STENDEC

Tren is a SARM

I suppose it should really come as no surprise that many AAS are actually SARMs...after all, this is what researchers were looking for when they developed them...an improved anabolic:androgenic ratio.

However, redefining AAS as SARMs may allow a resumption of research into their use as HRT agents for aging adults.

Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2011 Apr;300(4):E650-60. Epub 2011 Jan 25.

17β-Hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one (trenbolone) exhibits tissue selective anabolic activity: effects on muscle, bone, adiposity, hemoglobin, and prostate.

Yarrow JF, Conover CF, McCoy SC, Lipinska JA, Santillana CA, Hance JM, Cannady DF, VanPelt TD, Sanchez J, Conrad BP, Pingel JE, Wronski TJ, Borst SE.

Source

VA Medical Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, 32608-1197, USA. jfyarrow@ufl.edu

Abstract

Selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs) now under development can protect against muscle and bone loss without causing prostate growth or polycythemia. 17β-Hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one (trenbolone), a potent testosterone analog, may have SARM-like actions because, unlike testosterone, trenbolone does not undergo tissue-specific 5α-reduction to form more potent androgens. We tested the hypothesis that trenbolone-enanthate (TREN) might prevent orchiectomy-induced losses in muscle and bone and visceral fat accumulation without increasing prostate mass or resulting in adverse hemoglobin elevations. Male F344 rats aged 3 mo underwent orchiectomy or remained intact and were administered graded doses of TREN, supraphysiological testosterone-enanthate, or vehicle for 29 days. In both intact and orchiectomized animals, all TREN doses and supraphysiological testosterone-enanthate augmented androgen-sensitive levator ani/bulbocavernosus muscle mass by 35-40% above shams (P ≤ 0.001) and produced a dose-dependent partial protection against orchiectomy-induced total and trabecular bone mineral density losses (P

http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/300/4/E650.long

I suppose it should really come as no surprise that many AAS are actually SARMs...after all, this is what researchers were looking for when they developed them...an improved anabolic:androgenic ratio.

However, redefining AAS as SARMs may allow a resumption of research into their use as HRT agents for aging adults.

Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2011 Apr;300(4):E650-60. Epub 2011 Jan 25.

17β-Hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one (trenbolone) exhibits tissue selective anabolic activity: effects on muscle, bone, adiposity, hemoglobin, and prostate.

Yarrow JF, Conover CF, McCoy SC, Lipinska JA, Santillana CA, Hance JM, Cannady DF, VanPelt TD, Sanchez J, Conrad BP, Pingel JE, Wronski TJ, Borst SE.

Source

VA Medical Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, 32608-1197, USA. jfyarrow@ufl.edu

Abstract

Selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs) now under development can protect against muscle and bone loss without causing prostate growth or polycythemia. 17β-Hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one (trenbolone), a potent testosterone analog, may have SARM-like actions because, unlike testosterone, trenbolone does not undergo tissue-specific 5α-reduction to form more potent androgens. We tested the hypothesis that trenbolone-enanthate (TREN) might prevent orchiectomy-induced losses in muscle and bone and visceral fat accumulation without increasing prostate mass or resulting in adverse hemoglobin elevations. Male F344 rats aged 3 mo underwent orchiectomy or remained intact and were administered graded doses of TREN, supraphysiological testosterone-enanthate, or vehicle for 29 days. In both intact and orchiectomized animals, all TREN doses and supraphysiological testosterone-enanthate augmented androgen-sensitive levator ani/bulbocavernosus muscle mass by 35-40% above shams (P ≤ 0.001) and produced a dose-dependent partial protection against orchiectomy-induced total and trabecular bone mineral density losses (P < 0.05) and visceral fat accumulation (P < 0.05). The lowest doses of TREN successfully maintained prostate mass and hemoglobin concentrations at sham levels in both intact and orchiectomized animals, whereas supraphysiological testosterone-enanthate and high-dose TREN elevated prostate mass by 84 and 68%, respectively (P < 0.01). In summary, low-dose administration of the non-5α-reducible androgen TREN maintains prostate mass and hemoglobin concentrations near the level of shams while producing potent myotrophic actions in skeletal muscle and partial protection against orchiectomy-induced bone loss and visceral fat accumulation. Our findings indicate that TREN has advantages over supraphysiological testosterone and supports the need for future preclinical studies examining the viability of TREN as an option for androgen replacement therapy.

http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/300/4/E650.long

how come a "sarm" has 3% of the binding affinity of synthetic progestin 16a-ethyl-21-hydroxy-19nor-4-pregnene-3,20-dione (ORG2085) (cf. http://suppversity.blogspot.de/2011/08/beyond-vidas-book-part-12-androgen.html) to the progesterone receptor?

