Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Something Anonymous

For Whom the Bells Toll

Recommended Posts

Did my first day with the 12kg kettlebell this morning. Only did 100 to ease myself in. The main thing I noticed that was different was how pumped my forearms got. My kettlebell is giant because I cheaped out and got one of the plastic + concrete ones and the handle is pretty thick which makes it hard to grip by the end of the 50 rep set. If the next few days are anything like today, I think my forearms are going to be the chokepoint to my progression here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm failing hard at ordering a kettlebell. One order cancelled, another order had a ship date pushed back by a month. I found one with Prime shipping and almost got through checkout, but someone else got it first.

 

Might have to try one of the DIY options for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took yesterday off because it's hot AF, and the day before (^^^) i hadn't felt real well after my workout.

 

Today I got after it with some tighter planning: Russian swings instead of AKC swings (much shorter stroke on the up-swing, crisper downstroke), and a prescribed rest period of 80 seconds as opposed to a little as possible up front and gasping, awful 2.5 minute rest periods on the backside of the workout.

 

I got 11 sets of 20 in 20:30. Avg HR 122, peak HR 152.

 

I'm going to try to work the girly muscles later, but being realistic-it's 78 outside, I'm drenched and the peak heat should be about ~100-104. So I might just wait until Fri-Sat-Sun to do some pumping and get the cardio in this week.

 

Edit: I lied and hit the dumbbells and bands after I dried off and cooled down a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Construct said:

I'm failing hard at ordering a kettlebell. One order cancelled, another order had a ship date pushed back by a month. I found one with Prime shipping and almost got through checkout, but someone else got it first.

 

Might have to try one of the DIY options for now.

Don't despair, try the used market on Amazon. It took two weeks but my 1st of three arrived today. Luckily it is the 10 lb one (10, 20, 40).

 

Let's see if I don't get too disabled 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did 500 this morning and in between some sets I did 10 reps of push-ups. These are getting considerably more tolerable as I go on. I say tolerable as I’m not dry heaving and/or vomiting in my backyard at 6am. I wonder if my neighbors have seen me and wonder wtf I am doing when I come charging out my backdoor throwing up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Something Anonymous said:

I did 500 this morning and in between some sets I did 10 reps of push-ups. These are getting considerably more tolerable as I go on. I say tolerable as I’m not dry heaving and/or vomiting in my backyard at 6am. I wonder if my neighbors have seen me and wonder wtf I am doing when I come charging out my backdoor throwing up. 

 

I keep wondering what my neighbors think of their neighbor panting and gasping for air in the morning, too. On second thought, fuck'm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did my first 100 this morning.  After 2 hours I'm still warm. The good news is that I didn't screw up my back and wasn't exhausted.  I will do another 100 today at some point.

 

I made sure to stretch afterwards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ozzman said:

Did my first 100 this morning.  After 2 hours I'm still warm. The good news is that I didn't screw up my back and wasn't exhausted.  I will do another 100 today at some point.

 

I made sure to stretch afterwards. 

Second  set of 100. Much easier. Stretched my piriformis' afterwards. I think I may be paying for the sudden increase of exercise. Don't care, needed to move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 sets of 20 in 21:45. avg HR 119, high 148. Felt real good during the work, but not so well afterwards. Everytime I push my limits, I seem to have a few minutes where I feel like death while my body sorts itself out. I'm sure it'[s normal and my not-normal mind gets tripped up by that. lol

 

I switched to a more crisp Russian KB swing from the American form. It shaved almost 10 seconds off a set of 20. I clock in at 27-32 seconds per set mostly. I got about 37-40 before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a low-intensity KB workout today. Sets of 20 like usual, but enforced 90 second rests (more like 80-ish). Just needed to not push it so hard or far today and probably tomorrow, too.

 

11 sets of 20 in 20:30. Avg HR 114 max HR 152.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No KB today after two days in a row, decided to go for a hike. Five miles in a pine forest.  Our clothing,  shoes, etc, ended up covered in pollen. This is random, but for 90% of my adult life I had terrible seasonal allergies. Every year it felt like the flu. Then one year, maybe 5 years ago, it all went away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...