Sign in to follow this  
STENDEC

Nandrolone Eases Joint Pain

Something the AAS community has known anecdotally for a long time...helps with joint pain.

Transl Androl Urol. 2020 Mar;9(Suppl 2):S186-S194. doi: 10.21037/tau.2019.11.03.
Nandrolone decanoate relieves joint pain in hypogonadal men: a novel prospective pilot study and review of the literature.
Tatem AJ1, Holland LC2, Kovac J1, Beilan JA3, Lipshultz LI4.

Testosterone is an archetypal androgenic-anabolic steroid (AAS), while its exogenous administration is considered to be the gold standard for the treatment of male hypogonadism. The benefits are not due to its intrinsic nature alone but are due to the result of its interactions with the androgen receptor (AR). As the management of hypogonadism continues to advance into the modern era, it would be preferable for modern andrologists to have multiple tools at their disposal to influence AR activity. Nandrolone, or 19-nortestosterone, is one such compound. In the following review of the literature, we examine the history, pharmacology, and clinical applications of this medication. We also present the results of our novel pilot study examining the favorable effects of nandrolone on joint pain for hypogonadal men.

PMID: 32257859

FFT

I will definitely check this out. 

A postdoc in my friends' lab is actually investigating letrozole's joint pain MoA. I suspect she hasn't looked into androgens at all based on our discussions and my discussions with my friend about her research, so I might forward this to her. 

Nandrolone is unusual among AAS in its ability to soothe joint pain I think....it does activate the progesterone receptor pretty actively I think so that might be related...

Well if you don't care about legal, pull up your skirt and pin the real deal. 😉

I think the prohormone market has pretty much dried up. All I see now are SARMs and some probably useless DHEA derivatives.

3 hours ago, STENDEC said:

Well if you don't care about legal, pull up your skirt and pin the real deal. 😉

I think the prohormone market has pretty much dried up. All I see now are SARMs and some probably useless DHEA derivatives.

If the world were different, I might. I was just wondering if there were any 19-nor compounds left outside of deca. Supplementing with a pro-drug for some side benefits like pain reduction as opposed to going all in and pinning deca has some attraction for me. 

I think you're right about the prohormone market I think it's dead.  The closest I've seen was the trestolone people are pinning, now.

19-norDHEA is a prohormone to nandrolone and is still being sold.  I haven't exactly seen any glowing reports about it though so I assume it's conversion is low and that it isn't at all cost effective.

Vibe is right. Interestingly, though: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18325697

Didn't this, or a similar study, actually get posted here before? I remember a discussion about nandrolone behaving as a SARM and how that may be partially responsible for mediating its joint-relieving effects. 

EDIT: before you say anything, I wasn't talking about the OP study, lol.