wife, who I have shared on here previously, suffers from inflammatory bowel disease and disability related to brain damage from a stroke caused by sepsis years ago, has expressed interest to me in trying CBD to help her IBD. I’d like to get her setup on on something inhaled since the compound appears to have poor oral absorption, and this would be compounded by her short bowel syndrome which results in poor baseline intestinal absorption and rapid transit through her remaining small bowel. 

I’m also very concerned that the cases of lung damage caused by vaping are reportedly related to grey market cbd/thc vape pens. 

I am too busy to look this up right now - and feel free to ping me at a later date/time - but I came across a paper discussing oral CBD bioavailability and how most studies that examined had their subjects ingest CBD on an empty stomach... when instead subjects ingested it on a full stomach (read: assume they ate some fats) it increased CBD bioavailability from 2-6% upwards of ~30%+. I think this hint may help resolve stories on the internet of people taking 25-50mg CBD via oral ingestion and experiencing effects even though the early literature clearly found it to be a poor route of administration. 

Loosely related, I met a guy last weekend who is making a very successful living in FLA running a group of kava bars where they serve various flavored cold-brew kava "teas" that people consume instead of alcoholic drinks.

I've known about kava for a long time...but didn't realize this was now a thing.

17 hours ago, Something Anonymous said:

I am curious if anyone here is still vaping CBD and if they would mind helping me find a good source? My wife, who I have shared on here previously, suffers from inflammatory bowel disease and disability related to brain damage from a stroke caused by sepsis years ago, has expressed interest to me in trying CBD to help her IBD. I’d like to get her setup on on something inhaled since the compound appears to have poor oral absorption, and this would be compounded by her short bowel syndrome which results in poor baseline intestinal absorption and rapid transit through her remaining small bowel. 

I’m also very concerned that the cases of lung damage caused by vaping are reportedly related to grey market cbd/thc vape pens. 

Well, if Vit E. Ace is the cause of the lung disease, look at a place like www.cbdftp.com for CBD product that should be legal in most places (non cannabis source), and is uncut (hence their product name "uncut"). I have a pen and cartridge from there that I just started using.

8 hours ago, STENDEC said:

Loosely related, I met a guy last weekend who is making a very successful living in FLA running a group of kava bars where they serve various flavored cold-brew kava "teas" that people consume instead of alcoholic drinks.

I've known about kava for a long time...but didn't realize this was now a thing.

It's not "now" a thing...it's always been a thing. Lots of kava bars in HI and in other island nations. 

Yes...I realize kava has been consumed for centuries in the S. Pacific...

What appears to be a newer trend is kava bars in places like Tampa, Austin, Fayetteville, and Grand Rapids.

14 hours ago, STENDEC said:

Yes...I realize kava has been consumed for centuries in the S. Pacific...

What appears to be a newer trend is kava bars in places like Tampa, Austin, Fayetteville, and Grand Rapids.

I believe

I...didn't realize this was now a thing

and 

I...didn't realize this was now a thing in the continental US

are totally separate sentences in common tongue.

But I understand, now.

3 hours ago, Something Anonymous said:

I wonder what a good kava brew feels like? I remember trying some ground up powder in a pill a long time ago and feeling something, but it wasn’t much. 

Kava is good in capsule form, but kava in brewed form is terrific. Mixed with a fatty liquid like coconut milk, and steeped for a few minutes or hours, it's a good time. It's like booze without being "extra". It's like weed without being "extra", too.