17a-ethyl-19-nor-T (norethandrolone) - 24%

norbolethone - 21%

tetrahydrogestrinone (THG) - 7%

gestrinone - 5%

17b-trenbolone - 3%

this equals >30% of progesterone, cf.

progestins.png

Steroids. 2010 Jun;75(6):377-89. Epub 2010 Feb 4.

Tissue selectivity and potential clinical applications of trenbolone (17beta-hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one): A potent anabolic steroid with reduced androgenic and estrogenic activity.

Yarrow JF, McCoy SC, Borst SE.

Source

Geriatric Research, Education & Clinical Center, VA Medical Center, Gainesville, FL 32608, United States. jfyarrow@ufl.edu

Abstract

Recently, the development of selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs) has been suggested as a means of combating the deleterious catabolic effects of hypogonadism, especially in skeletal muscle and bone, without inducing the undesirable androgenic effects (e.g., prostate enlargement and polycythemia) associated with testosterone administration. 17beta-Hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one (trenbolone; 17beta-TBOH), a synthetic analog of testosterone, may be capable of inducing SARM-like effects as it binds to androgen receptors (ARs) with approximately three times the affinity of testosterone and has been shown to augment skeletal muscle mass and bone growth and reduce adiposity in a variety of mammalian species. In addition to its direct actions through ARs, 17beta-TBOH may also exert anabolic effects by altering the action of endogenous growth factors or inhibiting the action of glucocorticoids. Compared to testosterone, 17beta-TBOH appears to induce less growth in androgen-sensitive organs which highly express the 5alpha reductase enzyme (e.g., prostate tissue and accessory sex organs). The reduced androgenic effects result from the fact that 17beta-TBOH is metabolized to less potent androgens in vivo; while testosterone undergoes tissue-specific biotransformation to more potent steroids, dihydrotestosterone and 17beta-estradiol, via the 5alpha-reductase and aromatase enzymes, respectively. Thus the metabolism of 17beta-TBOH provides a basis for future research evaluating its safety and efficacy as a means of combating muscle and bone wasting conditions, obesity, and/or androgen insensitivity syndromes in humans, similar to that of other SARMs which are currently in development.

Published by Elsevier Inc.

PMID: 20138077

I finally got around to reading the FT of the UF study that I posted in the OP and came across this nugget

Mass of the LABC muscle complex was increased by 21–38% in TE- and TREN-treated animals (P

This is the figure that goes with that

Screen_Shot_2012_07_30_at_6_12_17_AM.png

What this means is that in terms of anabolic activity (using the standby LA test), low doses of trenbolone (1mg/wk) were both as effective as much larger doses of both trenbolone and testosterone but that the androgenic activity, measured by prostate size, we quite a bit lower at all doses of trenbolone compared to testosterone.

So instead of the 500:500 Q ratio that you often see quoted for tren, it appears that in this study, it really had a anabolic:androgenic ratio of 700:70 or so...it is also interesting to note that the anabolic activity was not very dose dependent with a low dose providing the same amount of anabolic punch as a dose 7x larger...

Steroids. 2010 Jun;75(6):377-89. Epub 2010 Feb 4.

Tissue selectivity and potential clinical applications of trenbolone (17beta-hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one): A potent anabolic steroid with reduced androgenic and estrogenic activity.

Yarrow JF, McCoy SC, Borst SE.

Source

Geriatric Research, Education & Clinical Center, VA Medical Center, Gainesville, FL 32608, United States. jfyarrow@ufl.edu

Abstract

Recently, the development of selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs) has been suggested as a means of combating the deleterious catabolic effects of hypogonadism, especially in skeletal muscle and bone, without inducing the undesirable androgenic effects (e.g., prostate enlargement and polycythemia) associated with testosterone administration. 17beta-Hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one (trenbolone; 17beta-TBOH), a synthetic analog of testosterone, may be capable of inducing SARM-like effects as it binds to androgen receptors (ARs) with approximately three times the affinity of testosterone and has been shown to augment skeletal muscle mass and bone growth and reduce adiposity in a variety of mammalian species. In addition to its direct actions through ARs, 17beta-TBOH may also exert anabolic effects by altering the action of endogenous growth factors or inhibiting the action of glucocorticoids. Compared to testosterone, 17beta-TBOH appears to induce less growth in androgen-sensitive organs which highly express the 5alpha reductase enzyme (e.g., prostate tissue and accessory sex organs). The reduced androgenic effects result from the fact that 17beta-TBOH is metabolized to less potent androgens in vivo; while testosterone undergoes tissue-specific biotransformation to more potent steroids, dihydrotestosterone and 17beta-estradiol, via the 5alpha-reductase and aromatase enzymes, respectively. Thus the metabolism of 17beta-TBOH provides a basis for future research evaluating its safety and efficacy as a means of combating muscle and bone wasting conditions, obesity, and/or androgen insensitivity syndromes in humans, similar to that of other SARMs which are currently in development.

