Sign in to follow this  
Construct

Off season training

4 hours ago, STENDEC said:

Everybody should do this. Once.

I grew up watching This Old House with my dad on Sunday mornings. He and I did some remodeling work together when I was too young to really be much help. It's amazing how much of the knowledge I've retained, though.

Now my dad is getting too old to really help out much. I can tell he wants to, but my mom and I are both worried that he'll worsen his back problems if he tries. Kind of wish I had done this earlier in my life so he could help out a bit more.

Monday, 17 February 2020:

Decided to pace myself before the next leg day. Just climbing today.

Within 30 seconds of sitting down in the bouldering area, a girl fell off the wall and broke her arm right in front of me. We got her calmed down and the gym staff did some basic splint work so she could make her way to the doctor. I climbed a few bouldering problems but I wasn't really feeling it, so I left early.

I drove my wife's car to the gym. On the way home, it developed some terrible noises from the engine bay. Not quite consistent enough for rod knock, maybe a spun bearing, but I'm hoping it's just a broken timing belt tensioner. I'll pull it apart tomorrow, but I'm giving it 70% odds of a blown motor given that it almost has 200K miles.

On top of that, I'm feeling vaguely sick. Beginning to think I picked up some of @Growth Factor's bad 2020 luck somehow.