Sign in to follow this  
Supnut

Dynamine?

I'm 40 tabs deep into some random morning internet browsing and I've come across what appears to be a new caffeine alternative called Dynamine. 

Anyone messed with this stuff yet?

Hmm, I haven't found a working link to any peer-reviewed published studies yet (I searched on both Dynamine and methylliberine)

I'm all good on stimulants for a while. 

Now that I've noticed this, I'm seeing it all over.

Then again, some of that is Google's Addsense putting it in front of my face now that I've looked at it. 

On a related note, I've been using "Energy" by Weyland which I originally wanted to try for backpacking. In the trail, I find I need a boost much later than my day to day caffeine curfew. I've since been trying these at home and after running out of plain cheap caffeine pills, have switched to these exclusively. There is a handful of other ingredients in this product. I suspect the theanine is the heavy lifter. I don't feel like it reduces the energy boost in any way, but so far seems to be doing a good job of preventing sleep disturbances even when I take this product later into the afternoon. 

A surprise package showed up the other day from the company which contained a free bottle of Energy as well as their Focus and Relax products. 

I've tried the Relax twice before bed over the last two nights. Night one I slept through the entire night. If I woke up to pee once, I don't even remember it. This is very unusual for me. Last night had no such luck. I woke up after 2-3 hours very confused. It was nice and chilly in my room but I was sweating like crazy, possibly because I needed to pee. The lights were also on. After swimming through my brain fog for a while I realized the power had gone out and triggered my Hue lights to turn back on when it came back on. More testing is needed. 

The Focus product I've only tried once. It felt a bit like being on bacopa (which it includes) but maybe more so. I'm dubious these kinds of products do anything and always suspect placebo effect unless I can repeat the experience. 

3 hours ago, Supnut said:

I've tried the Relax twice before bed over the last two nights. Night one I slept through the entire night. If I woke up to pee once, I don't even remember it. This is very unusual for me. Last night had no such luck. I woke up after 2-3 hours very confused.

We had a herbal product called U-Dream. People swore it worked. A couple of weeks ago it was found to contain eszopiclone after many people had adverse effects.

The company is "surprised" and is "investigating" how their product could have been "contaminated"

4 hours ago, Sanction said:

We had a herbal product called U-Dream. People swore it worked. A couple of weeks ago it was found to contain eszopiclone after many people had adverse effects.

The company is "surprised" and is "investigating" how their product could have been "contaminated"

Who is this "we" you speak of?

4 hours ago, Sanction said:

Looks like we had it, but the FDA pulled it. This article says it was something similar to eszopiclone: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/medication-health-fraud/public-notification-u-dream-full-night-contains-hidden-drug-ingredient

Maybe some RC z-drug? Or just a regular old benzo derivative? EDIT: Other articles are saying it's racemic zopiclone, 

My favorite is still the workout supplement that contained Prozac for some unknown reason.

2 hours ago, Sanction said:

Canadians. I think the product was assembled in Vancouver. I assumed it wasn't sold stateside.

Aye. I forgot that you Canadians speak as one.

6 hours ago, Sanction said:

i speak for all of them, especially in Ras' absence.

It's only you, him and that other guy isn't it....Kevin somebody?

My favorite "contaminated" product was Nasutra.

I can't find much info on Dynamine (Methylliberine).

I came across this questionable toxicological assessment document: https://aibmr.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/CS-Poster-2019.pdf

Nootropics Depot has a blog post heavy on marketing materials: https://nootropicsdepot.com/articles/dynamine-methylliberine-a-fast-acting-natural-ingredient-that-boosts-focus-and-energy/

My takeaways from the ND blog post are that it's 1) Short acting and 2) Potentially underwhelming as a stimulant if you're expecting a caffeine-like punch. Being mild and short-acting would make it a good pre-workout stimulant, though.

6 hours ago, Construct said:

Short acting and 2) Potentially underwhelming as a stimulant if you're expecting a caffeine-like punch. Being mild and short-acting would make it a good pre-workout stimulant, though.

If true, this would be perfect for me

On 1/3/2020 at 10:07 AM, Construct said:

My takeaways from the ND blog post are that it's 1) Short acting and 2) Potentially underwhelming as a stimulant if you're expecting a caffeine-like punch. Being mild and short-acting would make it a good pre-workout stimulant, though.

Or perhaps as a mid-late afternoon boost when its too late to risk disrupting sleep with regular caffeine.