Published by Elsevier Inc.

PMID: 20138077

Can anyone get the FT of this?

Guest WangChung

[MENTION=2]Benson[/MENTION], are you able to discern the additive benefits from the tren you've been taking. I am interested in your regimen in this regard, perhaps for a short blast. It sounds like it's helped you build, or at least maintain, while losing weight. I'd like to hear more about your experiences of your low-dose protocol. (Just the tren; as you know, I don't get along with epi.)

It's a little troubling to me that my university is subscribed to the journal Steroids, but not to the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. Isn't that a little strange?

Guest WangChung
Others may be able to shed more light...my experience has been heavily confounded by my cut.

Still interested in your regimen, and what you experienced as you increased the dose, if you are willing to share it. I dont know anyone else on the lower dose regimen. What is it, 50 mgs now? As I recall you increased it. What did that do incrementally? Surely you have some sense, if you increased it.

Perhaps [MENTION=7]ozzman[/MENTION] can chime in as well.

TIA.

I felt nothing at all subjectively from doses up to 60mg. I am losing fat rapidly but as I am also cutting hard, it is difficult to attribute this to the trendione.

I have this week gone back to low dose (20mg) epi.

So far Tren is the best AAS I have tried, even if it is much weaker in oral form. 20 mg is good for maintenance for those weeks I don't do much. 30 mg is when it begins to be noticeable as far as muscle density change. I haven't gone up to 40 mg yet. Very good cutter for sub-cutaneous fat

Guest WangChung
So far Tren is the best AAS I have tried' date=' even if it is much weaker in oral form. 20 mg is good for maintenance for those weeks I don't do much. 30 mg is when it begins to be noticeable as far as muscle density change. I haven't gone up to 40 mg yet. Very good cutter for sub-cutaneous fat[/quote']

Thanks Ozz. Are you still on your regular TRT dose? Do you consider this blasting, or will you remain on this longer term? I assume you are on liver support, TUDCA, etc?

It's tearing me apart watching my muscles flatten after all that hard work. I could use an edge on burning some subq fat, without feeling tweaky.

Guest WangChung

Have you seen bloods post tren? I've got everything where I want it now, and dont want to set off any alarms with my doctors.

I was not aware it was not methylated. You got any you can spare, Ben. Or can I still get it at Elite? I also need some BA water. It's gotten expensive as hell.

Have you seen bloods post tren? I've got everything where I want it now, and dont want to set off any alarms with my doctors.

I was not aware it was not methylated. You got any you can spare, Ben. Or can I still get it at Elite? I also need some BA water. It's gotten expensive as hell.

You can get it from elite right now. Order while you still can.

I am using it, and have achieved massive gains in strength and bodyweight alongside TRT. Reduction in bf% as well. Very noticeable.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

Guest WangChung
You can get it from elite right now. Order while you still can.

I am using it, and have achieved massive gains in strength and bodyweight alongside TRT. Reduction in bf% as well. Very noticeable.

I am only seeing this now. Is this it?

See details

Raw T-Var Powder , (In Stock) (1 Gram)

Pre-Sale Raw T-Var Powder Pure Estra-4,9,11-triene-3,17-dione

I bet James can hook me up if they are out.

How much would you recommend buying?

I am only seeing this now. Is this it?

See details

Raw T-Var Powder , (In Stock) (1 Gram)

Pre-Sale Raw T-Var Powder Pure Estra-4,9,11-triene-3,17-dione

I bet James can hook me up if no one here can.

Yes, that's it. I have some if you don't want to order from them. I recommend them, though, and the quality is twice as good as what you get capped from most companies.

Guest WangChung

Does 5 grams sound ample? I figure I can always trade it to someone. And where did you buy your capper. I had one from NP years ago, but no longer. Or may be you are not capping it?

DONE:

Products ordered

SKU Product Item price Quantity Total

SKU324 Raw T-Var Powder , (In Stock) (1 Gram) $9.99 5 $49.95

Subtotal: $49.95

Shipping cost: $5.95

Total: $55.90

Thank you for your purchase!

I will make a liquid. Deeper down the fucking rabbit hole ...

Oral solutions rock. I'm going to mix my halodrol up in a while, and if [MENTION=117]mwarren[/MENTION] ever send me my shit, I can do the same with the trenavar.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk